PDA

View Full Version : ULE xvalve problem...please help

MrNasty
07-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Alright, I have the ULE body with the X-Valve and Lvl 10 but it wont shoot or stop leaking when I gas it up. I have been through every carrier and spring and I cant seem to get it to stop or keep shooting. would you guys that use the same setup help me out and tell me how to set the valve up to make it shoot....thanks

BlackVCG
07-12-2003, 12:33 PM
First of all, you need to figure out where the leak is coming from. It might be the on/off assembly or one of the bleed holes.

Setup up your Level 10 with a really tight o-ring setup so that you know that will not leak. Visually inspect the o-ring to make sure it's in good shape. Make sure your backing washer is in the valve and press in the carrier/o-ring with the o-ring pointed away from you. Also, make sure the black o-ring around the carrier is in good shape. Now, do NOT put any shims in. Just screw the PT tip on and gas up the gun.

If it's still leaking, make sure the velocity is high enough that the gun will fire. With the gun leaking, pull and hold the trigger. You might here a small leak for a couple seconds and then the gun should stop leaking (if the leak is coming from the front half of the gun). If it does this, you need to make sure that the on/off center o-ring and bottom o-ring are good. Once you push the pin up to seal on the top o-ring, those o-rings are no longer sealing air, so you have to make sure they aren't leaking. The only other two options are the LX o-ring and the black carrier o-ring. If the fit is tight enough, you'll need to go to a new o-ring.