PDA

View Full Version : how to remove the carrier?

Wickster
07-11-2003, 03:16 PM
What does everyone use to remove the carrier?
(I don't know what to use to get mine out)

Thanks

(Yes I tried a search before starting this thread, but couldn't find it in threads with hundreds of replies).

xen_100
07-11-2003, 03:25 PM
the easiest thing to use is the field strip screw. just kinda thread it in there a little and it will pull right out.

Wickster
07-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Thanks xen!

that worked :)

now if I can get the rest to work.....

silentdeath55
07-11-2003, 03:53 PM
I used some thing my parents gave me. It's supposed to be used to get peanuts out of a shell if they dont crack all the way. Probably some british invention(no offense) so they dont have to touch "that awful shell!". I dont think anyone in my family has ever used this "tool" for that pourpose. It had a small hook on it so I figured it would work. Now it has a permanent place in my paintball bag.

Wickster
07-11-2003, 04:00 PM
uh, oh.

I have the carrier out and find that there is no black back-up (backing) washer in the bottom of the power tube. The instructions say to put it in, but I have no black one. I have a white plastic o-ring that seems to be that size, but it is certaqinly not a black flexible o-ring like pictured on the lx diagrams. Is the white one a replacement that is ok to use, or am I missing a part?

Thanks

cky shane
07-11-2003, 05:26 PM
The black o-ring pictured comes on the carrier already. It belongs on the center groove on the carrier and the only time you should have to remove it is if you somehow ruin one and need to switch or if you're cleaning it.

xen_100
07-11-2003, 05:52 PM
that not what he is talking about. that is the outer carrier o-ring. he is talking about the backing washer.

to answer your question. yes the white plastic flat washer is the backing washer. sometimes they are black, sometimes white.

Wickster
07-11-2003, 06:19 PM
Thanks again xen!:)

I put it in and it seems to work better now. I will know better when I run paint through it.

Thanks.