PDA

View Full Version : Y GRIP BAD Z GRIP GOOD -- your thoughts on the matter

gam-e
07-14-2003, 05:21 PM
hey guys i just looked at the Y-grips on the AGD store and i have to say that they look ugly as hell and not near as comfortable as the z-grips. Anyone else out there think they should be slanted forward more?

or anyone else just flat out disagree...im used to the flames from my last thread here....*still smokin*

Dion

GT
07-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by gam-e
hey guys i just looked at the Y-grips on the AGD store and i have to say that they look ugly as hell and not near as comfortable as the z-grips. Anyone else out there think they should be slanted forward more?

or anyone else just flat out disagree...im used to the flames from my last thread here....*still smokin*

Dion

nope these are going to be perfect. I used an OTB on the ol' shocker this weekend. Good God it was sweet. my CC is about to get real hot here in a min.

jb

xrancid_milkx
07-14-2003, 06:46 PM
OMG, I had no idea these things were out. I'm getting one as ssoon as I get 20 more dollars.

Although I do have one nit-pick about it. It seems kind of plain. There really ins't much too it. But thats not nearly important enough for me not to get one.

Good Work AGD!

xrancid_milkx
07-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Oh ya real quick, would these panels fit on the Y-Grip? If they do I would want to get them.

smilestyler
07-14-2003, 07:32 PM
I think they look really great, and look forward to owning one within the next 12 months. I never understood why the Z grip didn't become all the rage. My biggest disappointment is now there are two awesome frames to choose from. How does one decide?:rolleyes:

BajaBoy
07-14-2003, 07:56 PM
xrancid_milkx, it looks like they use normal 45 grips but just backwards.

e mag
07-14-2003, 08:12 PM
hey guys i just looked at the Y-grips on the AGD store and i have to say that they look ugly as hell and not near as comfortable as the z-grips.
it was discussed a lot and the general consensus was that the z-grip was angled too much and so the y-grip was designed. it might look uncomfortable, but just remember how most people who have never used a z-grip thought they would be uncomfortable too.

FutureMagOwner
07-14-2003, 08:16 PM
how can you tell if its more comfortable or not based on looks? seriously try it first then say

Mag Master 04
07-14-2003, 10:25 PM
nothin greater than the power of Z

Basketballer16
07-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by xrancid_milkx
Oh ya real quick, would these panels fit on the Y-Grip? If they do I would want to get them.

Where did you find those at. I am also interested if they do or not?

xrancid_milkx
07-14-2003, 10:45 PM
paintballpins.com

I find them cool and original. I haven't seen anyone with one so I'm considering one of them. Especially for the Y-Grip because I find it kind of bland.

Will Wood
07-14-2003, 10:47 PM
Wow. You managed to conclude it sucks without even trying it. Congratulations.

Alot of peopel said the Z would be super uncomfortable. Your saying the Y would be. Maybe it won't be. Maybe the Z isn't. Maybe you should try it before complaining. AGD put alot of work into it, don't go dissing it.

Basketballer16
07-14-2003, 10:48 PM
hmm some of those look preety awesome. Can anyone tell us if they will fit a y grip?

Also kinda off topic but will i have to change ne thing on my current gun

68 valve
emag high rise body
eclipse splash kit

Torbo
07-14-2003, 11:34 PM
i gotta find someone with one, so i can try it, so i can figgure out wether to get that of an I frame. hmmmm, decisions.

gam-e
07-15-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Will Wood
Wow. You managed to conclude it sucks without even trying it. Congratulations.

Alot of peopel said the Z would be super uncomfortable. Your saying the Y would be. Maybe it won't be. Maybe the Z isn't. Maybe you should try it before complaining. AGD put alot of work into it, don't go dissing it.

I would like you to re-read my original post and determine the following:
1. Where did i say ive never tried a z grip?
2. Did i say it looks (which would be my opinion) or it is uncomfortable?
3. Did i conclude or was i just saying my initial impressions

Half Wit - learn to read. education is free. there are no excuses.

wow. You managed to look like a jack(fill in the blank) without even trying. Congradulations.

Dion

Benfica4ever
07-15-2003, 01:28 AM
they look ugly as hell and not near as comfortable as the z-grips.
Dion
UMmmmmmmmmm, no.
They acually look alot better than the z

superdesk2007
07-15-2003, 07:31 AM
I'm hoping to get one as soon as I get a mag.

Albinonewt
07-15-2003, 07:49 AM
How does the Y (or even Z) work with the E-Mag? Are there variants that include the little digital readout that the E-Mag has on the grip? And if not, can you live without them?

jdev
07-15-2003, 09:40 AM
....not near as comfortable as the z-grips....

they are actually quite comfortable. for the mock up test version that tom had at the MM, i liked the feel of it, comfortable. :)

TheTramp
07-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
How does the Y (or even Z) work with the E-Mag? Are there variants that include the little digital readout that the E-Mag has on the grip? And if not, can you live without them?

