PDA

View Full Version : Question on rules

Lohman446
07-14-2003, 05:42 PM
What do you all think of using "dead" players or refs as cover. I know a lot of people that will make moves when dead players are nearby to mask there movements. I know some who use them as cover when firing. I had a chance the other day to see this as an issue, I came up on a battle after the battle had ended, and there were a ton of players between me and the "live" enemy and a ref. I stepped off to the left and opened fire in a suicidal move - had I stayed where I was I would have been shooting between "dead" players and using them as cover. I have heard of people telling there teammates in a plan to bunker someone, except getting out, then slowly walk off the field so that others can use them as cover to make preplanned moves. Is this legal? Is this ethical? Just curious how other people feel about this. My opinion on it is it is not fair - whatever the rules say, and I don't do it - but then again I only play rec ball for now and nothing is at stake other than my honor... unfortunately because I hold myself to a "fair" standard only for my own honor I am doing it for my own purposes, and defeating the whole purpose of doing it... but oh well, another story. Basically, do you think its right/fair/legal to use "dead" or neutral players, or refs for that matter, in a way that will give you an advantage in a game?

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
07-14-2003, 06:32 PM
not fair but fun

snoogans
07-15-2003, 02:23 AM
i don't like that, and i don't think the refs would either, but...it'd be pretty funny to see, lol.

Nick O time
07-15-2003, 02:30 AM
I don't think its right and i never do it. One time my friend was in a local tourny, and he hid behind a ref and an eliminated person as cover. Then the ref just moved and he got lit up. It was pretty funny lol.