PDA

View Full Version : My mag DEFINATELY has too much crap on it...

Koosh
07-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Hehe... just thought I'd update the Pimp-tastic mag...

Aside from the gaudy dropforward and giant black stabilizer sticking out the side of the valve, I just can't control myself. I HAD to put a pump kit on it... and I'm keeping the auto-response frame on it too ;)

Before you ask: Yes I know its pointless to pump-ify an auto-response framed gun. But I also don't care. No I'm not sure if it'll work, but I don't see any reason not to try. I'm sending the body and rail out to get milled by Magmonkey (look for it in the dealor forum), so it'll be a week or two before I find out. If it doesnt, I have about 70% of a complete mag here I can finish off with the pump kit and this valve making it my backup.

The warp and VL2000 doesnt get in the way of pumping, but my airline sure does... might need to re-work that when I stop being lazy. I'll see how it realy does when I get everything working.

NJPaint
07-15-2003, 09:16 AM
wow, wish I had the cash to just fool around with my mag like that :p

sbpyro
07-15-2003, 09:20 AM
if you get the pump working could you give me an idea what size of a spacer I should use in the powertube. I have a pump on my mag also (rail with the slot milled out already), but can't get the kit w/ cocking rod to work.
Only thing I could figure was the spacer not the correct size.

ShooterJM
07-15-2003, 09:28 AM
koosh you should have told me you wanted a pump kit installed! My rail and body are the original pump compatible ones.

Koosh
07-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Guess I'll just have to chalk this up to D'oh!

hehe, I'm getting it milled anyway, and it comes with a free pump arm, good deal, eh? I wouldn't want to rob the dragon mag of its cut down SF body, now would I...

ShooterJM
07-15-2003, 09:36 AM
hehehe true. That and the black powerfeed body you have looks pretty sweet on your mag.

ntn4502
07-15-2003, 10:05 AM
good god man, its looking less and less like my gun

SIGSays
07-15-2003, 10:19 AM
uh... you could use a gas thru foregrip and that would get rid of the pump/hose problem... looks unique..

Koosh
07-15-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by ntn4502
good god man, its looking less and less like my gun

Well... that is the point, isn't it? :D

I could try the gas thru foregrip, but with my current foregrip there is only about 1/2inch of clearance... adding a Verticle adapter would make it not clear the dropforward... Plus I like the Gadget grip, its pretty comfortable to hold.

behemoth
07-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Whole lotta crap