PDA

View Full Version : New Gun Coming out from Off the Break

Ov3rmind
07-12-2003, 02:39 PM
http://www.offthebreak.com/advent.jpg

Originally Posted on IOG by joshuagore
Its not a sear tripper, or a spool valve, and the hammer is not connected to the bolt. Its light, 1.5 lbs without barrel.
This sounds like it has potential, and I like the way it looks so far (reminds me of the Nerve). Most importantly, by his description it also sounds like a new internal design (maybe similar to the Excalibur?).

RRfireblade
07-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Not enough info to speculate so I won't.

Looks like an Imp as I would expect from OTB.

Christmas '03

From OTB? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.......

They could mean 2103 I guess.

Jay.

Ov3rmind
07-12-2003, 02:54 PM
I don't really see how it looks like an Imp, and by their description it'll function different then an Imp (and Angels, Bushys, Vikings, etc.).

RRfireblade
07-12-2003, 03:06 PM
To me.....

It's looks like a single tube Imp.

Milled bottom section for board or soleniod, hammer assembly out the back w/ an inline bolt.Since OTB is Impulse oriented it would seems likly,and fit with the description.

Jay.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-12-2003, 03:27 PM
I can see the IMPY-ness

Ov3rmind
07-12-2003, 03:33 PM
RRFireblade, That's an aweful lot to assume.:D

However, if it did turn out like you suggested, I think the inline hammer and bolt would still make it shoot/perform differently. That's especially if they are not connected (leaves the door open for closed bolt operation).

Look at Smart Parts, they did some earlier Mag "upgrades". However the Shocker and the Impulse aren't exactly Mag Like guns.

RRfireblade
07-12-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
Not enough info to speculate so I won't.

But you probed.....

It looks fine.

Let's see a working proto and then lets talk.

Single tube alone would be neat, other than that all hammer/valve based guns function basically the same.Performance is usally based more on quality of the components and range of acceptable tolerances.

Jay.

Ov3rmind
07-12-2003, 03:53 PM

But you probed.....

It looks fine.

Let's see a working proto and then lets talk.

Single tube alone would be neat, other than that all hammer/valve based guns function basically the same.Performance is usally based more on quality of the components and range of acceptable tolerances.

Jay. I agree, we should probably wait until there is a working prototype out with some statistics before we go into this any further.

Still, not all hammer/valve based guns function/feel/perform basically the same. Compare the Angel to the AutoCocker, they are both very different markers that work around that concept. Just wait a little while and lets see how it turns out.

RRfireblade
07-12-2003, 04:01 PM

all hammer/valve based guns function basically the same.Performance is usally based more on quality of the components and range of acceptable tolerances.

"function" not feel/perform.

Angels and cockers basically "function" the same.

Hammer strike valve

soleniod/ram move bolt

air flows through and down barrel

Not neccesarily in that order.:)

'course there's more than one way to do it.

Jay.:D

Ov3rmind
07-12-2003, 04:21 PM
Well, if you put it that way, then all paintball guns function similarly. In some aspects, the hammerless Mag even shares a similar design to an Angel (even more so than a Cocker in some ways). I guess it's just where you want to draw the line in terms of an original design.

I'm just saying for this gun, since it's not going to be the exact same internal design as many others guns currently out (you know, the electropneumatic, stacked tubed, open bolt, ram-bolts: Timmy, Angel, Bushy, Impy, etc.), that maybe it's something to watch for.

Brak
07-12-2003, 05:44 PM
i dont care how it works, it looks pretty freakin sweet, and the gripframe is the coolest

Ov3rmind
07-12-2003, 05:52 PM
The 1.5 lbs without barrel will be sweet (if memory serves me right, the new 03 Shocker will be the only other electro to weigh this little). I'm thinking DYE UL Barrel, CP Gas Through, 03 Conquest, and an Empire Reloader. That setup would be so damn light, snapshooting would be a dream.:)

I still want to hear more though. The 90 degree frame was such a good idea, that's one of the other things that really turns me to this gun. And despite the fact that there's no ano yet (some gloss fades would look awesome), I love the way this gun looks (especially the sleek curves of the uppermost part of the body :eek: ).

Ok, I got some more info. There are 3 models that are estimated to run for $350 to $850 (nothing is set though).

Here is some more info:

Originally Posted by joshuagore on IOG
The three Models are the Advent, Advent S(shown) and the Advent GTS.

Here are the specs.

