PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Siberia

Collegeboy
07-11-2003, 05:19 AM
Well not yet, I haven't done anything that bad yet. :p

Anyways, just saying hello to everyone while I am here in St. Petersburg, trying to waste 30 minutes before we go to the American Consulate party tonight.

Everything so far has been good, excpet the turn around in Moscow which is too long to explain, just think about Hell, then think of hell as something better then the Moscow airport was.

St. Petersburg is a great city, I am presently loving the white nights (3 weeks of no darkness) but the problem is they turn of the hot water for a month, so until the 15th I have the pleasure of taking cold showers.

I am also enjoying the 3 dollar vodka, 3 dollar wine, and 25 cent beer.

That is it for know will post my adeventures when i get back.

Cya

Python14
07-11-2003, 11:02 AM
What do you mean they turn the hot water off? How can a country turn the hot water off for a month?

Oh well, Enjoy Russia. I hear it's awsome. Take pictures for all of us to see when you return.

aaron_mag
07-11-2003, 04:44 PM
CB! A sense of humor. You? I knew you had it in you.:D Have fun and take some pics to post for all of us.

AutomagRT1483
07-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Glad to hear you made it. Keep us posted on all the fun activities out there.

1stdeadeye
07-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Ah nuts!

He found a computer over in Russia. I bet it had like a 16k modem!;)

Python14
07-11-2003, 09:12 PM
haha 16k...no, it was probably like a guy on a donkey with a backpack to carry messages into Germany so someone could e-mail it from there.

BTW, I asked my best friend's dad and he said that it was common for a township to cut off the hot water supply to conserve fuel and energy...sucks.

JonDaAzn
07-11-2003, 09:50 PM
cool, watch out for tb tho:( , and bring back some cool stuff!

RusskiX
07-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Hey CB, if you get a chance stop by the "Chaika" bar right next to Griboyedova canal off of Nevsky have an import for me.

Ahh fond memories of vodka hazes and cockroach roommates. Have fun!

SlipknotX556
07-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Collegeboy
and 25 cent beer.

The American Dream.....

Or atleast my dream :)

JonDaAzn
07-12-2003, 01:11 AM
does anyone find it interesting that there is no hot water in the town for a month, but there is still computer and internet access?

breg
07-12-2003, 01:43 AM
Good to hear that you are having fun CB. Keep up the good work.

1stdeadeye
07-12-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556

The American Dream.....

Or atleast my dream :)

Then go to Fells Point in Baltimore! You can get quarter shots and 50 cent pitchers all the time. You just have to bar hop....a lot!;)

aaron_mag
07-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Then go to Fells Point in Baltimore! You can get quarter shots and 50 cent pitchers all the time. You just have to bar hop....a lot!;)
I knew it!!!! All you darn bankers are the same. A mixture of a lush and a cheap bastard. :D

1stdeadeye
07-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag

I knew it!!!! All you darn bankers are the same. A mixture of a lush and a cheap bastard. :D

Fells point is only when I'm paying!;)

If you pay, we'll do Georgetown in DC!:p

Star_Base_CGI
07-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Neato!

penguinpunk555
07-12-2003, 09:21 PM
wisconsin,siberia no diffrence welll have fun

FactsOfLife
07-12-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
CB! A sense of humor. You? I knew you had it in you.:D Have fun and take some pics to post for all of us.

yes, but is it a real sense of humor? or is he only working towards the long term goal of a sense of humor?

and if so, how will anyone know if he has indeed reached the goal of having a sense of humor?

and will he contradict us if we say he has one?

I have to stop now, my head is hurting....:p

Collegeboy
07-15-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife

yes, but is it a real sense of humor? or is he only working towards the long term goal of a sense of humor?

and if so, how will anyone know if he has indeed reached the goal of having a sense of humor?

and will he contradict us if we say he has one?

I have to stop now, my head is hurting....:p

Or which definition of sense of humor are we using, the first second and third, or the first and second, and who is to say what is right and what is the wrong definition.

Ok off to tour the Baltika factory and enjoy the free samples.