PDA

View Full Version : Overkill?

Kellen_p8nt
07-13-2003, 08:36 PM
Well im home fianlly from my nice day of balling. Got to meet who i presume is SG Avenger today at the field. My mag is down since Im waiting on my X-valve to arrive. So I got to rent an old style angel(there selling it cheap might buy it...)

However, it was a successfull day for me. But I think im begining to get a reputation of being an a** at the field. I mean some of the guys I have much respect for dont seem to return that towards me but towards my friends.

The main thing is today, I was sitting on a bunker near the tape on a city. The guy next to me says he has someone pinned in the far back corner. So I ran up all the up 3 more bunkers to the end of the field and never saw the guy, turned around and saw he was in the shack two ahead of me... i shot him 4 times in the back all four busted...he was not happy with me. I justify shooting four because earlier I had shot someone 8 times from an even closer distance and nothing broke on him.

I just wanna know what you guys think of my attitude or style of play am I wrong?

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
07-13-2003, 08:43 PM
seems fine to me, i mean when bunkering most people shoot 3, so 4 to me isnt that big of a deal, and 8 not breaking is just crappy paint or bad luck.

SG Avenger
07-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Nah, I thought everyone behaved themselves today. It just sucks getting shot more than 1 time. Sure the reciever knows it broke once or twice [4 times] but the person shooting the marker may not have seen the hit(s).

And yeah that was me out there. I hope that one kid gets his mag up and going, it was pretty chewed up.

Kellen_p8nt
07-13-2003, 08:48 PM
I was shooting Nelson hot spot($34) not the best stuff in the world and the fills were white so pretty hard to notice them. Plus It appears to me that I shot the guys pack which would explain why they busted much easier...

Yea that poor kids gun, I think you replaced everything imaginable in that thing and it still didnot want to choot more than 3 at a time.

FalconGuy016
07-13-2003, 09:02 PM
Angels are rentals at your field?

SG Avenger
07-13-2003, 09:03 PM
I think that crap frame was partly responsible. It was really worn out, so its possible the sear assembley wasn't hitting the on/off just right. Because it would shoot.. but then it just wouldnt return the trigger proper.

SG Avenger
07-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Angels are rentals at your field?

I didn't know that until today either, which sucks, since I didnt get to play yesterday since my Lv10 was being as stubborn as a mule.

nt2004
07-13-2003, 09:10 PM
i have a bad habit of shooting three everytime

Meph
07-13-2003, 10:01 PM
It's what should be told at tournaments, beginning announcement.

"Guys, if you don't like getting hit more than 3 times.... go play Golf! It's a tournament, fast paced and a lot at stake. It's going to happen! So if you are about to complain about it, then you might as well leave now."

3, 4, 5 extra shots. Well to me I consider that actually justified. Why? Like you said. Shots bounce! They bounce, some curve, et cetera. You just can't trust one shot always. If you shoot and miss, you could've just blown the game!

So if somebody is shot 4 times and then complains about it, tell them that Curling is the sport for them.

But there is a thin line from justified..... to when it crosses into blatant overshooting. Like 8, 10 extra balls on the guy. Sorry but that's just too much. There is a point where you must accept getting over shot a bit. But at the same time there is a limit that players must have control over.

SG Avenger
07-13-2003, 10:06 PM
I actually kinda felt bad today. There was one guy, who was the last man on his team, and I swung arround on the low side to come up on his flank.

I started to shoot, but he started pulling some Agent Smith Matrix Moves on me, and I swear I must have shot at least 8-12 balls at him, finaly one connected and broke..

[grin] he sure was dancing.

