PDA

View Full Version : JT Paints

rdb123
07-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Have any of you used either JT Maxim2 or JT Elite? I was looking through actionvillage and saw those two and was wondering how they performed, were sized, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

fire1811
07-15-2003, 07:23 PM
the maxim2 is alright paint i was using a dye ultalight .688 and it was fine with it
not the best paint i have shot but its ok

i used the elite about a year ago and i can honestly say
that that is the worst crap i have ever used in my life
EVERY ball was and egg shape horrible
not things might have changed by now but i wont be trying it again

silentdeath55
07-15-2003, 07:38 PM
what happened to the JT maxim 1? I wanted to try some, but it disappeared.

fire1811
07-15-2003, 07:42 PM
i believe the maxim 1 was just as bad as the elite so they changed the name a bit
this could be totally wrong though:p

poolshark5226
07-15-2003, 09:36 PM
When JT made maxim, it was honestly the best paint I've shot. Havent tried Maxim 2 though

ZAust
07-15-2003, 11:38 PM
maxim1 was a really awesome paint. i remember for about the first monthit was out, pbgear was selling it for 45, then they jacked the price up. i havent tried the maxim2s, but ive heard mainly not good reviews. dont get me started on the elites, horrible shell, horrible fill.

mpyacfo
07-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Ugh...bought maxim 2 on xpaintball and each bag of 500 had 2-4 breaks on arrival. Took awhile to clean each bag but I only had 2 breaks through a whole 2000. It was shot on a WGP 2-piece.(almost like boomstick but cheaper) The balls flew pretty damn straight but the fill was a lil' watery. Overall I would give it a 3.7 out of 5.

tolley
05-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Okay, I've been wondering this issue for a while.

When I first tried Maxim about 2 years ago, I fell in love with it. It was a little on the hard side, but shot nice for me, I liked the dry shells alot too. It was a little hard to find but I bought if off the web in large quantities so I'd be stocked. Still my favorite paint.

Here's the problem, 8-10 months ago the stuff stops being available all I can find is Maxim2, with the same claims about accuracy, of course. So I order a couple cases, and "Holy crap", not the same at all. You can look at them in your hand and see there out of round, definately not dry, and don't shoot well for me in any of my guns. Now I see that there almost the cheapest paint on the net, $16.99 per 1000 at Action Village.

What Happened?????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????? :mad:

Halliday
05-11-2004, 09:41 PM
What Happened?????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????? :mad:
Brass Eagle?

shivors
05-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Ran Maxim at the first Shatnerball and was very impressed. Being several years ago who knows if the quality is the same. <shrug>

gc82000
05-11-2004, 10:27 PM
I am gonna have to on with you guys on the elite paintballs. They really sucked and curved after about thirty yards or so. Same goes for the Maxim 2. When I bought the case there 5 busted balls in the bags, and that ruined the entire case. They shot about average, but the far lower side of average.
BUt the worst was by far point blank paintballs, they never shot straight, they chopped in my mag even though I have a level x installed. Biggest waste of mony ever. :mad:

LeatherPants
05-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Maxim used to be made by RPS. Ever notice the similarities between Maxim and Evil. Clear shell, thick fill..(even though Evil just got changed to colored shells)

Originally Evil was pretty much Maxim.

Now Maxim 2 is made by another company. From what I've shot Maxim 2 not that impressive. I'd rather keep spending the money on Evil or Chronic.

SpecialBlend2786
05-12-2004, 01:44 AM
When JT made maxim, it was honestly the best paint I've shot. Havent tried Maxim 2 though

Agreed. Very good paint and pretty cheap too.

But now all I shoot are Cobra Eggs :)