PDA

View Full Version : A favor from AO

Load SM5
07-11-2003, 09:55 PM
There is a good thread going on PBNation about mags and I want us to just observe it and stay away. AO has a habit of rushing to defend AGD and the thread eventually turns into petty arguments. Let's let this one run it's course without AO and see what the rest of the "world" thinks.

Thanks.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=271730

robertjuric
07-11-2003, 10:02 PM
lol let the "others" argue amongst themselves

LawFox32
07-11-2003, 10:28 PM
good call load, its stupid to run in and argue, people are too stubborn, just live with it

SpecialBlend2786
07-11-2003, 10:39 PM
"Id never own a mag just because the people out on AO are less like a forum and more like a ****ing cult. "
~ PBallCentral_Player

haha wow. I didn't realyze that we're like a cult
:rolleyes: lol.

Tron
07-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by SpecialBlend2786
"Id never own a mag just because the people out on AO are less like a forum and more like a ****ing cult. "
~ PBallCentral_Player

You should it's quite obvious.

-Tron

SG Avenger
07-11-2003, 10:40 PM

What? you didnt get your brown cloak and learn the secret handshake?... GUARDS!

Load SM5
07-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by LawFox32
good call load, its stupid to run in and argue, people are too stubborn, just live with it

Well I know what AO thinks about mags, I just want to see what everyone else really thinks, without our 2 cents. i want to see if opinions are changing.

snoogans
07-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Lol i can see it now:

PBNFAN: "I hate mags sooo much!"
Pbnfan2: "Well I hate them more #%$#%!!!"
PBNFAN: "NO I DO YOU *curse word*!"

lmao, i crack myself up:D ;)

Skoad
07-11-2003, 11:38 PM
other forums bash markers, ours discusses them.

I gave up on pbnation a while ago.

snoogans
07-11-2003, 11:40 PM
me too, horrrrible moderators and crappy forums...i rest my case

SlipknotX556
07-12-2003, 12:01 AM
I dont think peoples views on mags have changed, I really think the only way to change peoples views is to have them actually try a mag.

Speaking of trying mags, Load you better be at the Cup this year, so I can try your SFL...........

Also I want my taco bell money ;)

Miscue
07-12-2003, 12:09 AM
The same people that criticize mags are the same people that would jump on the bandwagon if everyone used them.

They don't know how to evaluate a marker as being good or bad... and go by what they have heard.

The last time someone told me my mag sucked... I handed it to him and told him to show me what was wrong with it. He refused and gave it back.

A cult huh... :p

SlipknotX556
07-12-2003, 12:11 AM
lol, I just saw the cult comment.

I really never thought of AO as a cult, but I guess when everyone here tries to defend mags on PBN, it can seem like a cult.

Well since everyone on PBN thinks we are a cult, I think we should make it offical :)

breg
07-12-2003, 12:25 AM
Wow, we are a ----ing cult. Well, then I guess you guys better fill me in on the plans for world donination. Do we run the government?

I think that this could be interesting. I'll have to keep tabs on that thread.

Oringally posted by Skoad, other forums bash markers, ours discusses them.

How true. We're the official Automags forum, but there is a dedicated Angel sub-forum, we have countlass Cocker, Timmy, Matrix, etc. threads. And no one cares. Try that at PBN. Like I said eariler, I'll just stay away from PBN all together.

e mag
07-12-2003, 12:28 AM
there are a few people here that try to bash mags. it seems silly to go to a forum for a specific thing if you don't like it though, guess they have nothing better to do.

RTGuy86
07-12-2003, 12:34 AM
okay now that i see we are a cult i need to go buy myself a white hood and go around burning cockers. i will name it AOK
Automag Owners Klan:D
seems interesting though. i think i will watch it and see what devolops. thanks load.

oh and also when i go to my local field and see someone not shooting a mag can i attack them and beat some sense into them? j/w

pito189
07-12-2003, 01:21 AM
The PBallCentral_Player seems a little insecure himself. Taking shots at AO, AGD Lions, and TK too.

Any takers on a bet saying he isn't older than 15?

wes
07-12-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by breg
Wow, we are a ----ing cult.

WTF! i havnt gotten any yet!

:rolleyes:

Grasshopper
07-12-2003, 01:34 AM
Anyone want some Kool-Aid?

GT
07-12-2003, 01:41 AM
Honestly I think what speeks volumes about our forum is our members. Infact lets list a few.

TK
Bill Mills
Doc Nickel
Punisher
all the Lions, DUH
all the kick ace AGD techs:D , Like Brad Nestle, which if I am not mistaken is a dam good cocker tech yet owns 2 mags? hmmm....

