PDA

View Full Version : Exp Cham. or Reg for Mag?

The Ralpst
07-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Alright, here's the deal. I ordered a new Classic Mag a while ago and I finally (four seperate shipments later) have all of the parts! I ordered an ACI 6-stage Expansion Chamber and for some reason (lucky me!) got a DYE inline reg with it for FREE! So my problem is this: I live in an area with no source for HPA, so I have to use CO2. Obviously, keeping the marker from running liquid is my number one priority as Mags hate liquid. I don't know a huge amount about regulators so I was wondering if regulators help keep liquid out of the gun at all, or if I should pass up on the regulator and just use the exp. chamber instead? I am also using a remote coil in this setup, so there is a little bit of help from that. Thanks for any help in advance.

yurchikcs
07-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Regs typically do a better job. I ran an ACI 6 stage before I got HPA, and now that I have another classic I built one into a devoted CO2 gun using a Palmer Stabalizer. IMHO, the stabalizer reg works better then the expansion chamber by far.

Cryer
07-12-2003, 11:03 PM
If you don't have the option of HPA, you definately want a Palmer's stabilizer

i_baked_cookies
07-13-2003, 09:49 PM
regs are not the greatest things to put on mags... and they dont necessarily do to well with co2 either, or at least from my experiences... i would say go with the aci 6stage, which is probably the best xchamber out there otherwise, go with a gas thru (check out the cp mini, they are tight). but in ur case with the c02, go with the xchamber.

bleachit
07-13-2003, 10:08 PM
I would suggest selling the x chamber and the reg and get a palmer stabilizer reg. I have one on my mag and it works great.

nuclear zombie
07-14-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by bleachit
I would suggest selling the x chamber and the reg and get a palmer stabilizer reg. I have one on my mag and it works great.

I second that .

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
07-14-2003, 05:18 AM
.........or run the co2 through the expansion chamber first to make sure that you have only gas going to the gun and then run the co2 to the reg. Then you will have a dual reg setup and will make your shots more consistent. Of course then again my expansion chamber is on my back next to my tank and then it goes through my coiled remote. Did I ever say that I have no problems with CO2? :D

sneakyhacker420
07-14-2003, 10:06 AM
get an x-chamber (aci 6-stage) and screw that into your vert adapter, then get a palmer stabalizer to go on the side of your valve

dual setup... absolutely NO co2 will ever touch your valve... worked for my first mag... damn well too :D

The Ralpst
07-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Right now I've got the ACI 6-stage hooked up vertically running to bottom line, running to a remote. Once I get enough cash I'll look at that Palmer (they're about $100 aren't they?) and see what I can do. I'm going off to college in a bigger city, so Nitro might finally be an option in the near future, so I'll see how it goes.

kapaintballman
07-15-2003, 06:06 PM
I reccomend an anti siphon tank, with the reg. thats the cheaper then a palmer stabalizer, and its kinda hard 2 double regulate, u have 2 get everything set up right, i have my old tippmann setup like that. but anyways, i reccomend an anti siphon, and reg, but definitly not palmer stabalizer, and expansion chamber, cus then u mid as well jus have an expansion chamber. and a remote will work 2

bleachit
07-15-2003, 07:12 PM
all I have is a palmer stabilizer, I dont have a remote or even an anti sipon tank. my mag works great, just as long as I dont shoot as fast as I can for 30 seconds or more.