PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: How long will Xmags be in high demand and on back order?!

dcmander
07-16-2003, 02:34 AM
How long do you think Xmags will be in this crazy demand? Will AGD ever be able to produce them as fast as they are wanted?

Basically... People buy xmags, use them a bit, and then sell them for about the same price they bought them for..Just because of the lack of availibility.

I'm wondering how long will this last? Till the end of the year? Longer?

LMK what you think. Open to all ideas and opinions.

cphilip
07-16-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by dcmander
Basically... People buy xmags, use them a bit, and then sell them for about the same price they bought them for..Just because of the lack of availibility.

No I don't think thats right. Out of around 200 of them I have seen maybe 10 get resold. And almost always because they needed the money and that was the most valuable thing they had to let go. And almost all of them wanted to keep them.

I would think around a year. Then it will let off some but they will still be prized for some.

fire1811
07-16-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by cphilip

No I don't think thats right. Out of around 200 of them I have seen maybe 10 get resold. And almost always because they needed the money and that was the most valuable thing they had to let go. And almost all of them wanted to keep them.

I would think around a year. Then it will let off some but they will still be prized for some.

ditto

AL3X OAKL3Y
07-16-2003, 08:48 AM
if i were to order one from agd today, tomorrow.... how long would it take before id get it? 9 months a year?

cphilip
07-16-2003, 09:16 AM
6-8 months has been the wait for one direct so far. If you contact a dealer with one already preordered and in line you can grab it quicker.

Wc Keep
07-16-2003, 09:22 AM
6-8 months has been the wait for one direct so far. If you contact a dealer with one already preordered and in line you can grab it quicker.

that sounds like a shameless plug for our ao dealers. :cough:tunaman:cough:cphilip:cough: :D

spydervenom
07-16-2003, 09:39 AM
to quote sandlot

FOR. EH. VER.
FOR. EH. VER.

to be serious...probably about a year unless AGD comes out w/ a newer better looking gun by then.

dcmander
07-16-2003, 12:47 PM

Yes I agree. I worded that poorly, sorry. Of course everyone loves them and wants to keep them. But they are HUGE investment and many are made to sell them.. But when they are selling them (cphillips :P ) they are getting close to what they paid for.

I just want to see what you guys thought about this. Will I be able to have this same reassurance when I get my Xmag in Nov/Dec?

Thanks.

dcmander
07-16-2003, 09:19 PM
up

AutomagRT1483
07-16-2003, 10:41 PM

Thats what I'm hoping. I ordered one from a dealer back in March. Anywho, needless pop about how much I want my X-mag;) :D

riooso
07-16-2003, 11:05 PM
This a topic that many people are watching. I have a version of the X-Mag and I can tell you there are a lot of people that I play with that would love to have one. I play mostly rec. ball and that marker is a force on the field. From quiet one ball hits to full output against a crew of 20 rushing a fort. I live in California and play almost every weekend and have put 250,000 cycles on it in less than a year. There have been no problems other than ball detents, bolt springs and bumpers being replaced. People marvel at its reliability, I put it though hell! That being said these guys are not going to wait the better part of a year to buy one. I have read Tom's post about marketing and the way that he needs to run his business and so be it. I just wish that there was another way possible to get these things out, people want these Mags.

Rio Oso

dcmander
07-17-2003, 10:19 PM
up.