PDA

View Full Version : Automag Classic Upgrades

TheDarkReaper
07-15-2003, 03:17 PM
I'm getting an Automag Classic soon, and I've found this wonderful forum.
I would like to know what upgrades I should get for my 'Mag, including what Nitro tank type/brank, etc., or anything else you can think of.
Also, I only will have between $400-$500 for everything, except for the mask, which I already have.

Thanks

Z-man
07-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Well let's see $4-500 for the gun and all huh?

Ideally I would say you try for:

1). Classic AutoMag ~$250

2). X-valve ~$225 w/ old valve tradin.

3). Halo TSA or 12 volt Revy (but the Revy's have cheap plastic that breaks FYI) ~$50-60

4). A preset 68-88ci HPA tank ($150-200 depending on fill preassure and make)

5). Some cradle ~$30-60

Total: ~$700 no good for you

So although I would REALLY go for that X-valve, the LVL 10 is the MUST have at minimum so you could just get the LVL 10 for your Mag and leave out the X-Valve (dropping the price to about $550ish).

It is HIGHLY advisable to go with HPA on any Mag as they perform much better on that. Get's expesive quick don't it?

i_baked_cookies
07-16-2003, 09:05 PM
this is what i did :)

classic automag package (from pbgear) (came with gun, barrel, foregrip, and bottomline adapter)- 280

KAPP dz3- 50

KAPP on/off- 25

warp- 125

12v w/ xbrd- 50

cp mini foregrip- 20

dye sticky 3s- i forget

intelliframe- 110

pure energy 48ci 3k psi- 90

my suggestions are to go with the revvy, a good cheap nitro tank (crossfire makes a perfect one for 80 bucks), and if u have enough, an intelliframe

oh yea, if ur gonna get a classic, get the package from pb gear.

GoatBoy
07-17-2003, 01:53 AM
Buy a used gun. You'll get a much better deal. Mags wear pretty well.

Ukraineboy
07-17-2003, 11:33 AM
This is what I'm doing

Buying a used Classic Automag off Ebay.
Buying Double Trigger Frame (Unless I find one on Ebay WITH a double trigger frame)
Buying ULE mainbody.
Swapping the Valve onto the ULE mainbody
Buying a Lvl 10
Buying Empire Reloader
45ci 3000psi HPA tank
Psycho Ballistics Drop
Buying a Progressive Barrel

And there you have it.

So, at the end I'll have a Classic Automag inside a ULE mainbody with Level 10 installed and a progressive barrel.

(and all the extra Goodies up top)

Pete02019
07-17-2003, 02:18 PM
Ebay nearly the whole thing. See what extras come with the auction (HPA tank, 12v Revolution loader, etc).

Now these might not be "high end" and shine people on, but...they may keep you $500 or under:

1. -=3A=- 3000psi/48ci Al HPA tank=$65 (eBay)
2. J&J ceramic barrel=$22 (eBay)
3. 32 Degrees 3000 psi coiled remote= $30 (ebay)

don't forget s/h :)

(IMHO: sorry, but this string is slipping into "non-technical")

RangerBoii226
07-17-2003, 06:37 PM
GEt a ULE mainbody, there sexy ;)

TheDarkReaper
07-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Ukraineboy
This is what I'm doing

Buying a used Classic Automag off Ebay.
Buying Double Trigger Frame (Unless I find one on Ebay WITH a double trigger frame)
Buying ULE mainbody.
Swapping the Valve onto the ULE mainbody
Buying a Lvl 10
Buying Empire Reloader
45ci 3000psi HPA tank
Psycho Ballistics Drop
Buying a Progressive Barrel

And there you have it.

So, at the end I'll have a Classic Automag inside a ULE mainbody with Level 10 installed and a progressive barrel.

(and all the extra Goodies up top)

I just have some questions bout ebay, How do you know you are getting what you want and that nuttin is messed up, and do they have any type of insurance or summin just in case sommeone tries to rip you and they do not send you the stuff?

Ukraineboy
07-22-2003, 02:18 PM
For one thing.

Ebay has an insurance policy.

because it IS Mail Fraud if they don't sell me it, and I can call the authorities on them.

Pete02019
07-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Well ... check their feedback. If they've got 20 (or more), and its all 100% positive, then you're going to get the item you've won.

*Communication is key*

Ask that seller questions about the marker (anything you want) BEFORE PUTTING *ANY* BID DOWN. If they don't answer your questions within a set time you're comfortable with (lets say 2 days), then walk away and go on to the next Automag auction.

Also, make it easier on yourself and only do auctions that allow paypal. You can back charge the evil seller if they don't come through.

Lastly ... not everyone is joe shmoe from Idaho trying to get $$ for useless junk. As you'll find out, there are retailers who'll use eBay as a store front. Most of the time these guys have 2000+ positive feedbacks. I wouldn't worry to much with them.

Z-man
07-22-2003, 05:39 PM
very true. Ebay is a VERY useful option to consider as long as you read carefully and are clear about what you are getting. If you are uncertain, ask. I see many great deals and many questionable ones.

this one could be good if you wanted to get the basic gun and replace everything on it (turn it into some Xvalve ULE Mag)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3618690329&category=16048

This is one of those auctions that I would say is a bit hyped up.. the "new" special RT bolt.... that is just a normal AutoMag bolt. The "new" bolt is the LVL 10. hype...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3618827433&category=10554

I dunno it's all a matter of watching and then bidding at the last 4 seconds to snatch up the item.

TheDarkReaper
07-23-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Pete02019
Also, make it easier on yourself and only do auctions that allow paypal. You can back charge the evil seller if they don't come through.

Well, I can't use it cuz my parent r nuthin but almost plain out *****es when it comes to using credit cards on the Net, so I need to use cashiers checks.
And thanks for the advice.