PDA

View Full Version : Foam paintballs

tony emerson
07-14-2003, 02:43 PM
So Has any one ever used foam paintballs for practice or at an event?? They sound like a good idea for home use. This is a link to a site that has them http://www.lazerball.com I would like some independant info. including acceptable fps.

68magOwner
07-14-2003, 03:44 PM
lol, i can see me chasing around my brother in my house, shooting him with "lazer balls", anyway, no i have never used them, but i had some really old marbs that were reusable, they just bounced no matter wha i hit, from point blan, if you ste up a towel, it will catch paint....i think, i only used the towel catch reuse system with the old marbs, but it should work with fresh paint, but you can test it, i dont want to make my mom mad with suprise tye die towels :D

Catch22
07-16-2003, 10:22 PM
Ummm I use a Highly sofistocated system. It is the towel hung over a big cardboard box. Oh and yes it works great. Under high ROF you must be careful because when you gunis so accurate like mine then the balls can't drop fast enough and you literally break a ball on another one.

silentdeath55
07-17-2003, 08:50 AM
I've seen rubber paintballs made by Rufus Dawg. I think they are available on www.xpaintball.com. That would hurt a lot.....

cgrieves
07-17-2003, 09:01 AM
The reusable foam balls do hurt..... a lot.

Animal Mother
07-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Wow that's really retarded!

Did you watch the video? Did they get sucked into Tron world?!?!

AkumA
07-17-2003, 10:37 PM
sure it'd be nice to play paintball in the house, or with airsoft players (with friends of course), but the reusables are soo expensive.

btw...BARREL PLUG!!

WickeDKlowN
07-18-2003, 01:31 AM
I have been meaning to get some of those.... Just crank the velocity down, and play some speedball in your house. So what if you break a few lamps? lol

Dryden
07-18-2003, 08:03 AM
Order direct from Rufus Dawg.

http://www.rufusdawg.com/Pages/Home-index.htm

The guys from Rufus were set up in the tradeshow tent at The Bash this year in Ohio, and were very nice and answered all of the questions my team had for them.

As far as the reusable foam target balls go, a few things to consider before purchase:

1) The Rufus Dawg T-balls are manufactured with the same imperfections as a real paintball. They're just slightly oblong with a razor thin seam, so their flight will mimic that of a real paintball and their velocity at exit of the barrel will be the same as with a real paintball. I can verify Rufus Dawg's claim that velocity with a T-Ball is +/- 3%.

2) The T-balls are sold in tubes of 50 or bulk containers of 400 with other accessories like a ball sizer and what Rufus has named "T-Ball Lube." If you don't have a multipiece barrel with changeable bore sleaves, buy the ball sizer. Any given tube of T-Balls could have minor imperfections in the range of .679 to .687, so presort the T-Balls by size before you shoot them.

3) To get started, buy the T-Ball Lube and a tube of 50 T-Balls. After sorting, put about 4 or 6 drops of T-Ball Lube directly into the 50 count tube and shake very hard to coat all the T-Balls. Feed through a spare, non-electric hopper ... got a VL200 on hand?

4) Don't buy their target system ... it's waaay overpriced for a mess of PVC tubes and elbows. Just get a 50 gallon plastic trash can and set it on end. Line the inside with as many beach towels as you can fit in it to stop the T-Balls in the can.

5) Wear your mask when shooting these!!! The T-Balls will bounce like mad if you miss the target and hit a hard surface.

All-in-all, their system is very good, and Rufus Dawg has some good products. The Marker Case (Hardcase) was why I even found them, and I've been very happy with that too.