PDA

View Full Version : I want different ULE colors!!

srrdude
07-15-2003, 06:50 PM
Why does agd only produce 5 colors for the ule bodies? Correct me if im wrong, but ive only seen purple, blue, red, clear, and black. I know for a fact that black dye for anodizing costs more than all of the above, whereas colors like green, yellow, and orange are dirt cheap. So why dont we see those? I want a lime green on or a skyblue! I wanna see a bright colored body to contrast the black parts! The best color option at the moment for ules imho is red, because it is the brightest and produces the most attractive contrast on emags. More contrast= more attraction. So why no more light colors? Yellow would be sweet, tequila would be even sweeter, but we only see 5. I dont know if this has been discussed before (i'd imagine it must have at one point so please do not flame me) but i want an honest answer.

I'm sure someone will give me a response like
"teguila won't sell well because its to custom" or "agd will not want to do custom colors" but they dont have to! They could make green, yellow, and orange along with the originals, but also pump out a few fades or splashes like on the original emags.

I know agd has the ules anodized before they sell them, so why cant they save the people who want a green yellow or orange body 50 bucks by having them anoed those.

S.S Bandit1
07-15-2003, 06:53 PM
While I was at an AO meet at Paintball Sams in Wisconsin, Tom Kaye himself told me that he sells like ten black ones to every colored.

Brak
07-15-2003, 06:54 PM
why cant you save yourself and spend the extra 50 to get it annoed yourself instead? why do you have to keep asking and wanting crap that your too lazy to do yourself?

DiRTyBuNNy
07-15-2003, 06:54 PM
yes..well until i get the pimp daddy fade he will...

srrdude
07-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Brak
why cant you save yourself and spend the extra 50 to get it annoed yourself instead? why do you have to keep asking and wanting crap that your too lazy to do yourself?

because i dont want to spend 50 dollars plus round trip shipping and wait a week to have a color that COULD be done at the time of purchase on a ule body.

While I was at an AO meet at Paintball Sams in Wisconsin, Tom Kaye himself told me that he sells like ten black ones to every colored.

Theres a lot of factors determinin that im sure. Maybe its in part because purple and clear arent very popular colors?

ß.C.
07-15-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Brak

I wouldn't call it "lazy" I would call it a wise buyer or needy.

srrdude - I agree with you, but as of now I think AGD is way too busy to do something like that, especially because they have an easy time selling the colors they have.

But hey no one else does it, this might be a good opportunity to start(well I haven't seen it before but not too many people offer these colors)!

Best of luck to you,
ß.C.

personman
07-15-2003, 07:07 PM
They cant make every color that has ever existed, I think the colors are fine the way they are even though I would love a green one.

-=Squid=-
07-15-2003, 07:09 PM
My god brak. I thought you were smarter than that. Please reread the initial post, and then move onto yours. I think something has gone awry in the wonderful world of braks mind.

srrdude
07-15-2003, 07:10 PM
thanks bc, it most definately has nothin to do with being lazy (though lazy is often times fun)

its the fact that it takes 1 week for the body to get to the anodizer, 1 week (if they are decent) to get it done, and one more to get it back. Shipping costs like 8 bucks, if there prices are good (bout 50) then you end up spending 66 dollars, plus any other costs such as packaging or tax. So it is a seventy dollar, 3 week ordeal. explain to me how not doing that is lazy, brak?

srrdude
07-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by personman
They cant make every color that has ever existed, I think the colors are fine the way they are even though I would love a green one.

They make just about every fade imaginable for x-mags. I think they could spit out different colored bodies (i too desire green. Bright... like lime. looks killer with black parts.)

Squid- i concur.

bc- another comment, i know they are busy with a lot of things, but anodizing of aluminum is a set time for solid colors other than clear, so just asking for different colors from their anodizer wouldnt take much time.

raehl
07-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Inventory.

It's just expensive to account for numerous different body colors, to carry the inventory on the, etc. If they did, the price would likely go up more than $50 each - so if *YOU* really want it, then *YOU* pay for it - most people don't want it, so they ain't going to make them pay for it.

Now, what I would like is a WARP FEED ULE body - I don't care what color.

I'll probably just buy an X Mag when it looks like I'm playing often enough to justify it though.

- Chris

RRfireblade
07-15-2003, 07:23 PM
Maybe 'cause 99% of the time they go on black framed/railed mags and there's no way it would match any other "custom" colors anyway.I wouldn't put a fade body on a solid frame myself,and you'd never match a new fade with a old one.

Jay.

personman
07-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by srrdude
They make just about every fade imaginable for x-mags. I think they could spit out different colored bodies (i too desire green. Bright... like lime. looks killer with black parts.)

X-Mags are PREORDERED. Actual people call them and say "Hey, I would like to order a C&C Xmag with a so and so fade." They write that down and when it gets to their batch they say "Hmm, he ordered a so and so fade." They send it to the anno and get it annoed so and so fade.

