PDA

View Full Version : my new xmag

jungleguy
07-14-2003, 09:39 PM
i just bought a new x-mag from Riddler236.
first off, the transaction was great. Riddler
is a great person to deal with.

ok, i was still at work when i got my new marker in a box. i just couldnt wait. i was caressing it before my superiors could say "Dont open that here." it's all black, just like i wanted. the cut and carve design on it looks beautiful. there's only a few things about the xmag that i think could be improved.

1. the grip is awkward, but not that big of a deal. i wish the xmag could have an lcd display like the speed angel. :D

2. the battery on/off switch could definitely use some redesigning. it looks like a spring that's sticking out from the right side of the marker.

3. you can see the on/off pin of the x-valve which kinda worries me since i play rough and might get some dirt lodged in there.

4. a stock blade-type trigger would be cool.

the marker itself is incredibly light. something like 2.7 lbs. thats the weight of my left testicle! i took the battery pack off and put it back on, and now it wiggles: minor annoyance. i tried to tighten it as much as i could, but it still wiggles. eh.

I showed it to some friends that never even considered playing paintball before, and they immediately offered to come play with me this weekend.

the Xmag definitely has the power.

unfortunately, i cant play with it until saturday.

i wanna see if the mag stands up to its reputation.

like i really have any doubts, anyway. :cool:

jungleguy
07-14-2003, 09:42 PM
here's a picture of it.
its the same one Riddler used to lure me in.

FalconGuy016
07-14-2003, 09:43 PM
:) Awesome
I cant wait till the same day lol

For the wiggle, maybe you should put a piece of very compressable material up in it so it wont wiggle

Gecko
07-14-2003, 09:58 PM
the spring is on the end of the switch. It absorbs any impact from a paintball without breaking the switch. I think it's a great idea.

Clare
07-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Congrats on your Xmag! :D

i wish the xmag could have an lcd display like the speed angel.

The angel speed actually has an led board..

CrazyLad
07-14-2003, 10:00 PM
Sweet! Too bad im too lazy to get a job....:D

cphilip
07-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Darn nice marker! Congrats on that.

Halliday
07-14-2003, 10:14 PM
I use a hex wrench to tighten the battery on my E-Mag. It takes care of any wobble, but I can't take it off without the same tool.

jungleguy
07-14-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
Congrats on your Xmag! :D
The angel speed actually has an led board..

oh.
haha.. close enough.
LED, LCD, LCD/DVD/TV/VCDDVDCD... they come up with so many of those, its hard to keep track. :p

1stdeadeye
07-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Welcome to our exclusive little club!:D

ramennoodles
07-15-2003, 09:46 AM
flat black is so sexy.

wyn1370
07-15-2003, 10:02 AM
flat looks soooooo much nicer than gloss.

Jonesie
07-15-2003, 10:08 AM
Congrats! Welcome to the brotha/sista-hood! :D

As far as dirt in the valve, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I play front, and dive/slide all day. I played a tournament up in Dalton, GA in early May in POURING rain, standing water, and MUD! Although I had to play in manual mode all day, the X never skipped a beat. Below is a pic of me after one game, to give you an idea of the conditions.

You won't regret the purchase, I promise.

BTW - The ONE improvement I'd like to see on the E/X-Mags is the improvement of the timer, so you can add the 10 seconds to it. Seem like it would be easy enough thru a software upgrade...

Later ~ Dave

Bolter
07-15-2003, 10:12 AM
velly velly velly nice gun. Mark n e 1 yet?

bsolomon
07-15-2003, 10:12 AM
One easy way to stop the battery wiggle without resorting to using tools to tighten the field strip screw:

Remove the battery. Cut about 2" of electrical tape off the roll and then cut it lenghtwise so that it is about 3/8" wide. Place this tape inside the groove on the battery pack that slides onto the grip frame. This will act as a shim and still allow you to slide the battery on and off easily. And then - no wobble!

fire1811
07-15-2003, 10:28 AM
they way i get rid of the little wobble is take a small chunk of the old bumper and put it in the grove and slide your battery on with the bumper chunk in there

jungleguy
07-15-2003, 11:04 AM
i really appreciate the comments and the suggestions.
and the comforting reassurance.

