PDA

View Full Version : Great bunker move I saw today... (funny)

Jack & Coke
07-13-2003, 07:28 PM
I just got back from Tombstone Paintball Park (CA) where we had a private group game. It was run by a local pb store called Ultimate Paintball.

Anyways, I was reffing one of the games when I saw this completly crazy/funny bunker move.

This kid Romy shows up to the game a few minutes late and jumps in to play. (remember this was a private game, so it was all cool)

Since he was a few minutes late, he decided to play without his gun! So he put down his gun and grabbed an empty black pod someone just threw out.

The game was 20 vs 20 so there was a fair amount of paint flying through the air. He kept his cool and just practiced moving from bunker to bunker trying not to get hit.

After many eliminations, it ended up being 3 vs 5 (Romy was on the team with 5). I yelled "1 minute!!!" and then heard from their team:

"Romy! Run up there!"

"But I don't have a gun!!!"

"I don't care! Run!!!"

Then, through some heavy cover fire, Romy zig zags up the middle of the field covering 3/4 of the field.

He pops around the blind side of the first guy and yells "SURRENDER!!!" while pointing his pod as if it were a gun. LOL! The guy balled up and braced for the worst as he screamed "I'm out!". He was tensing up as he expected to take a couple point blank in the back.

After that, Romy runs up and bunkers the next guy (blind sided again) by sticking the pod in the guys low back yelling "SURRENDER!!!" The guy throws up has hands and gives up.

We were all laughing from the sidelines.

The last guy got shot by Romy's teammates.

Anyways, I thought I'd share this story with you guys... :)

The stunned look on those two guys faces, as they realized that they had just been bunkered by a 16 year old kid holding an empty paintball pod, was... PRICELESS :p

Have a great day!

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-13-2003, 07:36 PM
About 2 months ago we were playing and almost the same thing happened, except my friend made someone surrender with his squeegee :p lol good times...

LittlePaintballBoy
07-13-2003, 07:40 PM
your in CA? north or south?

SIGSays
07-13-2003, 07:47 PM
haha... when i was reading it.. i thought the kid would catch paint and like pour it onto the person .... it's really funny tho!

Jack & Coke
07-13-2003, 07:47 PM
socal!

Jack & Coke
07-13-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by SIGSays
haha... when i was reading it.. i thought the kid would catch paint and like pour it onto the person .... it's really funny tho!

LOL! No, he held the pod like a PGP. I guess if in a panic/surprize situation, you could fool them.

Since this was a "friendly" private game and not "tournament" mentality (i.e. spin and shoot 20 balls when you get bunkered in the back), the surrender option was used and respected more.

If people got bunkered on the blind side, they gave up to the "surrender". If the bunkering move was face to face, it was usually a one for one.

mR.HaAPPY
07-13-2003, 08:30 PM
basically the exact same thing happened at my friends house about 2 weeks ago, we were playing some "illegal ball" in the woods in his back yard, and some kid was there that didn't have a gun, so i lent him mine, and i just went in with my pgp.. anyway, after getting yelled at by his neighbor that lives somwehere back there and relocating and running out of c02 cartridges, me and about 4 other guys were pinned down by a couple of people across this little stream, so the kid who had my gun and i decided to move and try to flank them.. we got around to the left of the people who had us pinned earlier wihtout them knowing we moved.... i pulled out my "quickload tube" (it was one of those tubes that they give u when u buy a barrel) and told the kid to lay paint on the kids while i snuck around them... in doing this he took out 2, leaving 2. after some sneaking around in the bushes, i found my self directly behind the buker the 2 kids were in.. so i snuck up reeeaaaallll quiet like, and then smacked a ball on each of their backs while screaming like a mad man... the look in their faces were priceless...
mind u, we were all friends there and knew each other, so i wasn't afraid of getting lit up in the balls after trying this little stunt. we all had a good laugh.. fun stuff

just thought i'd share that.... cuz its kinda related to the subject

Python14
07-13-2003, 09:08 PM
I've gotten several surrenders with my finger pistol(s).

Catch22
07-13-2003, 10:55 PM
I have been a victim of a more useful bunker tactic. I was playin 3 on 3 and this will only work for 3 on 3 I think. Well we didn't dicuss our strategy about were we were going to go. So it figures that we all run out and nobody sweetspots. So one guy from the other team sprints straight towards me and bunkers me and another kid. We were all concentrating on running to our bunkers and I didn't even see him!

Alux
07-13-2003, 11:37 PM
Isnt Tombstone great? We should have a meet and greet there Jack :)

Albinonewt
07-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Yeah, some months ago my buddy and I bukered 6 little kids hiding behind one bunker (which we didn't know how many of the little tikes were back there) with nothing but sticks. They all threw their hands up and surrenered to us and our fearsome foliage!

1stdeadeye
07-14-2003, 01:15 PM
I had a funny bunker Saturday.

While bunkering the last two Philadelphia Flyers (shameless self hype), the button popped off of my pants. By the time I got past their bunker, my pants were at my ankles!:D I was wearing shorts underneath, but a jcokstrap and cup over the shorts. I think I looked a bit ridiculous.:)