PDA

View Full Version : new or build it?

stondroopy
07-10-2003, 05:45 PM
if i was to buy a classic mag and replace the valve,body and frame would it be easier to just buy the parts and put them together or is it more difficult then im thinking?im looking at ule body x-valve and intelli frame thnx for any info :)

stondroopy
07-10-2003, 05:47 PM
hmm that sounds wrong.what i mean to say is can i just buy those parts and put them together instead of buying a mag and replacing the componets?i think this makes sense DOH!

rehme
07-10-2003, 05:49 PM
if you were going to replace all the parts you still would neen a couple of things

rail
rail bushings
sear
sear pin
front frame screw

and automags are extremely easy to take apart and put back together and you got AO to help you :D

Tobe2be
07-10-2003, 06:09 PM
i think its best to buy all your parts seperately than getting a gun. just my 2 sense.

stondroopy
07-10-2003, 06:58 PM
this would be my first attempt at putting a marker together,is there a way to get a parts list of what ill will need?any suggestions for what would work the best for the stuff mentioned in the above thread :) thnx again

AcemanPB
07-10-2003, 07:00 PM
You could always PM Tunaman. He builds "custom" mags and could probably make you a mag with all those things already on it. That way there would be no replacing parts.

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
07-10-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm going to weigh in with my 2 cents worth, remember you get what you pay for.................

I would make a list of all the parts you need and price them individually and then figure the price of an assembled marker and the parts to make it the way you want it and go with what's cheaper. Just my opinion...........

Tobe2be
07-10-2003, 07:19 PM
sorry that i couldnt elaborate on my opinion but i got kicked out of my job. lol most people want to leave i usually want to stay later......anyways. i bought a mag from madmatt151 its was pretty barebone stock except a 2x trigger and a j&j ceramic barrel. now the only thing i have from that gun is the top half and the body i had to polish everything else was changed.so i think you should do what Lovemymagmorethanyou said price everything out. remember a barebone mag is pretty ugly no offense TK but its built like a tank. so figure out exactly what you want and then go from there. if you want something custom built i know tunaman and maybe roguefactor can do it for you. these guys are the pride and joy AGD has to offer. if you want a parts list it goes something like this

Valve- I would go with a x valve but a retro would do the job
Body= ULE (cocker threaded)
Sear and pin = Think its the same for all valves but could be mistaken but i doubt i am
Rail bushing- to hold the trigger frame from moving
Trigger Frame- Inteli all the way even though wc keep would tell you to go with le benchy.
Vertical Adapter and Foregrip- you have an plethora of choices here
Hpa tank- CANNOT USE A RETRO WITH CO2
Drop Forward- not needed but recommeded
ASA- some sort of air connection
Airline and fittings- contraversial issue. but i would go with stainless steel linesbut its all prefrence
Barrels- another cotraversial issue but i think you can handle it from here

sorry for the long post just wanted to help

oh and a Levcl X is you get a retro valve

Lohman446
07-10-2003, 08:27 PM
I bought a mag off e-bay used for $160 to build from. Here is why - the valve is worth $100 trade in on an X-valve, the rail is worht another $40 - and this extra $20 I spent makes sure I have all the stupid little pieces (screws, etc) that I would forget if I was building piece by piece. I think in the end it will cost about the same.