:p

and flat black is definitely sexy.
guess what was in bed with me last night.

id like a girl instead, but what the hell,
its the next best thing. :cool:

ZyperioN
07-15-2003, 11:58 AM
YES!!! I'm not the only one who sleeps with my Mag!!!!

jungleguy
07-15-2003, 03:45 PM
what kinda upgrades can i get for this thing?

fire1811
07-15-2003, 04:16 PM
flatline and either a halob or evo2

SatansGun
07-15-2003, 06:42 PM
upgrades.
whats a upgrade?
the only thing you need is a n2 tank like the
flatline that fire said and a good hopper like the halo he also said maybe a warp if you like the fell and maybe on of date's drops and a barrel system like a pipe or something

Bolter
07-16-2003, 08:31 AM
yup a really good barrel system is a must. I have also seen one of the Proto type new Arrmageddon air systems (not released yet) and they are very very good and work really well. And hey!! No batteries to go flat (Angel AIR!!).

jungleguy
07-19-2003, 05:25 PM
AHHH!!!

used the xmag for the first time today.
and it just blew my mind.

the reactive trigger in mechanical mode feels
so strange. ive never felt a trigger actually
push your finger back, that sounds cool and all
it just felt odd to me. i didnt use mechanical mode
the rest of the day.

but the electro mode was intense!
the stock barrel was pretty good. pretty accurate.
i broke a ball in the barrel. weird. just one tho.

the safety switch was something totally alien to me.
(i used a minimag that is now the "companion gun"
but, there's always gonna be love for minimag.)
at one point, i forgot to switch it back to fire and thought
that there was something wrong with the gun. the ref
came by and asked me if it was on safe....

i shot myself in the leg too. trigger was so soft.

felt like a noob.

the xmag was getting a lot of attention.
it was definitely the star of the week.
some ooooh's and aaaaah's.

i love it. its perfect for a front player.
light, accurate, and damn sexy. a little hungry on
air, but everybody knows that.

i wanna give Tom Kaye a hug.
if you see him, hug him for me.

minnimag
07-19-2003, 06:14 PM
::gets on knee's and kisses your mud covered cleats::

:eek: must.. have.. that.. gun. oh my now that is a mag

Riddler236
07-19-2003, 08:04 PM
Hi,
Glad you like the gun and that it performed well for you. Next time try not to shoot yourself. :) There's an on/off top o-ring below the one magnet in the frame. It acts as a spacer to lighten the pull a bit. And I'm sure you saw that I included the other trigger magnet, just in case you ever need it or want a heavier pull.

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to hug Tom today for you. Heck, I didn't even see him, but he was/is here for the IAO. I DID see Budd Orr clowning around on a motorcycle - they named him Grand Marshal or some crap and let him ride a bike in a parade with the scenario tanks and the AGD car. He went around revving it and trying to spin tire without hitting the truck he was following. I wasn't impressed, personally.

Speaking of people shooting themselves, we (Team POG) were getting ready to play against Keely Watson and Lisa Harvey's team at the IAO today and a couple of them accidentally fired their guns in the chrono area before getting on the field. One guy shot himself and then another shot that guy and the chrono ref's foot. It was pretty damn funny.

Well, that's all I got. Enjoy the gun!

jungleguy
07-19-2003, 11:37 PM
yo, riddler.
thanks a lot, man. i really appreciate it.
you dont even know.

oh, hey.. do me a favor while youre out there?
could you possibly get Keely's autograph?
thatd be nice.

and go give tom kaye a hug.
thats your mission.

i wish i was there with you guys.
good luck on your games. hope you kick some ***.
and if you meet the coastal breakers, tell them that
"G to the izzo" (thats me) said "wassup, crackers!"

peace.