EDIT: adding some more folks
TAG
Bea Youngs
Rocky Cagnoni (I was there when he signed up)
Josh from PB2X
Tom Cole from Bad Company
Manny Francia (formerly of Aftershock)

Who else can you guys think of?

jb

ratmonkey
07-12-2003, 01:56 AM
what i want to know is why people complain about marker weight so much. try carrying around an m-1 for a while. it'll make a spyder compact with a 36oz bottle seem light.

Dayspring
07-12-2003, 01:56 AM
Bea Youngs
Rocky Cagnoni (I was there when he signed up)
Josh from PB2X
Tom Cole from Bad Company
Manny Francia (formerly of Aftershock)

wobbles82
07-12-2003, 02:08 AM
If you look at the cd that comes with a Level Ten kit you will see that the side containing the data has a secret map on how to breech the Pentagon so we can sacrifice some Cockers....yea...thats cult like, and thats not AO like. :D Anyway, I used to be PBner, and I hated it. Its all bandwagon boys, and while some of them are my friends it makes me mad that once again ,Igorance shall always rule. Notice Central Player or whatever has a Trix in his sig...I mean..who called it huh? Member the post where I said the Trix is becoming the official new bandwagon marker :p. (Oh and my RTPX with ULE is prolly lighter than his HALO, jp, heh.):D :D :D

breg
07-12-2003, 02:08 AM
OMG!!!!
I just read Army's post on the PBN thread. I could hardly contain myself. That was so funny.

And some one on that thread saids something about efficiency (sp?). I've never ran out of air while playing. Maybe because I make it a point to fill up after ever game. But, I would think that filling up after every game would be good partice for anyone who wasn't want one more thng to worry about.

GT
07-12-2003, 02:13 AM
And some one on that thread saids something about efficiency (sp?).

I did,
If you like to play paintball instead of running to and from the fill station after every game.

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
07-12-2003, 02:40 AM
All I can say is the first gun that I got to play with was a 'Mag I borrowed from my brother in law and the last one I'll own is the 'Mag in my sig or the E/X-mag that I desire! Long live AGD.

breg
07-12-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi

I did,
If you like to play paintball instead of running to and from the fill station after every game.

I guess that the fill statiions are organized well enough, that or I get shot out early enough to fill up. Or, the truth be told, there is a good wait between games.

shartley
07-12-2003, 06:03 AM
Yes AO has some “big names” (relatively speaking) as members… but most of those people are not regular posters.

And I would be willing to bet that most of those same people are ALSO members at other forums as well, so I guess those other forums could claim to be better by listing their names too? ;)

To me, what makes a difference is not what “names” you have as members, but the content of posts no matter who is making the post.

As for the other forum… LOL It just makes me smile. I hope AO members just let it go. Nothing anyone can say to them will matter. They already look like fools, why join them? ;)

punkcmonkiez
07-12-2003, 07:50 AM
the way i see it is you cant argue about guns period. its all about the personal feel for the marker and that is all. if somone doesnt like my mag thats good for them, they can go on playing with thier timmy or cocker or impulse and that doesnt bother me at all. so why should me having a mag bother them? its all about the player.

AO cult chant(monty python:holy grail monk chant)
-Pie Iesu domine, dona eis GO TOM KAYE!

fire1811
07-12-2003, 08:12 AM
the reason i dont post in these "mag bashing" threads is
I know my mag is the best marker I could own, and I know its the most reliable marker I could own, so who cares what some trend hopping wannabe baller thinks.

people who use mags/own mags know what they have that should be good enough.

FreakBaller12
07-12-2003, 09:14 AM
ON WITH THE CULT!!!

army trully told them what mags are about and not one person commented him

they don't have proof that "mags suck"

GT
07-12-2003, 10:18 AM

I guess that the fill statiions are organized well enough, that or I get shot out early enough to fill up. Or, the truth be told, there is a good wait between games.

Well that came off alittle smart on my part.

Usually we play more than one game when we hit the field. You run one game a switch sides. No time for a fill. Plus higher eff. gun the smaller the tank that is nedd which = Lighter setup.

jb

breg
07-12-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi

Well that came off alittle smart on my part.

jb

Don't worry about it. I was not taking it like you were being smart. If you would have worked in E=MC2, then I would have though that you were being smart.:D :D

Breg

breg
07-12-2003, 10:36 AM
Did you see the reply on page two to Army's Reply?

you have spent all the time creating expensive plumbing? And i dont believe the warp feed is the fastest loader. OMG look at the pipe i spent $1400 woopity fricken do

You know there are folks who still don't believe that the world is round. I think we call them names.

This response is a shining example of why I resfuse to post on PBN. Just plain ignorant people. Not all of them, I saw quite a few intelligent replies. I just think I'm a little too ratteled.

GT
07-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Not all of them, I saw quite a few intelligent replies.

I think pbn can only grow as a group if we continue to post.

jb

nt2004
07-12-2003, 11:49 AM
sorry guys. I just had to say something