PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Shells

MidnightRider
07-12-2003, 10:44 PM
Maybe I am going crazy/maybe not. More likely I am:D . But wasn't there a problem with a hopper not working properly with paint that had black shells? Nobody at my local field had any idea of any hopper having this problem. Got to thinking after I got home this afternoon that maybe it wasn't a hopper but some company's ACE system.

Could anybody help me. Please. Because If I am going crazy I better be seeing my doc to get some goooooooood meds.:p

Peace.

MR

McSweedish
07-12-2003, 10:44 PM
someone said they had a problem with a halo and black shelled paint

MidnightRider
07-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by McSweedish
someone said they had a problem with a halo and black shelled paint

That is what I was thinking too but one of the kids at the field was shooting a Halo with Gatorblack paint. Gatorblack is an all black shelled paint made by RPS. So it wasn't the halo he was using. Maybe an older halo?

BajaBoy
07-12-2003, 11:35 PM
halos will not work with black paint. Yes you can put the paint in and it will feed but also it Wont stop feeding.

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
07-12-2003, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I heard that halos had a problem detecting the moving paintballs that have a black shell. It's what makes me hesitate to buy one.

MidnightRider
07-12-2003, 11:55 PM
So I am not crazy. Drats!! No good meds for me.:(

Oh Well.

Peace.

MR

ratmonkey
07-13-2003, 02:17 AM
i've seen revvies do it too. most systems that use an eye won't detect the black shells. they continue to feed when they shouldn't