Advent-

- Integrated Delrin Internals
- Vert Frame
- iQ adjustable dwell, and maximum ROF
Your Fingers are the limit!
- Slim Line body Milling (2lbs. without barrel)
- Gladiator Inline Reg
- 2-piece barrel
- APS capable

Advent S-

- Vert Frame
- iQ - adjustable dwell, and maximum ROF
- Feather Weight body (1.5lbs. without barrel and regulator)
- Gladiator Inline Reg
- 2-peice barrel
- APS - Advanced Paint Sensing

Advent GTS-

- Vert Frame
- Low Force - Low impact bolt system
- iQ.lcd - adjustable dwell, ROF, APS, and Debounce
Live ROF and game timer
- Ultra Light body (1.3lbs. without barrel and regulator)
- Gladiator Inline Reg
- 7 Piece barrel system 4 backs 3 fronts
- APS - Advanced Paint Sensing

As far as milling goes the Advent will be a basic gun just enough milling to make it light. The Advent S is as is, Ov3rmind said it best as "elegant" It is very much Styled like a BMW, understated.
The advent GTS will be a bit more wild very much styled like the new Ferrari Enzo.

As far as how it works, It works well.
We have a good 4 monthes more in development befor we hit perfection.
If they turn out to perform well, I'd probably spring for an Advent S and put some money into a set of CP Barrels.

Animal Mother
07-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Their promo picture was taken on a bed liner..

Not a lot of faith here, lol.

fcpchop
07-12-2003, 10:39 PM
looks great to me

Surreal
07-12-2003, 11:15 PM
WOW, alot of flamers already. they've seen 1 unfinished pic of the gun, and they are jumping to conclusions. lol. i guess anything that's not a mag gets flamed over here.

it's going to be an open bolt electro, and the price range will be from 350 (Advent) to 850 (advent GTS). i personally would prefer the S model, right in between. i'm not really into LCD crap.

i can guarantee i'll be an owner of one of these in the somewhat near future, probably one of the first advent owners :) the gun seems promising, i really want to hear how it is on effeciency. they have macdev designing their lpr from what i hear, so that should be NICE.

guys, i'm just begging you, don't flame this gun yet. give it a chance to prove itself, then say whatever you want. giving a bad word on small companies that are fairly new on the scene really can hurt their business, but the more guns that are available, the more diverse our sport will grow. *sings* give peace a chance...

RRfireblade
07-12-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Surreal
WOW, alot of flamers already.

(looks around????)

Flames?

Hmm....

Jay.

kosmo
07-12-2003, 11:57 PM
They're promo picture was taken on a bed liner..

Wow, a bed liner. I guess it wont be as good as a spyder because their advertising isnt as flashy... Look at how AGD promotes their products. Do they suck?

SlipknotX556
07-12-2003, 11:57 PM
y0, that thing is the ugly.

poolshark5226
07-13-2003, 12:02 AM
Personally I think that this thing looks uber promising. OTB is a great company that puts out a great product, and any of you on the Impulse forums who know the story behing the OTB frame know that Joshua Gore has as much of a commitment to perfection as TK. Not only that, but their customer service rivals that of AGD...just ask espo

Ov3rmind
07-13-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
y0, that thing is the ugly. y0, strip off the ano and go back several development stages with your Timmy and it would be ugly too. Personally I like the way this looks, very streamlined and uncluttered milling (can't wait for final pics).

MattG
07-13-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
http://www.offthebreak.com/advent.jpg

This sounds like it has potential, and I like the way it looks so far (reminds me of the Nerve). Most importantly, by his description it also sounds like a new internal design (maybe similar to the Excalibur?).

http://www.theangelguy.com/speed/speedheaderGO.jpg

Cypres0099
07-13-2003, 06:44 AM
Mattg, that's just what I was about to say.;)

Potatoboy
07-13-2003, 07:32 AM
Hehehe

Crap, am I the only one that notices things like this:

http://www.pminetwork.com/images/EForce-STS-2K3.jpg

Animal Mother
07-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by kosmo

Wow, a bed liner. I guess it wont be as good as a spyder because their advertising isnt as flashy... Look at how AGD promotes their products. Do they suck?

Tom doesn't take pictures of the X-Mag on his bed, LOL

This is a "company" and their promo pictures is taken on a bed with no sheets? I mean come on... LOL

I'm flamming the picture and the company, not the gun, because.. I haven't shot one yet. geez.. prop the gun up with some plastic and lay down some canvas for the background and then take your promo shots. Not laying it on a bed liner. It tells me that this gun will come with a free jar of pickled pigs feet.

Clockwork_Orange
07-13-2003, 08:24 PM
I would love to see a vert frame similar to that on a mag...electro or mechanical, doesn't matter!

genericpaintbal
07-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Never assume anything.....

The Advent is not Impulse based at all. It is not the overdone hammer/valve design at all. It is completely new. Have you ever seen a hammer/valve assembly that could use a delrin hammer? Nah, didn't think so.

That "promo" picture. It isn't a promo picture are all Joshua basically wanted to get out a picture that complied all the information on to it. It was also done in a rush before they jetted off to IAO. So if you basing a company off a picture, do you base your musical tastes off the artists looks? Come on, people are just getting retarded.

