PDA

View Full Version : Shooting problem

lockandload
07-12-2003, 05:48 PM
I have a micromag..the one that can take autococker barrels. Im very new to paintball..but sometimes when i shoot...2 balls or even 3 shoot out the barrel. What could be the reason for that?? I have a smartparts 68 automag valve. If that helps any. Any help would be apreciated.

The Ralpst
07-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Well, one problem could be short-stroking the trigger. If you don't pull the trigger completely, more than one ball can feed and you can get the "shotgun effect" (which in and of itself is hilarious). Another possibility is your bore to caliber ratio. For instance, if you have a .69 barrel and .678 paint, there is a chance that the paintballs can just roll out of your barrel. A good way to test your match is to put a paintball in the barrel while it's off the marker. If it just rolls out, your paint is too small and you need larger paint. A good match should be when the paint stays in the barrel but can be blown out with the force of your lungs (from what I've experienced anyway). Other than that, considering there are no wire nubbins like normal Automag barrels, that's all I can think of. Hope it helps.

rehme
07-13-2003, 12:01 PM
you probably need a new detent

lockandload
07-13-2003, 04:38 PM
The paint stays in my barrel...it doesnt roll out..Rehme... whats a detent?? Sorry for my ignorance in advance

68magOwner
07-13-2003, 11:20 PM
the detent is what keeps the balls from double, and tripple feeding, take off the barrel, put o your hopper, and see if balls roll out of the hole where the barrel should go, if so, then your detent isnt doing its job and needs to be replaced

lockandload
07-14-2003, 01:22 PM
I tested the detent...and it worked fine. No paintballs rolled out. What else could it be?? Could the detent work fine sometimes...and not work others?? Or could it be the crappy field paint??

68magOwner
07-14-2003, 01:37 PM
it could be the feild paint, if its really small bore, but i also had a detent that would work off and on, i had to use jb-weld to really stick it in place so it would work all the time

lockandload
07-14-2003, 02:06 PM
Whats JB weld?...and where could i get that. And where do i put it on the detent?