PDA

View Full Version : Death to the Z Grip

drboo
07-16-2003, 10:06 AM
I for one am pleased about the release of the Y Grip. Not only has Tom met his customer's needs, but he has also moved forward with market trend. While the Z grip was incredibly innovative when it came out, it was a little flawed. The Y picks up right where the Z left off and should have no troubles becoming more popular than the cult status of the Z grip. Bravo to Tom for once again pushing his products in to the future.

Death to the Z grip, let no more time or money be wasted on an outdated idea...

Xyxyll
07-16-2003, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't go to that extremety. I like the Zgrip and the Ygrip. I've also liked my two Intelliframes. All AGD products are incredible.

Dave
07-16-2003, 10:24 AM
This 'outdated' idea is exactly what fueled the design, production, and release of the Y-grip- The dis-satisfaction with the standard 45 grip to be ergonomic in most paintball-related shooting positions. They are working off the same principal here:)

Have you ever tried a Z-grip before? It is not for everyone, but for those who found their match w/ the z-grip, they will never give it up. Never! I love my z-grip, and wouldn't even think about taking it off my mag. The Y grip accomplishes what the Z-grip never did(and never did mostly because it was ahead of it's time)...it brings to the paintball market an ergonomic grip that has the same effect as a z-grip (more comfortable holding position) while not being as incredibly drastic as the Z-grip...having the angle be less, a more 'market friendly' design. And with all the 90* grips you see coming out on Angels and Impulses and other markers, the paintball community is warming up to the idea that it's not such a bad thing if a grip is not a standard 45. This is good news for AGD and the Y-grip, since it will find a larger target base and cover more ground than the 'radical' Z-grip ever did. Bad news for the Z-grip? Hardly. The Z-grip will always have it's true afficionados that will forever remain true to it's radical, ahead-of-its-time design, that knew a good thing when we saw it. And can Z-grip and Y-grip owners get along? Certainly. Its all the same idea, right?

-Dave

drboo
07-16-2003, 10:33 AM
I did actually have a Z-grip on my RT for a while. It wasn't for me so I opted to sell it along with my RT and tank to fund an Emag. The thing I could never understand was the cult of people who really want a Z grip, but keep thinking that there will be a new batch any day now. I even had someone back out of a sale b/c he was convinced that a new batch was coming soon (that was 2 yrs ago).

I don't think that the ergo idea is outdated, just the Z grip. I hope that people that were waiting for the next batch of Z grips will come to their senses and buy a Y grip.

Major Ho
07-16-2003, 11:32 AM
Dave that was one of the best posts Ive seen you make. Now if we could only get that monkey of a post whore falconguy to make some quality posts...

Splat
07-16-2003, 01:10 PM
I've used the Z-grip once and I liked it! I'll have to try the y-grip before I think about buying it

FalconGuy016
07-16-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Major Ho
Dave that was one of the best posts Ive seen you make. Now if we could only get that monkey of a post whore falconguy to make some quality posts...

Thanks...

RTGuy86
07-16-2003, 03:46 PM
i am one of those that will never give up my Z. it is just perfect for me. but on m classic mag however i do not have a Z unfortonantly(i know i messed that up)so i will prob. try one of those Y-grips. like everyone said it is based on the same idea so why not. besides atleast i could intellifie the y.

Major Ho
07-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

Thanks...
All in good fun bud, all in good fun ;)

MagOwnerzRule
07-16-2003, 06:59 PM
death to people who bring death upon the z grips :-p:p :mad: