PDA

View Full Version : Building a Tank

Guyver13
07-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Has anyone had any good luck building a turret for a tank?
Some of my crew and I are building one and we're currently looking at adding a turret.
This was built on a golf cart base.

If you want to see more pic's of it hit this website.
http://community.webshots.com/user/nerdcore

punkcmonkiez
07-11-2003, 01:15 PM
hehe

laxkid
07-11-2003, 08:33 PM
punkcmonkiez

can I get a couple of picks that thing is cool

punkcmonkiez
07-11-2003, 08:40 PM
its my dads... he wanted me to post it... ill try and get ya some pics

laxkid
07-11-2003, 08:49 PM
thanks

punkcmonkiez
07-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Here is a rough plan for a turret that I am planning on building. You will have to adapt it your tank. Hope you liked my tank above it's turret was remote controlled via a joystick inside. It was based upon a sit and spin toy, driven by electric seat motors from a car which let the turret crawl around the upsidedown SITandSPIN with the help of cables and an old bicycle rim around the sit and spin. The turret was made from the top half of a luggage rooftop carrier. The turret could turn 270 degrees and the barrel could also go up and down. it really go some strange looks. Above it all it was Street LEGAL. The turret plan below of course is incomplete. remember you need to put a set of wheels on the underside or sides to keep it from falling off. if you need more detail post here i would Love to build it with you.

punkcmonkiez
07-12-2003, 12:16 AM
my tank hee hee

punkcmonkiez
07-12-2003, 12:19 AM
more tank!

punkcmonkiez
07-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Citations make great tanks!! before the $6.00 paint job and the drainage conduit, luggage carrier, pvc and SITand Spin. the finished product took over 50 hrs. most by my self. The guns did not fire. it was for a Klingon big gun contest. Umm, i won.

Matt_mg
07-12-2003, 09:59 PM
hehe I'd mount something like two warp-fed cheap electros on that :D

Bring joy to the field, waste it ;)

punkcmonkiez
07-14-2003, 12:17 PM
you might what to put a tiny 12v compressor on board to power a PB cannon or mortor, or get a palmer stablizer and reg it down to 90- 100 psi and use hpa, CO2 or SCUBA tanks hee hee. to fill the air reserviour. Im stoked.

punkcmonkiez
07-14-2003, 12:18 PM
hee hee

Guyver13
07-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Cool thanks guys. You've got any more good main cannon plans?

ZyperioN
07-15-2003, 09:20 PM
um i have rough plans for a 3 barrel rotating cannon somewhere around here, PM me if u want them.

punkcmonkiez
07-28-2003, 01:29 PM
just changin my sig....

shinobidice
07-28-2003, 04:19 PM
SO have you decided on a [machine]gun turret, or more of a Main Cannon? If you just want a gun turret, you could take a tippmann/spyder, something cheaper that lays down some paint.

Heres My Idea. You could take 1 or two spyders (used for example) connect them together somehow (duct tape, jb weld, clamp etc.)

Yellow Dot: Plexy Glass Sheild with holes for barrel (clamped onto guns behind barrel)

Blue Dot: Somehow connect the two triggers to a dowel and the dowel, make either a square to pull the triggers, or make it like an H to pull the triggers. you could connect it to the triggers by attaching some kind of ring to the triggers like a keyring or so with superglue or whatnot.

Green Dot: Air Hose conenctor. My Idea takke an on off adapter for a drop forward that has air outlets on both sides, put hoses out both sides and attach to guns. THis way you could shoot both guns off one tank, but you'd need a 20 oz. You could also use a seperate tank for both, using the asa that comes with the gun/spare ones you have, but this would be easier dont you think?

Red Dot: A Dropforward conencted to something allowing it to swiwel around so you could shoot many ways. this area could be thought through more, its not exactly very cler how id want it if i had it, so you might not even need this. There are many more possibilities, like clamp guns to some kind of swiveling base (maybe off an old office swivel chair)

Blah im tured of typing, and i hope this helps

shinobidice
07-28-2003, 04:20 PM
And the pic i forgot to attach...

ZyperioN
07-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Or he could just put one hand on each gun and fire them both individually....thats what i did, and it's pretty fun cause if one gun chops and u have to clean it u can still unload with the other while you swab out the barrel.I used two low end spyder electros with 20 inch Stone Cold II barrels for looks, both were power by 12vlt Revy's and powered of individual 20 ounces. To stop chopping i set both guns on 5bps and with both guns going it had that THUMP_THUMP_THUMP_THUMP sound that sounded like a big powerful machine gun. I also had two PVC stocks coming from the gun platform that rested on each shoulder to give it the feel of one of the anti-aircraft machine guns on naval ships, it kicks serious @$$

JonDaAzn
07-28-2003, 10:58 PM
you could have multiple espirits (im thinking like 6) all wired togther to one frame, this would make it much much easier to lay down the law, also you could stick one of those rotating office chairs and twirl around (yay!)

ZyperioN
07-29-2003, 10:53 AM
couldnt do the single frame because the board cant handle the power needed to work all 6 solenoids.

JonDaAzn
07-29-2003, 02:42 PM
would it be possible to do multiple boards activated by one microswitch then?

ZyperioN
07-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Possibly, just have each board with it's own power and solenoid setup, then just run wires from your single switch to the box where you would store the boards and batteries, then run more wires to each of the solenoids of the gun, the gripframes would still have to be realively intact, or atleast enough to mount the solenoid properly

laxkid
07-30-2003, 05:34 PM
zyperioN I would like to see your tank please and I was wondering were do you play skirmish or pocoloco or around there. because you live in doylestown I live in king of prussia.

JonDaAzn
07-30-2003, 09:00 PM
what the heck is this! :eek:

ZyperioN
07-31-2003, 07:04 PM
a tank...........an airball field............players