Anyways, go check it out at IAO.

Ov3rmind
07-17-2003, 07:57 PM
There are pics of it in a link in the IAO thread stickied at the top. It looks light if that makes any sense.;)

No sKiLLz
07-17-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Surreal
they have macdev designing their lpr from what i hear, so that should be NICE.

Where? Doesn't look like much room up front (assuming that threaded thing protruding from under the barrel is where it would go).

Yecht. Ugly as hell. Is that the bolt in the back? What's holding it in? Is it going to smack people in the face like a cocker bolt?

Paint "sensing" sounds suspiciously like that Angel COPS crap that keeps getting balls chopped.

Have to admit, though, sounds like a hell of a bargain.

genericpaintbal
07-17-2003, 08:13 PM
The thing in the back takes out all the internals.... thats not the bolt. And still this is the first prototype.

And no company would put on a bad vision system, if it already doesn't work. Common sense.

Ov3rmind
07-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz

Where? Doesn't look like much room up front (assuming that threaded thing protruding from under the barrel is where it would go).

Yecht. Ugly as hell. Is that the bolt in the back? What's holding it in? Is it going to smack people in the face like a cocker bolt?

Paint "sensing" sounds suspiciously like that Angel COPS crap that keeps getting balls chopped.

Have to admit, though, sounds like a hell of a bargain.
The LPR will most likely be internal like an Angel.

It's an unanozided prototype, the final gun will look much better! Can some of you read?

I think the thing in the back is like the knob on the back of a Matrix, you can remove all of the internals in the top tube with it.

How the Hell can you know how the new eye works simply by it's name? Seriously, are you out to criticize it for no reason at all? All eyes sense paint.

We'll have to wait until it's out to see if it's a bargain. Nothing is final.

einhander619
07-17-2003, 08:58 PM
I like it, and I'm interested in buying one when they come out. I really dig the simple, smooth lines. OTB is a great paintball startup, and they've got huge potential. The fact that they're willing to try something different than a stacked tube hammer/bolt gun is awesome. I just realized it looks like a nerve got it on with an ir3!

Animal Mother
07-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by genericpaintbal
That "promo" picture. It isn't a promo picture are all Joshua basically wanted to get out a picture that complied all the information on to it. It was also done in a rush before they jetted off to IAO. So if you basing a company off a picture, do you base your musical tastes off the artists looks? Come on, people are just getting retarded.

Anyways, go check it out at IAO.

....swing and a miss.

To use your analogy-.. I'd bash the record label on the artists looks, not their music.

You see.. I bashed the company because of the picture, not the gun because I haven't shot one yet, sorta like I wouldn't bash the music until I heard it.

To make it simpler for you to understand..

Gun Company = Music label
Picture of Gun = Artists looks
Actual gun = The music itself.

I don't care if they were in a hurry, only a hill billy company would take a picture of their product on a bed with no sheets. And not a promo picture? It has their product and "Coming this christmas"

I call that a promo... And this is constructive criticism. I was part of the .com craze in silicon valley (anyone wanna buy some junk bonds?) so I know all about what make or breaks a new and upcoming company, and believe me it's little crap like this that shapes the future.

I'm sure the gun will run off of 4psi, shoot 93 and a half balls a second and has a bolt as gentle as a feather in case one were to misfeed.. thats great. It still doesn't change the fact that the company decided to show off their product on a bed with no sheets. LOL

genericpaintbal
07-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I guess you are right. They'll have much better pictures though, considering that's still a prototype body. At least they didn't give use a totally appealing photoshop/solid works design of the gun and then totally dissapoint when the gun is actually avaiable for viewing......shocker 03.

poolshark5226
07-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Guys I shot this gun yesterday at IAO....to sum up in one word. "ohmygodholycrapholycrapholycrap". Light as a feather, and soooooooooo easy to rip on. Fully cycling with air, it sounded like a mag with 200 psi in the tank left, a huffing sound. After just 3 weeks, I am VERY impressed by how far along the working model has gotten.
MSRP's for the Advent and Advent S are $500 and $650(I think, Im not totally positive on that one). Generic, if you don't want these prices up feel free to PM me and I'll edit my post.

Ov3rmind
07-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Sounds like it has a similar feel to the Matrix, only much lighter.

GatoLoco
07-19-2003, 01:37 PM
seems interesting, i am pondering how this works right now

heftylefty
07-19-2003, 02:07 PM
im my opinion, i think the marker looks very sweet. but it reminds me of the Nerve, dont you think so?

poolshark5226
07-19-2003, 02:19 PM
The feel is very different than a matrix IMO, other than the lack of kick and quietness. Although I've never tried a vert framed Trixie...