PDA

View Full Version : AGD Banner Contest, Part Deux! Show Your Support at the IAO and win Warps + a RTPro!

Scooter/Cootie
07-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Yes, you read that right. Show your support for the AGD Factory Teams at this years IAO and you could <b>win a brand spanking new RTPro and Warp Feeds!</b> :eek:

What we want to see is the stands at the IAO filled to capacity with waving banners and signs giving their support for the AGD Factory Teams during the 7-man Amatuer tournament!

The top two largest, most gaudy, attention getting signs will win Warp Feeds! However, if you happen to persuade, bribe, and/or kidnap a photographer and get you banner in a magazine, you'll win a RTPRO!

Of course there will be a few rules that you'll need to abide by inorder to win...

The rules are:

The two largest, most attention getting signs will win Warp feeds.
The first banner that we see in a magazine will win a RTPro.
The banner must have all three AGD Factory Team names on it, "AGD Pride", "AGD Lions", and "AGD Kids".
The banner must be shown when an AGD Factory Team is playing a game.
The banner must be shown in the stands at IAO.
The banner must have your AO nickname visable inorder to win.

The winners will be chosen by attending members of the AGD Factory Teams (and Capo!) on the last day of the event (Sunday, July 20th). The winners will be notified through a post on AO on Monday, July 21st.

Remember, we are highly influenced by cheering and shouting, so whoop it up and get noticed! It will also help you to get noticed if you have the sign up during each day of the 7-man event. Don't bring it out on the last day and expect a good chance to win.

So get those ideas cracking and those signs moving. We've only got a short amount of time until the International Amatuer Open is here!

Scooter/Cootie
07-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Here are some pics of the winners at this years Skyball event.

Otis's banner.

Scooter/Cootie
07-10-2003, 10:27 AM
Fred's Banner

Scooter/Cootie
07-10-2003, 10:28 AM
And the Ultimate! Striders 70+ foot banner! WooHoo!!! :D

wyn1370
07-10-2003, 10:30 AM
what happens if the first pic in a magazine has more than one banner in it?

Scooter/Cootie
07-10-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
what happens if the first pic in a magazine has more than one banner in it?

Then the one that draws our attention first will win the RtPro. It's an incentitive to make your banner as gaudy as possible. :)

Xyxyll
07-10-2003, 10:49 AM
OMG! There are soooooo many things persuading me to come to IAO. I would LOVE to go! I could watch the AGD teams, advertise for my little business, and check out some of the new paintball products that companies are inviting me to come check out. The only problem is I am too busy! ARGH!!!

Oh well... looks like I won't be able to make a big 'ol banner and have some of my pb2x buddies to take a pic. ;)

Good luck AGD teams, and good luck to the now competing AO banner-makers. :D

Nick1Shot
07-10-2003, 11:39 AM
So what do you get if your banner shows up in an IAO Video/DVD???

Nick
1Shot

Scooter/Cootie
07-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Nick1Shot
So what do you get if your banner shows up in an IAO Video/DVD???

Nick
1Shot

Ha! Good question...Hmm...I think we'll be able to work something out...;)

Fred
07-10-2003, 02:13 PM
wait, so I can't resubmit my old banner again? (who DOES have my banner anyway???) it only took me over an HOUR to plot it... ;)

drat!

I don't think Wyn, Tater, and the others would be willing to hold it up for me again either... :rolleyes: (thanks again guys!)

good luck fellas, i won't be in competition for this one... I'm 6 time zones east of my office and the fun color plotter...

and, PLAY HARD AGD TEAMS!

---Fred

Muzikman
07-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Fred
I don't think Wyn, Tater, and the others would be willing to hold it up for me again either... :rolleyes: (thanks again guys!)---Fred

WAIT!!!! Tater and Wyn had nothing to do with holding up your banner!!!!!! ;)

wyn1370
07-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman

Wow no love from the Fred. You totally hosed everyone who held up your banner. See if they'll hold up any more of your crap.

drboo
07-10-2003, 03:33 PM
Nice banner Fred....I like the use of the "glam" photo's. I was at that shoot, it was pretty funny (skirts thinks he's a high fashion model)

Other notes:

Where are the good pics of Scooter?
Seeing Butch's name on there is just plain weird.
That is the most normal picture I've ever seen of allen (although a few funny ones come to mind :) )

"Remember, we are highly influenced by cheering and shouting, so whoop it up and get noticed! It will also help you to get noticed if you have the sign up during each day of the 7-man event. Don't bring it out on the last day and expect a good chance to win."

