PDA

View Full Version : Halo B acting up

paintballer187
07-14-2003, 06:21 PM
At a tourny yesterday my halo b seemed like it was always wanting to spin balls like it was empty. I had pink annarchy in it on a 80 degree sunny day. I'm not sure what the problem is. I had just put in all new duracell batteries too. Any help is needed and appreciated.

chd03675
07-15-2003, 12:00 AM
maybe dirty sensor or got to hot happens to my revvy

rehme
07-15-2003, 01:04 PM
mine does that every once in a while i just get dirt or paint on the eyes and i just take my halo apart and clean the eyes and works fine after that.

paintballer187
07-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Ok I'll try that, thanks.

afrankart
07-16-2003, 07:47 PM
What color is your shell and was it really sunny?

paintballer187
07-17-2003, 04:35 PM
It is black and yes it was really sunny.

afrankart
07-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Oh, nevermind. I have heard of the clear, red and blue ones having some troubles with the eyes in bright sun.

mh53eplt
07-20-2003, 03:12 AM
you should send your halo b back to Odyssey and have them update the software [$15.00] and also have the RIP drive installed [$30]. I sent mine in and it is well worth the money.

The following info is from Odyssey's web site (http://www.odysseypaintball.com/main.html)

The update program includes a full service of the HALO B loader including upgrading any/all out of date parts to the newest design; including re-programming the circuit board with the newest TE software.

During the update service the loader is completely disassembled and rebuilt, replacing outdated as well as worn parts as necessary.

The newest TE software was developed to be more battery efficient as well as using less torque without sacrificing speed; improving performance with super-fragile paint

One potential problem with a true force-feed loader is that if the loader stops feeding (due to battery failure for example) there is no way to feed balls. RipDrive solves this.

Originally conceived for tournament players who *have* to be in the game, by rotating the ripdrive located on the bottom of the loader, the player can feed multiple balls into the ballstack at a time, allowing them to keep playing. Depending on the height of your feedneck, you can pre-tension as many as 12-15 balls for firing.