PDA

View Full Version : First day out with the new mag! And a question...

AFRaven
07-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Well, today I spent the day out with a couple friends and my new mag. I must say, it was the most fun day of paintball I have ever had. For instance, in one game, I tagged 5 people (at least). Even better, we played some 2 on 2 games, which were a lot of fun. In conclusion, this is the greatest marker I have ever owned (out of the 2 total :p ).

Unfortunately for my stupid, stupid 12v BE Viewloader, the feedneck snapped off, quite common ever since BE started making the hoppers out of garbage. Does anyone know if the VL company will send me a new shell for the hopper? The internals work fine, so that's all I need. That, and do any places still have old VL shells for sale? Ones that were made of the real plastic.

It was a good day for the mag, not for that stupid bull(feces) BE VL.

Bulldog
07-12-2003, 04:01 PM
When I use those, I break a shell a day.
You can buy these but it get's expensive.

http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-gun-loaders-and-accessories-loaders-viewloader-loaders-viewloader-x-board-replacement-shel.html

I'd recomend a different loader.
Glad to hear you liked the mag.

AFRaven
07-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Which loaders would you recommend that are of reasonable price and perform similarly to the 12v Revvy?

Skoad
07-12-2003, 05:19 PM
halo tsa or evolution

AFRaven
07-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Aren't the Eggos made by BE? Won't they break just the same?

Ov3rmind
07-12-2003, 05:27 PM
I just bought a Pre-BE Revy for $20.:) Gonna slap a Reloader kit in there and never let it go.

Otherwise, I'd really recommend trying a Halo TSA if you want something that feels and feeds like a Revy, only higher quality.

Bulldog
07-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Exactly. I just transfered my X-board internals into a Pre-BE revy I bought years ago. The thing is insanely light.

AFRaven
07-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Anyone know where I can buy pre-BE loader shells? I have all the working internals...

Ov3rmind
07-12-2003, 06:02 PM
I don't think you can buy Pre-BE shells new. If I were you, I'd just look around for people selling used Revys. They're becoming more scarce too, you might have to hunt for one for a while.

FalconGuy016
07-12-2003, 06:05 PM
Why not ricochet?

AFRaven
07-12-2003, 06:23 PM
I guess I could go Rico. I always thought that Ricos, Evos, and HALOs looked kinda odd on powerfeed bodies

S.S Bandit1
07-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Try ebay for older revolutions or sometimes you can find new PRE-BE shells. I bought some shells off there awhile ago and they were the Pre-BE ones.

The tsa is good hopper though if you’re looking for a different one. Also, the Evo II is really nice. It has a really durable shell. That’s what I am personally using right now.

I really wouldn't recommend the ricochet. It is a real light hopper and all, but it’s noisy and slow. I'm not saying it won’t get the job done, but I would take a revolution over it any day.

Bulldog
07-12-2003, 07:54 PM
I can't speak for all pre-BE shells, but mine would only fit a single 9volt in the case, and couldn't mount the board horizontally. I'm using and I feed on an angel, so I don't need either.

Do others have slots for two batteries? Ov3rmind?

Smokee_2_7
07-12-2003, 08:51 PM
Bulldog,

What you have/had is a 9-volt revolution. There are 2 types of revvies: 9-volt and 12-volt.

The Only difference between the 2 is the board, and paddle.

The 9-volt board has only one set of connecters, so it accomidates a single battery. The rest of the 'space' in the battery compartment is filled with a little peice of plastic. Additionally, the paddle on these has 2 short blades. All in all, they feed in the neighborhood of 10 bals per second (advertised.)

the 12-volt revy has a different circuit board, which accomidates 2 batteries. It takes the combined juice from the 2 9-volts (18-volts) and regulates it down to 12-volts. What they were getting at with this is maximizing the potential of the motor, increased battery life, and faster speed. With the newer board (x-boards) A slight bug in the programming was eliminated- - - a short delay between the actual moment when a jam was detected and the beginning of the paddle spinning. Finally, the 12-volts come stock with a 4 bladed paddle. Newer models have the tips of the blades upturned.

You can upgrade your 9-volt revvy simply by poping an x-board in there. It will then take 2 batteries and feed faster. I would reccomend loosing the 2-blade paddle and replacing it with one of the curved 8 blade ones. Total cost will usually run you around 20-25 dollars.

Carl

Carl

Bulldog
07-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Thanks Smokee. So if he buys a 12 Volt pre-BE shell he'll be ok.

After messing with it for the better part of a day this was my solution to the brittle shell:

You can see how I mounted the X board inside and vertical. Sorry for the crappy pics, but I think you can get the jist of it.

Tobe2be
07-12-2003, 09:56 PM
well i have a 9v revvy laing round that i can sell. but i recommend getting a eggy. even thought its made from the same crap the be revvys are made of the race way or the feedneck is made of a nice flexible plastic.i have a halo b eggy and that 9v revvy and i like the way the revvy feel its the lightest but its too slow for me. i reccomend a eggy over a halo but if your shooting that fast get a halo.

Mango
07-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Just buy a Halo TSA or a Halo B and be done with it. Just a suggestion.

AFRaven
07-12-2003, 10:13 PM
The Halo B is sounding more and more like a good idea, simply because it will be the last hopper I buy, most likely. I just need to find a cheap one somewhere, because money is an issue.

Skoad
07-13-2003, 02:01 AM
the evo's are nice, yes its BE but the shells are alot more durable. and if the feedneck breaks at all (which i haven't heard of yet) you can buy just the little clear plastic neck for like 5 bucks.

my friend knows the website, i'll have to ask him what it was

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
07-13-2003, 02:21 AM
I went from breaking a 12v revvy everytime I went out (snapping the feed neck everytime) to getting a Halo B. I haven't looked back since. Best loader I have ever owned.

NJPaint
07-13-2003, 08:25 AM
I have a set of pre-be black shells, but they are for a 9v, does anyone know if you can take out the plastic in the battery compartment so you can get the 2 9vs in there?