PDA

View Full Version : Yet another disturding use of paintballguns

Blazingace
07-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Found and article in todays Tretonian. This is the local paper for the Trenton, NJ. area. They are kind of like the New York Post in that they are very opinionated.

On the first page in huge letters is "Paintball Terror" and subtitled "Man loses eye in paintball attack".

The article goes into saying how 4-5 young men drove up to this homeless guy and got out of their car and shot him about 20 times in the face and upper body. It goes on the say that he was bleeding heavily from all the shots and that his eye was ruptured. The article was on more of a racial slant since the victim was white and the assailants were black. They haven't caught who did it yet.

In an informative article under the main one a staff write who played, or maybe still plays, explains how paintball works. He doesn't do a very good job. He recounts the first time he played and calls the game "Army". He tells, in several different ways, that paint ball hurts. To the uninitiated it would seem that paintball is pretty close to killing your opponent. He uses words like "kill" "enemy" "hunt" and phases like "onsluaght of pain". In the end there is a little blurb about tourney and proffesional 'ball but that is about it.

Blazingace
07-16-2003, 12:15 PM
The link to the article.http://www.trentonian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=9851646&BRD=1697&PAG=461&dept_id=502176&rfi=6

sharpshooter1286
07-16-2003, 12:15 PM
what is being done to show the positive side of paintball? all i hear is the negative stories and ppl complaining about idiots with paintball guns and then all we do is complain and whine (myself included) i think that someone should do something about it like a campaign of sorts

Blazingace
07-16-2003, 12:28 PM
For something quick and easy we can post on the readers opinions to all the negative articles. Get the real word out.

SG Avenger
07-16-2003, 12:31 PM
For all the people commiting crimes with Ski masks, Panty Hose, and Halloween Masks..

I dont exactly see those industries hurting... I think people here are making a big deal out of it.

I mean what if a group of delinquents went out and beat down some guy or gal with a bunch of hockey sticks? Would hockey players get all riled up? probably... would Joe America really give a care? Probably not.

Archangel Kid
07-16-2003, 12:33 PM
Kevin Smith, 41 -- attacked at 2:30 a.m.

those bastards... they attack Silent Bob :(

SyntaxError
07-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Archangel Kid

lol

1stdeadeye
07-16-2003, 03:20 PM
I heard this on the way home from a meeting on KYW1060. It was apparently a hate crime to boot. Someone needs a bunkering!;)

circus5
07-16-2003, 04:14 PM
anyone else think that this part of the article sounds a little, er.... a lot fishy

Trenton Police have had a problem with paintball attacks in the past -- mostly dealing with juvenile suspects.

In a 2001 Mischief Night attack, Terrance Tanner, 31, of the first block of Popular Street, suffered a broken jaw after he confronted a group of juveniles who had just shot out the window of her vehicle parked in a three block radius of where Monday’s attacks took place

Police said Tanner confronted the suspected teens when they responded with one shot to the face, before taking off running.

circus5
07-16-2003, 04:18 PM
at the bottom of the article there's a link that allows you to tell them what you think.... DO SO!

Animal Mother
07-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Archangel Kid

Where was Jay!?!?

"Did you see that Silent Bob? I kicked their little 8th grader asses!"

hehehe..

yeah thats really too bad. It has happened before.. long ago some kids with a PMI 3 (VM68) went around and video taped themselves shooting bums up, they also went up to expensive cars and bashed them with baseball bats. Cops saw them shooting a bum and pulled them over and recovered the tape. In court the kids lawer showed video of people playing paintball and how it's "harmless".

Big news now all over the country is how theses spoiled rich kids are beating up bums. Basicly.. 1st time they beat them really good, 2nd time they beat them to death because the bums didn't leave the first time. They think they are "cleaning up" their town by being pieces of crap themselves. One kid was just convicted of 2nd degree murder for killing a bum.