PDA

View Full Version : building 1st automag

skittlesRgood
07-11-2003, 05:28 AM
hey, im looking into making my 1st mag. ive been drooling over mags since i 1st got into paintball and the time has come to treat myself to one. on my list of parts so far is: automag body, level 10 bolt, automag valve, rail, basic triger from actionvillage.com, and of corse the hoses w/ quick disconnect. the thing that i need help with is where to find just the valve, no bolt. im hoping some one might have a spare i could buy off of them. also i just figured that i only need those main parts (never even touched a mag b4) so if im missing something plz let me know. it would suck a lot if i got all the pats and then found out i needed a screw or something. tips, tricks, heads ups, anything would be apreciated. well thanx for the help guys.

jason

Kevmaster
07-11-2003, 09:58 AM
unless you really want the project, I recommend buying it straight from AGD. It will be cheaper and will be all installed.

however, if you're going to do it your way...you'll need the field stip screw, the grip frame retaining screw and maybe anothre thing i cant think of right now..prolly

Snertz
07-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Hmm, you also need a rail bushing, a barrel, and a bottom line (the hoses?)

Shot you a PM about the valve and lvl 10. Also forgot to add that I have a stock basic grip frame, modded with intelli feed (check the link in my sig), and a ACI 14in Graffitti series bones barrel. PM me back

skittlesRgood
07-11-2003, 01:52 PM
unless you really want the project, I recommend buying it straight from AGD. It will be cheaper and will be all installed.

where do u go to put that together? i havent seen a place to do that on there site.

kinda thought i could get the parts cheaper this way and save some money. but thanx ill look into that as soon as i figure out how :)

billybob_81067
07-11-2003, 03:01 PM
You will need a front grip frame screw, and a field strip screw as well as a rail bushing and twist lock assembly (if they don't come pre installed on the body rail)

Oh and you might want a vertical adapter and a screw for it if you're wanting to run a foregrip/expansion chamber...

Oh and you'll definately need a sear and sear pin. (I keep thinking of more and more things :p)

Also I'd recommend to you that you get an aftermarket aluminum 45 grip frame as they are much nicer than carbon fiber. You can usually pick up a used single trigger benchy in the classefieds section of this website for $25-$30

You should check out the misc section of the classefieds to get all this stuff used. It will be a lot cheaper that way. Or you might see if anyone has a whole gun for sale in the classefieds section because sometimes you can get a whole gun cheaper than just parts and you'll only have to pay shipping once rather than on every single item that you buy.

That's about all the tips and tricks I have to offer.

:D:D:D

skittlesRgood
07-12-2003, 02:06 AM
very nice... thanx billybob. i havent even checked out this site yet. only found it last night. thanx again ill go looking at that stuff rite now.