PDA

View Full Version : how about a contest for us west coat peps?!

mag-hatter
07-12-2003, 01:10 PM
lol

all of these "find tom" and "bring a banner" contests are mainly for people on the east coast POO! can you make one for west coasters?

DiRTyBuNNy
07-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Umm...dude..you're really late to the party...you didn't already know that the west coast gets no love...I've been doing this a lot longer than you have...you should have showed up at the scenario game with Tom last fall...that will probably have been your only chance for a long time...unless we can get a definite commitment of 100 people to an AO-Day (So)Cali...

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
07-12-2003, 01:52 PM
When and Where? I am going to do some work in So Cal later this year.

abaez
07-12-2003, 02:18 PM
SO Cal Meet (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83590)

fire1811
07-12-2003, 02:29 PM
you have nice weather and no winter
no prizes for you!!!

:D

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
07-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Bummer, that's so close to where I'll be working (Yucaipa). But I don't think that I'll be down there yet. We'll see..............

DiRTyBuNNy
07-12-2003, 02:32 PM
yes, Fire1811, we do have nice weather and no winter...and we also have property and sales taxes that would make you cry...that and the fact that average price of a home in my area is $440k.

SG Avenger
07-12-2003, 06:36 PM
I'm moving back to So Cal in late August... just in time to MISS the meetup.. which sucks.

I've noticed most stories and games/tournaments being talked about here take place East of the Mississippi.. hmph.

Curly
07-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
that and the fact that average price of a home in my area is $440k.

Yeah its amazing. Houses in our area are averaging like 650k+, 10 years ago it was around 270k. Gas is also very expensive here compared to the midwest and south.

WarBUCKs
07-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Plus in California, we have Governor Grey Davis. Blech.

Plus people want to take the money out of my pocket and give to the homeless here all the time. Geez.

We do have good old Arnold Schwarzanegger though, who will probably be out next California Governor. Hopefully all speeches will end with, "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women."

spydervenom
07-12-2003, 07:31 PM
but NY has high taxes, too many standardized tests for school which mean nothing, winter, bad weather AND a border to canada :p

DiRTyBuNNy
07-13-2003, 12:07 AM
Spyder...which would you rather have....a border with Mexico or Canada...if you'd rather have Mexico I'm sure California would love to trade you..

kosmo
07-13-2003, 02:21 AM
You think youve got it bad in Cali?? Man, when are us soldiers gonna get some support. How bout an Iraq or Korea meet some time for cryin out loud?

heftylefty
07-13-2003, 03:31 AM
or how about we have an AO Meet in the great northwest! last time blazestorm tried to set up one and only 3 people showed up:( :( :( there is barely anyone in the northwest that owns a mag. i only know a couple people that do. everyone around here is obsessed with those crazy cockers. o well, it doesnt look like there will be and "Official" AO Meet around here anytime soon.

200th post! Booyah!

WarBUCKs
07-13-2003, 04:19 AM
I have a fight that can end this all... We in California need free stuff cuz we are 38 billion in debt, thanks to some of those Enron people and how our great Governor handled the electric problems.

38 billion in debt... I think the statistics say that the top debted states (about 24 or something) don't even make up 38 billion in debt. New York being one of those states.

I will welcome New York to the new "non-smoking" law. You are now patrolled by the Smoking Gestapo! WOOT

We here in California need some AO and AGD East Coast Lovin'

you can paypal me here: war_bucks@hotmail.com

ha ha!!!

Star_Base_CGI
07-13-2003, 07:58 AM
First of all, I say Tax, IT regulate IT and force everyone to buy a lisecense to sell it.

Baltimore is 1 Billion in debt. Living in all this debt makes it hard to live free.

I belive the accumulated debt is stealing our liberty.

Anyway, California is leading the nation, in crime, gun laws and debt.

Calfifornia leads the nation....

Pray for our country.

FalconGuy016
07-13-2003, 08:23 AM
Id rather live in CA than VA... dont let your good weather get to your heads, cherish it

xrancid_milkx
07-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Not only do we Californians have to deal with Gray Davis, but we have the most anti-fun laws in the country.

Thank you California, for banning anything and everything that pleases the majority of the state.

As for our new govener, I think we should put good old Arnold and Davis in boxing match, the winner taking the new position. But the match has to last 30 rounds... with or without Davis err I mean the losing "person" conscience...:D

Automaggin2
07-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Cry me a freakin river. Your talking about the midwest. Not east coast. California had the most premier paintball events back in the 90's, and wsa the hot spot to be for paintballing. We were lest stranded on the east coast. the only big event here was World Cup, now we have NPPL and IAO. But when i first started playing, every company was in cali, all the big events, all the good stuff.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-13-2003, 04:59 PM
All the companies still are here in Cali...Dye, KAPP, WGP, JT, Bob Long, ACI...it's just the fact that we get no AGD love out here...Tom has the most to gain by coming to California...why go spend time at a place where they already love you instead of spending time at a place where everyone loathes you and you have the greatest chance of gaining a larger market share....

spydervenom
07-13-2003, 06:52 PM
Spyder...which would you rather have....a border with Mexico or Canada...if you'd rather have Mexico I'm sure California would love to trade you..

tacos > french fries + gravy

FalconGuy016
07-13-2003, 07:10 PM
I bet I could beat you out on anti fun laws

Legendary Fairfax county right here

spacedtedybear
07-13-2003, 07:52 PM
From my experiences, I think the Bay Area is really Mag friendly. Especially when I read about comments people get from other states.

Id rather live in CA than VA... dont let your good weather get to your heads, cherish it

Well we do have our occasional heat waves. But then again, we don't have the humidity, thunderstorms, snow..... err I think I'll stop now.

Major Ho
07-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by mag-hatter
lol

all of these "find tom" and "bring a banner" contests are mainly for people on the east coast POO! can you make one for west coasters?
Why dont you calm down and take a look at a US map. Where did that one dude find Tom, wisconsin or something?

Cry me a freakin river. Your talking about the midwest. Not east coast. California had the most premier paintball events back in the 90's, and wsa the hot spot to be for paintballing. We were lest stranded on the east coast. the only big event here was World Cup, now we have NPPL and IAO. But when i first started playing, every company was in cali, all the big events, all the good stuff.

All the companies still are here in Cali...Dye, KAPP, WGP, JT, Bob Long, ACI...it's just the fact that we get no AGD love out here...Tom has the most to gain by coming to California...why go spend time at a place where they already love you instead of spending time at a place where everyone loathes you and you have the greatest chance of gaining a larger market share....
Ignorance is not bliss...

DiRTyBuNNy
07-13-2003, 10:10 PM
mind explaining to me what you meant by that comment?

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
07-14-2003, 11:38 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA Good one Dirty! I'd have to agree with ya!

WarBUCKs
07-14-2003, 02:38 PM
I actually like California though... wouldn't want to live anywhere else... I have lived in foreign countries as well and I will stick with the west coast of the good ol' US.

FalconGuy016
07-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by spacedtedybear
From my experiences, I think the Bay Area is really Mag friendly. Especially when I read about comments people get from other states.

Well we do have our occasional heat waves. But then again, we don't have the humidity, thunderstorms, snow..... err I think I'll stop now.

Humidity is the biggest thing. Heat is nothing compared to heat with humidity. It makes it absolutly miserable (this year thats all we seem to be getting is humidity)