ULE Bodies, they stock. They arent pre ordered, they have 500 or 1000 or how ever many of one color, and order more when nessicary. If they got enough demand for one color they might stock it. You cant just go up to them and say 'hey, I want a tequila fade ULE body, would you stock 500 just for me?'

However, you might be able to special order one. But then again, it would be easier to anno it yourself.

srrdude
07-15-2003, 07:38 PM
raehl- yes i knew someone would metion inventory, but your pulling those number out of your back side pit of doom. It could go very simply. Agd has raw bodies sitting around at their anodizer, they take the orders from their online store (drop and click color options for customers) and forward them to the anodizer, who in anodizes according to the order. No additional costs required. There are other options as well. Agd has their raw bodies in there wherehouse. When you order from the online store, you specify a color (or have two drop and click options for fades and such for additional prices), and agd sends the bodies to their anodizier, the anodizer sends them back, and then agd sends them to you. That would get you you body (with a color of your choice) to you in 3 weeks tops at no additional cost to you or agd (Because they already send their raw bodies to an anodizer) as opposed to having the body to you in one week after ordering, and 3 weeks and 70 bucks after sending it off to an anodizer. Everyone wins.

raehl
07-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Who exactly is going to process all of that? Who is going to receive the now-special-colored, special order bodies, match them up with the correct order, put them in the correct box, and send them to the right address? Who is going to pay whoever is at the annodizer to count up how many of each color they need, make sur exactly that number is made, including remixing exactly the right amount of solution for that number of of each color, and get the order out? Who is going to pay for the extra number of shipments to keep product turnaround reasonable?

It makes no sense for AGD to add extensive costs to their system to carry extra colors that will make virtually no difference on the number of bodies they actually sell - and, in fact, might actually DECREASE the number they sell as the price gets higher.

- Chris

srrdude
07-15-2003, 08:09 PM
there are no extra costs. Your being pretty dumb... the anodizer will be responsible for making sure the right amount of each is done, they will be responsible for makin the right mixture (though dyes last thousands or parts) and agd will send the stuff out just as they normally would. There should be no extra cost.

raehl
07-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Receiving a bulk shipment of 6 colors once a month costs less than a smacll shipment once or twice a week with 20 colors.

One takes more time to process than the other, and processing time IS A COST, because you have to PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT.

- Chris

srrdude
07-15-2003, 08:20 PM
ya know what this discussion has gotten ridiculous. Its very simple- if they can produce purple, why cant they make green yellow and orange? I dont care bout tequila or any sort of fade, they were just suggestions. I WANT GREEN!

cphilip
07-15-2003, 08:43 PM
there are no extra costs. Your being pretty dumb... the anodizer will be responsible for making sure the right amount of each is done, they will be responsible for makin the right mixture (though dyes last thousands or parts) and agd will send the stuff out just as they normally would. There should be no extra cost.

Well as has already been pointed out your very nieve and pig headed. I certainly would not be calling anyone dumb if I was you.

I tell you what....you get me the money together for 25 of the color you want and THEN I personaly see to it you get the color you want... Deal? If you can presell that manyof them and the money is in my hand and a sure thing in it would be done. But you say you want a green one. How long do you think it would take for the other 25 to get sold? A while I can tell you. And there is a price break on numbers. Not only on the each item but the shipping too. I bet Tom would do you a batch AFTER you paid for them of ANY color you want. But he not falling for that old line again and getting stuck with a bunch of colors not many want.

I got a raw one here I will sell you and you can have it done what you want if it realy means that much to you. My advice to anyone out there is to get black. And as has also been pointed out everyone else figured that out too and so AGD makes a lot of black ones now. Colors sell slow and in low numbers. Simple fact.

David9862
07-15-2003, 08:57 PM
Is it hard to remove the anodizing from aluminum? Why doesn't AGD offer ULE bodies that are not anodized and pass the savings on to the buyer who can have it anodized any color they want? It won’t cost AGD anything extra to hold on to a couple un-anodized bodies since they get them that way from the machine shop and if they don’t sell they can add them to the next batch sent to the anodizer.

joeyjoe367
07-15-2003, 09:10 PM
Ahhhhhh... I love microeconomics!

Economies of scale! Supply and Demand! w000t!!

Mega Man
07-15-2003, 09:13 PM
David9862- AGD does sell raw unannoed bodies, but they cost the same as the annoed bodies.

srrdude
07-15-2003, 11:03 PM
whoa.. i went out and come back to this...

I will say it once more, if he made purple, he can make green.

Im not gonna reply to individual people because it will take a while, but to the guy who said having it done green would take the same amount of time as it would to buy one and get it anoed, you may be right, but you save 70 bucks. Who wants to pay 150 for a black body only to pay anoher 70 to get it the color you want?

As far as ive seen, AGD is about the customer, not ridiculous fortune making. So i figured he might be able to make different colored bodies.

Make it a special order, there is no way it would take nearly as long as an x-mag, it is not in high enough demand.

