PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Morlock (emagnum) Board???

redlaser666
07-15-2003, 11:27 PM
I bought a morlock board to add ACE to a blowback semi (spyder clone), my question is:
What is the diference between high-blocked and low-blocked eye modes?
Im using the transmiter and reciver included in the package in a through breach config.

Thanks for the help.

robertjuric
07-16-2003, 08:29 AM
I think it would be what part of the breach the eye is sitting at, either the top or bottom, but Im not sure.

Are you sure the Morlock board will work? Its made to control small solenoids, not the big power hungry sear tripping kind.

shinobidice
07-16-2003, 08:35 AM
Isnt that an emag board? the emag solenoid runs off what? 18 volts? And a spyder rusn off what? a 9 volt battery? i dont see why it wouldnt work...

Matt_mg
07-16-2003, 08:57 AM
The morlock can take up to 30 volts... enough for anything :p

sniper1rfa
07-16-2003, 09:07 AM
high and low blocked refer to the state of the reciever when the eye is blocked by a ball. High blocked is a reflective type eye, where the reciever goes high when it sees the light reflected from the ball.
Low blocked is a through breech type eye, where the reciever goes low cause is *stops* seeing the light, as the light has been blocked by the ball.

the morlock can handle 5 amps at 30V, it will have NO trouble running an emag. None.

Matt_mg
07-16-2003, 09:06 PM
It will also work perfectly in your favorite brand of...

hmm can't say that I'd get moderated ;)

redlaser666
07-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the replies,
I installed it on the e-frame, and did notice that it didn't have the "punch" of the original board running the same 9.6v battery. It did work with 18v (2 x 9v series conected) so i will be hooking it up to an intelifeed hopper and use the hoppers batteries.

Please keep the comments comming, i will post more as the project develops.

Matt_mg
07-17-2003, 11:41 PM
running the batteries from the hopper?

Cool I don't think that's been done before...

redlaser666
07-20-2003, 09:22 PM
Nope, everybody seems to want to eliminate hopper bateries :)
As far as my project goes, the "spyder" is going to become a sort of electro-spider-cocker thing. I was having recocking isues at high rof so decided to build a closed bolt gun instead.

Is there a diferent setting for the eyes in the morlock for closed bolt markers?

JT2002
08-06-2003, 12:24 AM
any place where we can still buy these morlock/ emagnum boards?

sniper1rfa
08-06-2003, 06:54 AM
www.exarin.com

redlaser666
08-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Yep, $137 will get one to your door in 1-2 weeks, since they seem to make them when you order them. Mine took 2 weeks to get here.

la690
05-23-2004, 07:59 PM
UP :D
im thinkin about morlocking a spyder so I uped this hopin to learn more about your project.

joez
05-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Order it from Docs Machine. Mine was $129 and got here in 4 days.

la690
05-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Thanks, I know where to get one. :)

the electrician
05-23-2004, 10:49 PM
you said it didn't have the same "punch"?

you do still have a capacitor hooked up in parallel with the battery don't you? just like it was originally? that giant capacitor is needed to make the 9 volt be able to handle such a large load.

redlaser666
05-24-2004, 07:51 AM
I dont have the spyder anymore, but i did discover i needed ther capacitor to make it work.

The morlock is now happily living inside a highly modified Tribal. It has worked very well for the past year or so.

the electrician
05-24-2004, 04:20 PM
No matter what application,they all have solenoids. they are either solenoids directly doing mechanical work, or they are solenoid valves, controlling something that is doing mechanical work right?

any time you use a battery to energize solenoids and a circuit board, a capacitor should be used. it helps the battery to deal with large current draw, and it keeps the voltage up during the draw. this can be importatnt to the controlller of the circuit board. making sure a "brown out" condition does not occur.

even on a tribal, you will increase the life of the battery many times over by using a capacitor in parallel with the battery.

I like to use a cap that is atleast rated 16V, and has enough capacity to fire the gun atleast three times all by itself.

redlaser666
05-24-2004, 11:17 PM
I never though about using a cap in the tribal, since the original board didnt have one. I have some extra space in the frame so i will try out one of the big caps i have. Thanks for the Idea.

Thorpydo
05-26-2004, 09:49 AM
If you didn't want to spend ~130 bucks, you could also use a stamp board from parrallax(or similiar company). They arn't specific for paintball. People use them in robots, so they have more than enough power to do anything you want in your marker. It won't be as "clean", and after you add the transistor it will be a tad bigger than the morlock, but its a great learning project (electronics and programming) and will save you quite a bit of money.

redlaser666
05-26-2004, 09:37 PM
I have experimented with Stamps and also programed PICs but that was after i bought the morlock. I will be using the PIC for my next tribal though.

cledford
06-03-2004, 09:08 AM
the morlock can handle 5 amps at 30V, it will have NO trouble running an emag. None.

Is this for certain? I was at last years AGD tech class and AGD himself said that the Morlock wasn't suited for the Emag due to some power issue.

I've always held off on buying one because of that statement - even though I've seen Butter's old Emagnum work and been green with envy...

-Calvin

redlaser666
06-17-2004, 10:14 PM
cledford - i put 18v through mine and it never complained, so i dont see why it shouldnt work. And as you say there have been other emags converted without problems.