PDA

View Full Version : Black low rise bodies ????

wimag
07-14-2003, 05:41 PM
Does anyone have any information about AGD's plans on black low rise bodies.
Yeah yeah i know about the ULE's ,had one, but all in all i like the steel lowrise better.
Anyone? Thanks

cphilip
07-14-2003, 05:48 PM
The problem is most of them are Silver soldered on. And that messes up the black "parkerizing" process that AGD has been using when you do that after the fact. So its easier to do them polished and then "black" them. If you wanted a black one it would have to be sent out AFTER low rise was brazed on to it. And they just have not seen enough demand to do them.

We did one and it then had to be powder coated to cover all the mess up. Looked great then. But I do not expect AGD to make any black bodied No rise. You would have to get a polished and have it "blacked" yourself.

Sparq
07-14-2003, 07:13 PM
To add to that: When I asked the same thing a few months ago, I was told that the black will flake off the clamping feed neck when it flexes.

BajaBoy
07-14-2003, 07:46 PM
im in the process of a black Low rise.:D All i need to do is get it powdercoated this week.

AcemanPB
07-14-2003, 07:55 PM
Does AGD even produce the steel bodies anymore. Will ALL automags come with ULE bodies eventualy?

cphilip
07-14-2003, 08:34 PM
yea I forgot about the clamp. But the ones we did do not have clamps. AGD ones do. And they just did another batch.

I suspect they all will be ULE some day.

lack of grace
07-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Aluminum no-rises would be slick...I don't see agd doing this cause it would down sales of ule body that is one of there hot items now.

mmmmmmm pewter al. norise.