PDA

View Full Version : Smart parts, and your views.

HoppysMag
07-16-2003, 12:00 PM
ok theres alot of stuff going around about how smart parts is trying to sue everyone so they can get the paintball market... i havnt been able to get the whole story does anyone know? cause i mean when you go after Mike Casady then things are messed up.

Albinonewt
07-16-2003, 12:01 PM
I got a really nice Smart Parts Baby Tee for my wife.

Does that help at all?

Python14
07-16-2003, 12:09 PM
I can understand why they are taking legal action. I mean, when you get a patent on something, and you are running a business, it's in your best interest to protect your patents. But I think as far as PR goes, it may not be completely the wisest move. But hey, I'm just a senior in highschool whop took a primer class on business and econ.

I do however like what they offer equipment wise. I use a freak and will probably be getting an impulse or something sooner or later.

HoppysMag
07-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
I got a really nice Smart Parts Baby Tee for my wife.

Does that help at all?

no but it gave me a good laugh :D

Originally posted by Python14
I can understand why they are taking legal action. I mean, when you get a patent on something, and you are running a business, it's in your best interest to protect your patents. But I think as far as PR goes, it may not be completely the wisest move. But hey, I'm just a senior in highschool whop took a primer class on business and econ.

I do however like what they offer equipment wise. I use a freak and will probably be getting an impulse or something sooner or later. [/B]

ya but what are they sueing over? cause no offense to smart parts but CCI is on a whole nother level of well, everything. i mean. i cant even think of anything CCI might make that smart parts would have any intrest in. Hand made pump markers vs mass produced electros? il ask this at the PHOG too.

Spaceman613
07-16-2003, 12:20 PM
he gave a deposition to thier lawyers. He had an electro before ANYONE else, so he can she dlight on the SP patents and if they hold water (or air).

Personally, I would love to see the courts take money from SP and tell them that they have wasted money on thier patents because they were not the first electric marker.

SP is NOT suing CCI... its simply asking what Mike did and when.

dropkick1
07-16-2003, 12:29 PM
yeah, years ago, mike had the idea of an electropnuematic paintball marker, and propose the idea to brass eagle if i remember correctly, and they turned him down saying who would pay that much for a paintball marker, haha, isn't it kind of ironic where we are now?

ken

deathstalker
07-16-2003, 12:57 PM
This is copied from a post at PBR, where someone contacted SP for clarification on the CCI matter:

Hey Chris,
Thanks for the in site on this issue. I have just responded to another person who brought this to my attention yesterday. As I told him Smart Parts is in no way shape or form suing CCI/ Mike Cassidy. So if you can help clear up the rumors that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Spesh Robinson

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 7:17 PM
To: sales@smartparts.com
Subject: Question

Hello,
I know this is not the proper place for this e-mail, however, it looked like the most promising.

There is a rumor that is circulating about ill relationships between Smart Parts and CCI/Mike Cassidy. Several sources have indicated that your company, Smart Parts, is suing Mike Cassidy/CCI for a patent infringement or similar on your Shocker. Is there any truth to these claims, or any legal troubles between your company and CCI?

The reason I am asking is because many Phantom owners are very loyal to Mike Cassidy/CCI, some threatening to boycott your company's products. It may not seem like a major loss to Smart Parts, however, I feel it is noteworthy that many Phantom owner's have been in the sport a long time and garner much respect on the on-line community and their own home fields and their word would weigh heavily against or in favor of your company.

Either way, I would highly recommend a representative from your fine company to make their way to the PHOG (Phantom Owner's Group, http://airsoldier.com/~phog/) and either dispell these rumors, explain the nature of the suit, or smooth things out.

HoppysMag
07-16-2003, 01:10 PM
ok thank you for clearing that up guys.:D