PDA

View Full Version : Played the Philly Flyers today!!

Mango
07-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Today I met up with 1stdeadeye at Paintball Invasion in south jersey (REALLY nice place!!!) and we pretty much had the speedball field to ourselves. That is, until, the Flyers showed up! It was thier rookie team and they were there to cap off the end of thier rookie training week. After some persuasion they agreed to let us (1stdeadeye, some really cool kids we met up with there and myself) play all 15 or so of the flyers on the speedball field. It was 6 vs 15 and these guys were all basically newbies. We did it purely for fun but it was still cool to say that we played the flyers. WB17 news was there earlier in the day to record them playing eachother, so keep an eye out for that.

**Forgot to add that I bunkered two of them and 1stdeadeye bunkered two also! LOL! And yes, of course we won the game. :P

Otherwise, it was a GREAT first day back into speedball and my X-mag worked flawlessly. 1stdeadeye had some ball detent issues but I think he has that squared away. He played a few games with NO detent at all and the X-mag still worked great!

Pictures of the game will be posted once the flyers press lady emails me the digital photos.

BTW: Are all hockey players canadian?? Most of these guys talked funny lmao!

1stdeadeye
07-12-2003, 03:44 PM
We rocked the Flyers. We eliminated all of them with only two eliminations on our team. We bunkered a ton of them too!:D One of them cursed Mango in a foreign language!:D We heard a lot of ehs and hosers!

Great day though! Mango and I both forgot our camera's, but the Flyers Promotion department lady was real cool! I can't wait to see those pictures!

We played a boat load of speedball! I was supposed to leave by 2:00 for a family function. We had such a great time that I kind of blew it off! (Hey with the wife down the shore, who is keeping tabs on me?;) )

The refs let us run the games anyway we wanted, so we played a couple 3 on 3s, 2 on 4s, and 4 on 5s before the flyers got there. We even got to meet 2 kids from wisconsin in NJ to visit family.

Now to the Flyers game: First Mango it was like 30 Flyers against just us!:D The Flyers Rookies were real cool to play with. At the break, 4 of them ran off the field into the woods? Mango called it to the Ref's attention and the Ref got them back on 5 minutes later. That was probably the Russian contingent of rookies. They thought they could do a Jeremy Salm on us. Mango and I pushe the right side leaving the 4 kids to cover the left. During the final bunkerings, we had some funny moments. Mango bunkers the back stand-uo and splits his pants. I bunker the center dorito and the button on my pants pops off (hey I always said I was fat :) ). I end up bunkering the last two Flyers with my pants around my ankles. Quite the funny sight or so I was told!

Any South Jersey AOers: We are playing there next Sunday! The place is vey empty, so we will most likely have it to ourselves. Come out and join us! It will be a blast!

wobbles82
07-12-2003, 03:49 PM
No invitation to Wobbles?!? HE LIVES 15 MINUTES AWAY! Haha Jp fellas, glad yas had a good time. Invasion used to be the teams home field...do they have compressed air systems now or what? :D

Thordic
07-12-2003, 03:51 PM
WOO HOO, man I need to bunker osme Flyers.

DIE CRYERS!!!

e mag
07-12-2003, 03:58 PM
well of course you beat them at paintball, but if you were playing hockey, it would be another story:p. once i get my emag back from agd i go there some sunday if i have time. its a little over an hour's drive but thats about the closest any field is.

1stdeadeye
07-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by wobbles82
No invitation to Wobbles?!? HE LIVES 15 MINUTES AWAY! Haha Jp fellas, glad yas had a good time. Invasion used to be the teams home field...do they have compressed air systems now or what? :D

Come out next Sunday then!

The compressed air is working. They had some fill issues in the AM, but we got 4500 PSI fills by the end of the day!

1stdeadeye
07-12-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
DIE CRYERS!!!

Funny you should say that. Mango and I left some horrid welts on them! Quite a few of them whined like *female dogs* about them!

Hey Mango,
Today we were the Broadstreet Bullies! X2: X-Mags United!

Mango
07-12-2003, 04:41 PM
HHAAAHHAHAHAAH!! Yeah man!! X-Mags United!!

Today was a blast scott, I am so glad you came or it would have totally sucked LOL! We need to get more AOer's down to this place, it could be our south jersey secret!! :) Pineys only! ;) :D

I wrote that first post really quick, thats why I forgot the broken pants.

Oh yeah, and they were all like 7 feet tall and 300 lbs and there were like 50 of them right Scott? LOL!

1stdeadeye
07-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
HHAAAHHAHAHAAH!! Yeah man!! X-Mags United!!

Today was a blast scott, I am so glad you came or it would have totally sucked LOL! We need to get more AOer's down to this place, it could be our south jersey secret!! :) Pineys only! ;) :D

Definitely!! Everybody come down next Sunday! It was a blast playing with you too Mango! The X-Mags definitely ruled the field!!!! We need AO to take over the field!

Oh yeah, and they were all like 7 feet tall and 300 lbs and there were like 50 of them right Scott? LOL!

Oh man there were 75 of them in full hockey gear. They were 8 feet tall and a ton each! The game was rough as they kept swinging their sticks at us at the same time they fired!:D

The footage of the Flyers playing will be on WB17 news at 10! Check it out!