Neither the Y nor the Z-grip will work with the E-Mag. There is nowhere to put the electronics, magnets, solinoid, etc.

FooTemps
07-15-2003, 12:42 PM
I'm only planning to buy a y because I can't buy a z anymore.

Will Wood
07-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Gam-e,
I know you've tried the Zgrip. My point is, many people said it would be uncomforatble. But then people tried it, and it wasn't.

I'll leave it at that, don't get so touchy.

bornl33t
07-15-2003, 03:51 PM
no offence intended.... but I'm starting to loose interest in AGD stuff...just too many things that irritate me (the yellow pin) and conformaties (y grip? wtf?)

TheDarkReaper
07-15-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by xrancid_milkx

HOLY SH**:eek:
Where did you get those grips, and where can I get one?

nuclear zombie
07-15-2003, 04:22 PM
hey guys i just looked at the Y-grips on the AGD store and i have to say that they look ugly as hell and not near as comfortable as the z-grips.

Have you shot a y-grip yet ? or did you look and decide that it wouldn't be comfortable ?:rolleyes:

xrancid_milkx
07-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by TheDarkReaper

HOLY SH**:eek:
Where did you get those grips, and where can I get one?

www.paintballpins.com

There like 60 bucks though. They got some other cool stuff, check em out.

gam-e
07-15-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by nuclear zombie

Have you shot a y-grip yet ? or did you look and decide that it wouldn't be comfortable ?:rolleyes:

as a matter of fact yes, i did look at them and decide that they appear to be uncomfortable to me. ever heard of initial impressions? :rolleyes:

ie: that beautiful girl that just walked by, you didnt think she was beatiful until you spoke with her did you? of course not :rolleyes:

Dion

cphilip
07-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Heat
no offence intended.... but I'm starting to loose interest in AGD stuff...just too many things that irritate me (the yellow pin) and conformaties (y grip? wtf?)

Don't worry to much about that Pin Heat. Kayle I think has a nice fix for that. We waiting to hear that Tom approves it.

The Y? Well I never much was a fan of the Z. But no one says ya gotta use one. I a normal 45 is still there. And will be for quite a while I bet.

trex
07-15-2003, 06:32 PM
I have a pair of the paintball pin skull grips that fit 45 frames. I don't use 'em if anyone is interested in them lmk.

trex

bornl33t
07-15-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Don't worry to much about that Pin Heat. Kayle I think has a nice fix for that. We waiting to hear that Tom approves it.

The Y? Well I never much was a fan of the Z. But no one says ya gotta use one. I a normal 45 is still there. And will be for quite a while I bet.

Yeah I saw that... I dunno though... guess I'm just a picky mofo :D

nuclear zombie
07-16-2003, 06:47 AM

as a matter of fact yes, i did look at them and decide that they appear to be uncomfortable to me. ever heard of initial impressions? :rolleyes:

ie: that beautiful girl that just walked by, you didnt think she was beatiful until you spoke with her did you? of course not :rolleyes:

Dion

here's how I look at it :

ie. that beautiful girl that just walked by , I thought she was beautiful ( based upon beauty as a physical trait ), but I did not talk to her and assumed that she was a mean person because she was beautiful, without ever meeting her .

all I'm saying is: I don't care if you think it is ugly that's your opinion , you thinking it is uncomfortable is also your opinion, however flawed it may seem to me . Just give it a chance you don't have to go buy one ,just attend an AO event and try one . You just might like the not so beautiful girl :)

gam-e
07-16-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by nuclear zombie

you thinking it is uncomfortable is also your opinion, however flawed it may seem to me .

i understood your point; however, the above statement is the same thing i did.

You assume its comfortable so you say my opinion is flawed?

have you shot a Y grip? i doubt it, so why then are you assuming that it IS comfortable?

if you are going to criticize my post of saying it appears to be uncomfortable, then dont post back doing the same thing i did from the opposite viewpoint :D

Dion

nuclear zombie
07-17-2003, 08:07 AM
Actually I never stated my opinon on how comfortable , I thought the y grips would be , my statement :

"you thinking it is uncomfortable is also your opinion, however flawed it may seem to me ."

means that I think that your OPINION is biased and flawed because it is based upon looks .

ChucktheMAGician
07-17-2003, 08:55 AM
I have a z-grip and I ordered my y-grip and it should be hear Friday. As someone may have mentioned the z does look funny but it is extremely comfortable. It is kinda hard to run w/ if you like to hold the grip so perhaps the y will fix that! Any panels should fit, I think they are on the opposite side as compared to a normal 45 frame tho.

gam-e
07-17-2003, 11:35 AM
point taken an completely understood. opinion still remains the same.

dion