PDA

View Full Version : intellifeeding an evolution

Ed_Shevy
07-12-2003, 08:35 PM
hey
I am in debate on wether to get a 12vlt rev or an evolution.
Wichever one I get, I am going to intellifeed. I know how to intellifeed a rev(that tutorial kicks a55) But I was wondering how much more dificult it would be to intellifeed an evolution. thanks for your help.
Ed

BajaBoy
07-12-2003, 11:45 PM
im sure the last thing you want to do is intell feed an egg.

ZyperioN
07-13-2003, 08:30 AM
and why would that be? Please explain BajaBoy

68magOwner
07-14-2003, 06:59 PM
ive heard that intelefeeding a egg is hard to do, and slows down the hopper, go for the revvy if you want to intelefeed

robertjuric
07-14-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by ZyperioN
and why would that be? Please explain BajaBoy

I can explain. Revolutions are agitated loaders. Which means that they kind of shake up the balls for you so they dont get jammed. They use an eye system to see a break in the paint, and when they do, it agitates the balls. The evoltion, is a force feed hopper. Which means it actually pushes the balls down into the feed neck instead of just shaking them up. So it doesnt need to see a break in the paint b/c it constantly(dont quote me on this im not positive) pushes the balls into the feed neck.

ZyperioN
07-14-2003, 09:51 PM
actually it does need to see the gap in the paint to push the next ball in. it works just like a Rev but instead of agitating it literally throws the balls into the feedneck, if you could intellifeed it, it would be have an even faster reaction time because it would be pushing the next ball in as the trigger is pulled, not waiting until the gap appears.

BajaBoy
07-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by robertjuric

I can explain. Revolutions are agitated loaders. Which means that they kind of shake up the balls for you so they dont get jammed. They use an eye system to see a break in the paint, and when they do, it agitates the balls. The evoltion, is a force feed hopper. Which means it actually pushes the balls down into the feed neck instead of just shaking them up. So it doesnt need to see a break in the paint b/c it constantly(dont quote me on this im not positive) pushes the balls into the feed neck.

thanx for taking over, i just saw that they wanted me to explain but you got to first

Also, about intell feeding an egg.. ZyperioN i have to disagree about it being faster. If anything it would be slower because Number one it will feed for the time you have the trigger pulled and say thats only a 10th of a second it might not feed much at all, as in maybe not a full ball. Also what happens if you were to hold the trigger down? it would resort in either a burnt out motor or a big Mess of paint depending on the power on an egg

ZyperioN
07-15-2003, 09:54 AM
Nope your wrong, if we were talking about a Halo then you would be correct but in the EvoII the impeller would just spin, look inside an EvoII, it uses centrifical force to throw the next ball in, so if you held it down the impeller would just keep going around not doing any harm at all. The only problem would be not holding the tigger down enough to feed the next ball, while very unlikely it is possible, so it could solved with a small timing circuit that would ensure every pull that it simulates the 1/17 of a second that is required for the impeller to rotate 60 degrees, or 1/6 of it's total rotation which would be enough to feed the next ball. But even with that small possiblility that you wouldnt hold down the trigger for the 1/17 of a second that it needs to feed the next ball you still would have the eye to back you up, as long as the intellifeed was done in the same manner as the Revy's, the eye in the feedneck will still function as is.

Catch22
07-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Ok actually the Evo II doesn't look for a gap like the revvy. Yes it has an eye in the same place but it works differently. The Egg looks for movement instead of waiting for a gap in between to eyes. This makes reaction time a little faster and the evolution doesn't stop loading until the motion stops. So really it wouldn't be adventageous (SP?) to intellifeed your hopper because it is already loading as soon as any one ball moves.

Nightstrike
07-31-2003, 12:13 PM
Bump, Lets quit the arguing and figure out how to do this.

zabbu
08-01-2003, 04:14 PM
ok, all i want here is an explanation as to WHY you feel the need to intellifeed an evo2? just get the Yboard and its fast as heck, no need to intellifeed.

Nightstrike
08-04-2003, 12:35 AM
because tinkerin is fun

Mega Man
08-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Egg 2 w/ Y board is all ready fast enough to keep up with most guns. If you wanna tinker then get the Revy.

mark_426
08-07-2003, 10:26 PM
if the egg eye detects movement, why does it keep spinning when its empty?

and i saw someone just took the board out, and wired the harness to the motor with the intellifeed being the only switch....

ill get links

edit

intellifed to angel (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91665&highlight=intellifeed+evo)

another (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61692&highlight=intellifeed+evo)

paintballbeaver
08-20-2003, 01:37 PM
basically due what the above guy says it works and will not screw w/ your stuff:)