MantisMag
07-12-2003, 08:43 PM
that's awesome guys. :D

now when you say next sunday we're talking... the 20th? i'll see if i can make it out there. :)

1stdeadeye
07-13-2003, 08:21 AM
Yes the 20th! We will get there at 10:00am and play as long as we want. If we decide to play into the evening, we can just use the inside field!

People going next week:

Spraying Mango
1stDeadeye +3
RickEZ10+1
Big-N-Slo

Who else? You never know who might be there!

Did anyone see the WB news last night? Were the Flyers on it? I missed it (was at a party).

1stdeadeye
07-13-2003, 05:34 PM
What?

No more comments?

Mango and I beat PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY PLAYERS!!! We were outnumbered 3 to 1! Granted they were only the Flyers;) , but where is the love?

FalconGuy016
07-13-2003, 06:06 PM
*love*

Good job :) Id love to play them

1stdeadeye
07-14-2003, 10:45 AM
Thanks!

Hey Mango,
Anything on those pictures from the Flyers yet?

We need to show AO our Domination of World Class Professional Athletes!

(Just no pants pictures please!;) )

la690
07-14-2003, 11:28 AM
LOL. good job guys and deffinitly a good story to tell people.
BTW. what kinda guns did the flyers use?

Big'n slo
07-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Yeah we need Pics!!

So far it looks like I'll be there this Sunday. Unless I'm to hungover to drive...:p

You guys have to take it easy on me, I've only played once in the past 6 yrs.

1stdeadeye
07-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Great Big-n-slo! Look forward to seeing you!

The Flyers were shooting Tippmann 98s.

Pictures hopefully will be here soon! Mango?

shartley
07-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Great Big-n-slo! Look forward to seeing you!

The Flyers were shooting Tippmann 98s.

Pictures hopefully will be here soon! Mango?
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hey, where are your pictures from yesterday? ;)

Mango
07-14-2003, 01:09 PM
The press lady has yet to email them to me!!! Neither of us had our cameras so she is the only one with them. Hopefully they will be sent soon.

Big'n slo
07-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Hey guys, just surfing around looking for pics and saw this (http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/default.asp?vFlash=6) Check out the poll!

They have pics of them playing!!

http://images.comcast-spectacor.com/flyers/slideShows/5889.JPG

1stdeadeye
07-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Here are some of the Flyers getting ready to play:
http://images.comcast-spectacor.com/flyers/slideShows/5889.JPG

http://images.comcast-spectacor.com/flyers/slideShows/5890.JPG

The press lady promised to email the pics to Mango. Stupid Late Flyers Promotions Lady!;)

Mango,
I am definetly bringing my digi-cam this weekend!:D

1stdeadeye
07-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Flyers Strength coach:

http://images.comcast-spectacor.com/flyers/slideShows/5891.JPG

aaron_mag
07-14-2003, 07:00 PM
You get to play next weekend as well!!!!:eek: Note to self. Must get summer beach house and let wife spend it at the shore. I'm grounded from paintball by the wife for awhile because I played twice in a month. Family time....bah! Like we aren't all miserable around each other whenever we try to do family things anyway!!!! :)

Give me your wife's email address. I'll email her and tell her that you went carousing with professional hockey players (along with hockey groupies) and get your weekend "priveleges" shut down real fast!!! :D

Get those pics up there and remember your camera next time. Sheesh.

1stdeadeye
07-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
You get to play next weekend as well!!!!:eek: Note to self. Must get summer beach house and let wife spend it at the shore. I'm grounded from paintball by the wife for awhile because I played twice in a month. Family time....bah! Like we aren't all miserable around each other whenever we try to do family things anyway!!!! :)

Work like a dog and eat like crap. Yeah life is peachy while she is away! ;)

Give me your wife's email address. I'll email her and tell her that you went carousing with professional hockey players (along with hockey groupies) and get your weekend "priveleges" shut down real fast!!! :D

Who do you think I called first and told to watch the news. Her response was Oh, that's nice dear. Jeesh! ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
07-14-2003, 11:11 PM
paintball is tops in the Flyers Poll so far with 51.8%...softball is in second at 20.5%

Stotic
07-15-2003, 12:33 AM
What Flyers poll?

DiRTyBuNNy
07-15-2003, 12:43 AM
go to philadelphiaflyers.com and you'll see the poll in the middle of the page...

aaron_mag
07-15-2003, 01:34 AM
What I don't understand is why running sprints is so far down the list? :D What genius put that up as one of the options?

Maybe Mango and 1de will get drafted for one day to assist the flyers on their paintball skills for an upcoming fan day. Stranger things have happened.:D

Big'n slo
07-19-2003, 10:00 AM
You guys still plannin on tommorow?

1stdeadeye
07-19-2003, 10:04 AM
Yes, be there!

I confirmed with Mango yesterday and my other guys will be there too! Show up Big'n Slo and I'll show you that fat old 1DE is really Fat'n slo!:D

Big'n slo
07-19-2003, 11:08 AM
I'll be there, you guys can de-noobify me.

:D:confused:

1stdeadeye
07-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Sweet. Look forward to meeting you. I'll show you fat'n slo!;)

No worry about noobs, I still play like one, I just happen to have an X-Mag!

Mango
07-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Yup! I'll be there! Wish we could get more AOer's. What about automaggin?

I'll bring my new Uber-camera too. :D

1stdeadeye
07-19-2003, 05:52 PM
AM2 is in Ohio college shopping this weekend.

Wobbles and MantisMag are going to try and make it!

Everyone else, let's go!!!!