Chupas is also highly influenced by good looking women and purple ...just a pointer...

Scooter/Cootie
07-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by drboo
Chupas is also highly influenced by good looking women and purple ...just a pointer...

Among a few other things....;)

spydervenom
07-11-2003, 10:55 PM
so peeps who wont be there on sunday can't win :( damn.

Chupas2
07-12-2003, 01:02 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by drboo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. Bring lots of woman and a big purple sign and you have my vote:D

Also I like Zingers with vanilla frosting.;)

Scooter/Cootie
07-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Just to clear up any confusion, you don't have to be present to win a Warp. If you send the banner to the IAO and have someone else display it, thats fine!

You'll just have to figure out how to pay the person who's holding the banner. :p

Just make sure that it has YOUR AO nickname on it in order to win.

spydervenom
07-12-2003, 11:26 PM
so the banner has to be there on sunday?

Scooter/Cootie
07-13-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by spydervenom
so the banner has to be there on sunday?

Any day during the 7-man amatuer event. But you've got to display it during one of the factory teams games.

spydervenom
07-13-2003, 06:40 PM
cool :) hopefully there's a schedule on IAO's site

Fred
07-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Muzikman

Apologies, they got it there...

Originally posted by Wyn1370

Wow no love from the Fred. You totally hosed everyone who held up your banner.

Dude, I've never had a straight answer of who exactly held it up; Muzik, gracie!
I will buy beers for everyone who did if we meet at Shatnerball.

rumors abound...
and... where is it now? gathering dust at AGD?

Originally posted by Wyn1370 See if they'll hold up any more of your crap.

:mad: well, after next may when I finally graduate I can hold it up myself! :D

Scooter/Cootie
07-14-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Fred
where is it now? gathering dust at AGD?

Right now, your guess is as good as mine. After it got tossed on the pile of gear to go into the truck at Skyball, we can't seem to find it anywhere. :confused:

Hopefully it is gathering dust somewhere and we'll be able to find it again. Keep your fingers crossed. :p

Albinonewt
07-16-2003, 11:32 AM
I should have mine up when I get there Saturday, which is a little late I know.

What do you think of the Slogan

"I have Pride in my Kids eating Lions"

Scooter/Cootie
07-16-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
What do you think of the Slogan

"I have Pride in my Kids eating Lions"

Excellent! Very creative. :cool:

We can't wait to see all the banners at the IAO. Cya tomorrow everyone!

spydervenom
07-19-2003, 09:46 PM
i didn't make one b/c i figured there would be like 10 people w/ banners 2x the size mine would've been...then i never ended up seeing one the whole day friday or today(saturday) morning

i supported you as much as i could though ;)

Xyxyll
07-19-2003, 10:11 PM
I told you to make one SV. I wish I were able to go to IAO guys. I woulda been everywhere! :D

Next year... next year for sure!!! I'll be there for sure. I'll definitely be at every AGD match (if possible), and I am hoping to set up a booth at the trade show. :D

AGD
07-20-2003, 06:57 PM
Dissapointingly there were no banners at IAO.....

AGD

spydervenom
07-20-2003, 07:05 PM
crap
/me goes back in time to make one

Xyxyll
07-20-2003, 07:06 PM
AGD,

The problem was everyone that wanted to make a banner wasn't able to go! If I had not already committed to football camp, I would have been there from start to finish! :D

I am surprised too though. I would have expected at least a few banners. I know Spydervnm was planning on building one, but he gave up on it the day before he left for IAO.

Next year TK... next year. I'll definitely be there, and I'll definitely show my AGD support. Even if there's no contest. ;)

tony3
07-21-2003, 05:06 PM
man, if I went to IAO id would of DEFEINTLY made a banner.