PDA

View Full Version : My level-X problem continues....

zippy
07-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Ok so i almost have everything worked out. I have read the Official Level Ten Guide so i have a better idea of whats going on.

I have my gun Set up with 850psi going in
One striped Carrier
two shims

The gun shoots fine and the bolt returns fine, however there is air leaking from the bolt constantly. Any of the other carriers do not work because they are either too tight or way too loose. Can someone help me please?

It's not a shim problem, well, i dont think it's a shim problem because the bolt is returning fine and it is venting fine.

One more question, or statement that you can either agree or disagree to: The more shims the longer the bolt will be able to vent. So by reducing the amount of shims i will shorten the amount of time that the bolt will vent. Is this statement correct?

Thank you for your time.

xen_100
07-10-2003, 11:56 AM
take the shims out. the shims push the carrier back in the powertube. it is most likely pushed the carrier o-ring back far enough that the vent hole on the powerpiston is partially exposed. causing a leak.

if you dont need shims, dont use them.

zippy
07-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Thank you once again for helping me out. I took one of the shims out and it no longer leaks, so i will go with that setup for now, thanks.