PDA

View Full Version : Hey TK...Find any fossils on your vacation????

AutomagRT1483
07-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Hey, glad to see you back. Now lets get the dirt on your fossil hunt. :D

AGD
07-10-2003, 02:33 AM
Hell yea!

Got a
Rhino skull
two Oreodont skulls with lower jaws
dino spine
a couple small T.rex teeth
large Titanathere jaw
two Saber Cat jaws
dino pelvis
horse lower jaw
and fossil egg shell

Pretty good considering it rained for 6 days!!

AGD

the123
07-10-2003, 02:43 AM
All that in 2 weeks? thats great Tom. Post some pics when you get a chance.
Brian

kosmo
07-10-2003, 08:24 AM
It may sound incredible finding all that in 2 weeks, but what he isnt telling you is it rained for 6 days, he got trapped in the middle of nowhere. Then he had to eat his horse, and he kept the jaw. Finally on his way back, he burglarized a museum or two.

cphilip
07-10-2003, 08:40 AM
I was hopeing he would find Saddam out there... :D

Dayspring
07-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Nah nah nah.... Jimmy Hoffa! :D

Meph
07-10-2003, 12:30 PM
You could've saved at least a week of time dusting off those bones and fossils by one simple thing.

Helicopter!

Forget that tiresome little dusting with the umpire home-plate duster. Just get a helicopter to hover overhead, and those bones will be exposed in seconds!

Or for a cheaper alternative, an air compressor. Unless there's no generator out there, then a billow could work.

Pballwizz
07-10-2003, 12:36 PM
HAy TK, not to be rude or anything, but like, is this a proffestion or a hobby, cause Im interested in Paleontology, and for a while thought about it for a future proffesion, but decided against, but I think it would still be cool to go on Dino Digs for fun. BTW, How big is that Rhino Skull, must be pretty big. Ok, peace!

Tyger
07-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Well, when I saw him he didn't have any dins tied to the hood or nothin, so it couldn't have been that god a hunt. :)

'tis a Wisconsin joke....

-Tyger

Webmaster
07-10-2003, 02:20 PM
Pics - I want pics!

Muzikman
07-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Seeing as he only usually does it a month out of the year, I don't know if you could call it a profession. But as soon as you see his collection, it is also more than a hobby:)

Originally posted by Pballwizz
HAy TK, not to be rude or anything, but like, is this a proffestion or a hobby, cause Im interested in Paleontology, and for a while thought about it for a future proffesion, but decided against, but I think it would still be cool to go on Dino Digs for fun. BTW, How big is that Rhino Skull, must be pretty big. Ok, peace!

cphilip
07-10-2003, 02:39 PM
yes its one of his "madness's"

Although I am certain if someone wanted to pay him to do it he would jump on it like Justin on Brittney but...

Well then you would have a guy that gets paid to play with paintball markers all day then getting paid to go Fossil hunting too... I mean how much luck can one guy have? :( :eek: :D

silentdeath55
07-10-2003, 02:39 PM
Muzikman, lol. That is a beautiful sight driving home from hunting.... I'm always thinking....Where the hell were those animals when I was out freezing my *** off in the woods???

That's a cool hobby Tom. Where exactly were you digging?

Recon by Fire
07-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Tom's next project will be to collect DNA and recreate these fossils and open an amusement park. It will of course be called "Jurrasic Toms!".

Pballwizz
07-10-2003, 04:15 PM
LOL, thats great!

wobbles82
07-10-2003, 10:53 PM
Just a little something something I made for Recons post, that was good recon. Although I couldnt fit the S, live with it though, heh. :D

Richter
07-10-2003, 10:59 PM
my grandparents use to be rock hounds (not just fossils) but we still have thier baby mammoth teeth here in the house. I just amazes me how you wiat till it is a hundred degrees in south dakata to look for this stuff.
later
Shane