PDA

View Full Version : X valve Vs. Emag valve

Dye Angel Guy
07-15-2003, 05:41 PM
Is there any actual performance differences between an X Valve and an Emag valve with lvl 10? I know the X valve is made from aluminum but I thought that was just for weight reduction?

One more question I have seen several pictures of mags with a EMAX valve (on airgun.com) and I was wondering if that was any different from the other two?

shinobidice
07-26-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm pretty sure its like the RT X Pro Valve. Its the All Aluminum Valve with the gun's name on it. So it would be like an emag with an x valve, just you get it saying EmaX on it not X Valve (on the emag)

Dye Angel Guy
07-27-2003, 09:45 AM
so they all have the same valve technology, but are just made of different metals?

cledford
07-28-2003, 01:27 PM
The Xvalve is designed slightly difference then the stainless valve due to the way that the two thread together. The all aluminum valve needed to be slightly changed to insure integrity. This reduced the chamber area requiring that holes be drilled into the body area to increase chamber volume. Cphil in an unrelated post had been speculating that this design difference was the cause of some small thing - but I can't remember what or whether it was a positive or negative change.

-Calvin

Dye Angel Guy
07-28-2003, 08:10 PM
thanks for the info guys