Brak
07-13-2003, 11:19 PM
i get super pissed off when people hit me more than 3 or so times. but its just how the game goes. dont sweat it, you are just playing the game your style. you still arent as bad as my friend i play with who feels the need to shoot me 7 times in the hand when i was at point blank and he only needed to put one in my chest

trevorjk
07-13-2003, 11:39 PM
i was just playing friday night over at bfg paintball in germantown wisconsin and well i didnt have much paint left and "chappy" had the flag anyways there was 3 guys sitting in one bunker a house type bunker. so i told him i would run up just start blasting at them while the other 2 positioned to return flag. anyways i ran out i unloaded i dont know if i got anyone but the 3 of them unloaded on me. i thought i was only hit like 3 times but it turned out to be 10 times. i didnt care at all. i knew it was coming and i expected it. and this is only like 15 feet away. the part that did piss me off though is that 3 of the shots were targeted on my left testical! good thing the all missed be a combined 4 inches lol im so lucky

but seriously when some one is shooting fast do you really even feal the 2nd and 5th shot?

cuase i know i dont

elpimpo
07-14-2003, 01:30 AM
thats pretty gay that people get pissed about 3 shots. i mean after 10 you can get pissed but with how many people wipe these days ill shoot you till you come out. sure people will say stuff about you but i can guarantee that i get wiped on less than kids that put one in someone and turn to shoot a difrent way

Lohman446
07-14-2003, 05:56 AM
LOL - I was playing at Excalibur this Sunday and the blue team had just taken the fort, I walked up behind the ref, who looked and noticed I was red - he took a moment and said "you realize there all blue". Now I had about ten red players walking out ded between me and the blue guys, about twenty of them, I took a step to the side (in the open) and opened up. LOL - funniest thing you've ever seen, I had red players (dead), blue players, and a ref all running for cover. Do you know how much paint 20 startled people can lay down at one time.... did I mark some - oh yes,lots. But I was also probably hit 30 times as I tried to back away.

Albinonewt
07-14-2003, 07:32 AM
Yeah, 4 hits isn't a big deal. The problem is, because you got behind him and presumably pretty close(because you didn't see him) he probably thought you did it on purpose, and that's why he was pissed.

Too bad for him, next time shoot first.

SG Avenger
07-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Bah, the guy was wearing body armor anyhow. [grin]

cris8762
07-14-2003, 11:20 AM
ok here's my overshooting story-

yesterday, our team was at a tourney, we were doing well all day, and it loked like we were gonna make it into the finals.

Playing one of the teams that was in the top 3, and it's a 3 on 2 with my team being the two, myself and my teammate are doubled up in a standup can.

Both of us have to reload/squeegie at the same time and right as i finish reloading i come out and see a player coming around to bunker me (like 1 foot away) so i raise my gun and take 2-3 shots to at least get a mutual trade and keep my other guy in the game.

WELL, we both shot each other, but the other player proceeds to keep shooting and moving past my bunker.

Now, here's the worst part, i got TWO paintballs right in my crotch area at POINT BLANK range. I then proceeded to yell "ARGHH!!!" and hunch over.

As i'm hunching over alli hear is *whump,whump,whump,whump* and i proceed to get LIT UP 5-8 more times, AS i'm falling down in pain!

I got to lay there on the ground for a few minutes while the player that lit me up argued with the refs that he wasn't out (besides the 2 splotches of orange paint on his mask from ME) and that he got my other player......

So as it turns out, he was out AND BOTH of my team (myself and teammate) were out. This was a complete bullcrap call by the refs and it almost kept us outta the finals (played an excellent game later that day that saved us). So now i have 2 bruises on my unmentionables that are very uncomfortable, hurts to run/walk/jump, and about 4-5 bruises on my head, shoulders, stomach and legs.

The guy that shot me said he was trying to get my other player, but i HIT HIM IN THE MASK as he came around, and then he proceeds to shoot me as i'm falling down on the ground. I took his apology but if i ever see that guy playing i'm gonna bonus ball his *** to hell when i get the chance.

Moral of the story, WEAR SOMETHING AS PROTECTION!

snoogans
07-15-2003, 02:28 AM
i woulda shot twice, seeing that he had his back turned to u, then if they didn't break pop like 3 more towards him, just so he didn't have enuf time to turn around and shoot back.;)

Albinonewt
07-15-2003, 05:18 AM
Frankly, he's pretty lucky it was you and not me. I'm so used to jerks that don't call themselves out (see my cheaters thread) that I just shoot until the hands go up, but the INSTANT they go up I stop.