PDA

View Full Version : ULT short stroke question...

ZCute
07-13-2003, 01:34 AM
will it matter if you shortstroke if you have a lvl10? i dont really know how anything works.... :confused: ....does anybody know how hard it will be to install?

Dayspring
07-13-2003, 01:40 AM
NOBODY knows how it works. They are teaching it at the IAO Tech class though.

Kid_A
07-13-2003, 01:42 AM
Well as I understood it from what Tom said, the lvl 10 wont help you with short stroking the ULT since the problem is not going to be with the bolt chopping, but with a ball not being fired all the way and instead "chugged" onto the barrel. If the ball is far or loose enough for the next ball in the chamber to be fired by the lvl 10 without enough resistance to cause the lvl 10 to lose pressure, it'll meet the other ball, now lodged inside of the barrel, full speed. Sort of like double feeding. So...I don't think the lvl 10 will prevent this from happening. Just make sure you pull/release that trigger all that way

magman007
07-13-2003, 02:33 PM
its chuffed....

AcemanPB
07-13-2003, 07:21 PM
this chuffing can be done with any level mag. It's just it's easier to do with a lighter trigger.

I thought the ULT was just a smaller diameter on/off pin?

FalconGuy016
07-13-2003, 09:04 PM
The only thing it really could be is some part of the whole on/off assembly

Lol I remember starting a thread about making a trigger lighter by altering the on/off assembly, and literally 10 minutes later the first with ULE trigger in it was posted.

Jerhew
07-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
I thought the ULT was just a smaller diameter on/off pin?

yeah i think Tom said it was like .08" roughly the size of mechanical pencil lead

but there is also some sort of shim adjustment...
but no one has been allowed to see how it all works yet...

hopefully soon it'll be released...

i still need to find someone to do the milling on my 1 oring retro valve...
does anyone know anyone who's planning on doing this?