PDA

View Full Version : Timmy with AIR

sneakyhacker420
07-14-2003, 04:55 PM
i dont know suqat about angel AIRs or timmys... would a Timmy run well using an Angel AIR system?

will it have consistent velocity?

is the pressure from the AIR consistent?

do i need a vert reg as well as the AIR?

any help would be appreciated

i am considering the angel AIR as an air system once i trade for the lasoya timmy that i have been wanting for a while

thanks
-sneaky :)

fire1811
07-14-2003, 05:01 PM
i personally was not impressed with the shot to shot consistancy of the angel air but thats just my opinion

Animal Mother
07-14-2003, 05:18 PM
The Angel AIR will work fine with your Timmy. They preform well like a lot of other tanks.

I have heard of issues with leaking and you need special tools to take one apart, but hey.. I like neat gadgets too, the Angel Air is pretty neat. I got the AGD Flatline tank, I love it! only problem is the cheap guages they put on them, but a few bucks and I got a nice set to replace them.

I have heard the leaking poblem with the Angel Air is when you flash fill it, and that is bad news on ANY tank. So when you fill it.. fill it SLOWLY, and pause and let the tank cool off.

Look into Center Flags tanks, they have a eal neat on/off thats a push button and bleeds the line when pressed. Those ae the best high end tanks I can think of, I have head good things about the macDev tanks but I have never used one.

sneakyhacker420
07-14-2003, 05:38 PM
i may end up getting a centerflag tank now that i've seen the the way that they have the sepereate fill nipple that goes into the tank rather than through the internals

not to mention that they make some great drops for the adjustable tanks tanks

i'll probably end up getting the hyperflow 201 adjustable regulator with a 45/45 fiber tank http://www.centerflagproducts.com/graphics/201.jpg

and the 3" centerflag drop and adapter http://www.centerflagproducts.com/graphics/Products/dropforward.gif

thanks animal mother for the advice on the centerflags

i find it a real big advatage to bleed your line wihout needing a slide check or pro-connect

Ryknow
07-14-2003, 06:03 PM
get the centerflag instead of the air. AIR's are cool looking, but face it. Why do you need an electronic reg? The Centerflag is a GREAT reg though. But if its a timmy it should come with a Torpedo reg, get a preset tank and save money. spend the money on a thumper ram, mythic trigger, barrel, PBK bolt, CP ram cap, black magic cup seal :). I run a preset 45/45 and get 800 or so shots out of a tank.

i like tictacs
07-14-2003, 08:07 PM
my angel air was freaking sweet.

when it worked.

sneakyhacker420
07-14-2003, 10:14 PM
i already have a PMI 68/4500, so i guess that should work just fine for now :)