PDA

View Full Version : Careers

Ukraineboy
07-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Ok, I've been thinking this for awhile.

if lets say I wanted to basically "Work" in paintball industry

I would first have to take 2 years of Mechanical Engineering at my College, then take another 2 years of Ballistic Enginnering at a University in Vancouver.

Would that be basically what I want to strive for?

Excluding my Marks in Grade 12, is that what I'd need to work in the Paintball Industry?

ICOM
07-15-2003, 08:17 PM
good question, i would like to know too.

SyntaxError
07-15-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Ukraineboy
Ok, I've been thinking this for awhile.

if lets say I wanted to basically "Work" in paintball industry

I would first have to take 2 years of Mechanical Engineering at my College, then take another 2 years of Ballistic Enginnering at a University in Vancouver.

Would that be basically what I want to strive for?

Excluding my Marks in Grade 12, is that what I'd need to work in the Paintball Industry?

Add in street smarts, and some cutthroat business tactics and you're golden

FalconGuy016
07-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Wow... to be honest ballistic engineering is the first thing that has ever really appealed to me for a college choice... thank you :) You might have changed my life

spydervenom
07-16-2003, 09:45 AM
when i grow up, i wanna work at WAS.

Ukraineboy
07-16-2003, 12:17 PM
When I grow up I wanna be a Fireman!

:p

Just Kidding.

and Syntax Error.

I have changed many lives before.

Bow down before me.

Mango
07-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Ukraineboy
When I grow up I wanna be a Fireman!

:p

Just Kidding.

Whats wrong with fireman!? I'm not one but some of the bravest guys I've met are firemen (and of course the guys at my department!) ;) :p

Mutilus
07-16-2003, 01:42 PM
It depends on what you want to do in teh paintball industry really.

If you want to design the newest greatest markers, you should pursue a BS in Physics with most of you strengths in Fluid Dynamics and Metallergy.

If you want to design paintballs then you would need chemistry strnegths.

The ballistics courses are actually geared toward firearms and aerodynamics when paintball is pneumatic and fluid dynamics. Air is a fluid and how to generate enough force to start the initial velocity of the projectile to optimum muzzle velocity is what designing markers is all about. The ballistics are the same in most cases, a liquid filled plastic coated projectile will fly through the air in the same way out of any marker it is all about rate of fire, gas efficiency and initial velocity. Which is all covered in fluid dynamics.

Of course in today's market you may want to minor in electronic engineering since most equipment is being geared with electronically controlled pneumatics and feed systems.

Maybe I am being too much of a geek but this how I see it.

Mutilus
07-16-2003, 01:46 PM
Of course if you just want to run a field or store then take business courses, with entrepreneurial strengths.

Brak
07-16-2003, 02:35 PM
i wanna be a cartoon voice actor and cartoon/comedy writer. thats mah dream.