If the raw bodies were sold cheaper than the anoed, say 50 bucks cheaper, it do it, but they're not.

If i had to get 25 people to order a green one so i could do it, it would be a special order, and id do it. If i werent broke.

I dont think that is necessary though, i will be saving money to possibly to get a ule emag, but i want it green and black. Unfortunatly i dont have that option because agd only produces 5 colors. I want a special order for a green one. Can it possibly be that hard? Is it gonna take more than 70 dollars (above the standard cost to produce a ule) body in green? There is no way it will cost 70+ dollars per body to make it green from the start. That means that they can be produced (special ordered if thats the only way) for generally the same price, to save the customer money. I don t care about you microeconic crap or watever the hell you were talkin about, i just wanna see some more variety from agd.

raehl
07-15-2003, 11:43 PM
Look, you're wrong, end of story. Making one in green would cost no less than you getting one in green, and making many in green would up the costs across the board so that it wouldn't be worth it to AGD.

You may not want to believe it, but you're STILL wrong. AGD is a business. If it would make them more money, they would do it - since they're not doing it, they obviously believe it won't, and they're a much better judge of their business than some punk who DOES NOT EVEN HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY ANYTHING ANYWAY!

- Chris

srrdude
07-16-2003, 12:06 PM
i want a green one. You waste your breathe. i dont care what it takes. I want a green one.

ignorance is bliss.

cphilip
07-16-2003, 12:17 PM
i want a green one. i dont care what it takes... I want a green one....

Now this whole thing started cause you DID care what it takes... you didn't want to buy a raw one and have it done yourself... Now you say you don't care? Sheeesh... :rolleyes:

ShooterJM
07-16-2003, 12:21 PM
I'll pitch in for a can of green spray paint if you promise to learn economics....

datapimp69
07-16-2003, 12:29 PM
i am working on something to solve this whole problem.

i will post something next week.

well if you push me i may tell you earlier.

Strider
07-16-2003, 12:57 PM
:confused:

Applies two handed pressure on Datapimp

srrdude
07-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Now this whole thing started cause you DID care what it takes... you didn't want to buy a raw one and have it done yourself... Now you say you don't care? Sheeesh... :rolleyes:

alright ya smart allick ya know what i meant... i hope... I dont care what it takes for agd... make sense? If they have to special order them, i dont care, if they hafta charge 20 bucks extra for green, i dont care, if they hafta drop purple, i dont care! its not gonna raise the price 70 bucks is it? So i save money.

Shooter- you gimme a can of spray paint ill find you house...

datapimp- push push.. go ahead. enlighten me.

ShooterJM
07-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Will datapimp69 be going into the andonizing business? Will Batman ever catch the riddler? Will Penguin complete his dastardly death dealing doomsday drone? Find out next week..... :D

datapimp69
07-16-2003, 01:08 PM
well heres my plan, but i am still working on the price so dont ask.

i was going to tool up to do full ULE converstions to emags.

what i mean is..

you send me you stock emag..

i will

mill the gripframe to ULE
mill the frame rail to ULE plus mill the wings off and include some tear drops to match the ULE bodie
mill the batt pack to ule and add some teardrops to match the ule body
add a ule body to your gun.

then strip, polish and re-anao back to what ever color you want.

since i will be getting the bodys raw there is no worrie about color.

well thats my plan i should know by next week what the price will be.

e mag
do the unanodized bodies from AGD cost less? in the drop down list for color choice it doesn't list any sort of discount, and its out of stock so i can't add it to the cart to check.

srrdude
sounds like it to me... Maybe he will tell us.

Mossman
07-16-2003, 01:10 PM
Srrdude when you do annoing in your basement green isn't any harder than black (and is cheaper for you, because of dye prices, you mentioned). But when AGD uses whoever they use, and they send 50 bodies that all get polished together, anodized together, and dyed black together. Then boxed up and shipped together. Then AGD packages em together, enters 50 in inventory, and waits for the orders to come rolling in. That's a lot easier than making special accomadations for 1 body, worrying about getting the 1 body to the anodizer, them doing all the work on it, dying a different color, then shippng back. it's probably 1/10th the work but they get 1/50th of the bodies back out of it.

Also, companies like AGD and all the other major paintball companies don't use little backyard anodizers. They use big business anodizers for the most part i believe. Maybe they dont offer green? Maybe they can only keep 5 different dye's ready all the time to ensure that there is minimal variance from batch to batch, and they cant just mix up a new yellow dye every time and have it look different every batch, because other customers wouldn't accept it?

Dude just buy one quick and anno it yourself before you sell all of your supplies :)

cphilip
07-16-2003, 01:11 PM

alright ya smart allick ya know what i meant...

hehehe... ;)

srrdude
07-16-2003, 01:20 PM
datapimp... that is pimp. Have you done one yet you can show us? I like that sound.

mossman.. i am broke remember? Thats why im selin the stuff. Otherwise i would do it.

cphilip
07-16-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by e mag
do the unanodized bodies from AGD cost less?

same price...