PDA

View Full Version : Today, I got the call. . .

Smokee_2_7
07-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Well, the title pretty much sums it up. I've been on the preorder list for an x-mag since october. Today, I got THE call - - - letting me know that they have the body in for me, to double check on my ano preferences and options. Soon, it will be off to ano, then assembly and testing. Then, It will FINALLY come to me!.

needless to say, im pretty excited.

Carl

pbzmag
07-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Just for reference, when did you call? I called back in November.

Edit: Forgot to congrat you. So...CONGRATS!!! I just ordered the green xmag from 888paintball and will be in on tuesday. When it comes in then and that everythings is good, I'll pull my name off the list. That should make some people happy!:D

Load SM5
07-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Congrats Carl! Can't wait to see it!

Smokee_2_7
07-09-2003, 11:05 PM
I placed the call on october 31st, from what JoAnn told me. When I talked to Jon on monday (I was getting paranoid that I might fall through the cracks on batch 4) he told me that they had started 're-numbering' the list with the beginning of batch 3. So, for example, the first person on the list of batch 3 was numbered '1'. I was told that they got up to number 70 in batch 3. My gun was number 86 on the list. So, i guess i was the 16th person to get 'the call' when the bodies came in. Not sure how many guns are in this batch. Additionally, i believe the total numbers on the current pre-order list reaches up into the hi 200s or so.

Hope this helps you out. .

Carl

EDIT ('cause I just saw load's post)

man, you should have seen it- - I came into the shop today about 4. Barry's daughter has just started working up there, helping run the register. When I walked in, she tells me that: "some lady just called you a little while ago". With a perplexed look on my face, I asked who. (Im not even working much right now- -- im living down on dauphin island, enrolled in some classes this month) She said "someone from. . umm.. . air- gun?"

At that, my jaw hit the floor, and i asked if she was kidding- - - if her dad (my boss) and put her up to this to mess with me. .. So she promptly started messing with me, saying it was a joke. I guess she saw how my eyes lit up. .

Well after a vareity of threats over messing with my head on this one, and several "you're really not joking?"'s- - She produced the slip of paper with my phone messge on it. It read (keep in mind she knows nothing about paintball guns):

To: Carl
Re: "Ex-mag"
Number: 1-bla bla blaaa. .

My jaw hit the floor and I started dancing around. Im sure Joann had a good laugh after getting off the phone with me when i called back. Excited dosen't begin to describe it. I must have babbled on for 10 minutes.

SO for the following hour-ish, I was dancing around the shop, and Spreading the good news to every single customer (whether I knew them or not) about my gun ALMOST being ready. Im sure it was quite a sight.

Finally, there's a good possibility that I found a buyer for my eblade today. All in all, its been a pretty good day.

WarBUCKs
07-10-2003, 12:58 AM
I think you are more couth than I am. I will pass out and fall into a coma once they call... After a couple weeks I will wake up and be really excited to see my new X-Mag in a box waiting for me. Talk about passing the time!

Oh yah... congrats.. :)

adam shannon
07-10-2003, 02:19 AM
mine came 2 weeks ago...getting that call is like being on a death watch and getting the call a donor heart for you is a perfect match.