PDA

View Full Version : Matrix vs Rat Imp

$tevo
07-16-2003, 12:22 PM
what one you guys think is overall better? im leaning more towards the trix right now, but the rat imp is also pretty tempting. let me know what u guys think is a better marker for back-mid players

Ov3rmind
07-16-2003, 04:41 PM
If you can afford to get a bolt kit and an LPR, the Matrix will kick the living crap out of any Impulse. If you can't afford those two upgrades, it'll suffer from chopping and efficiency problems. Personally I'd just buy a TMC Matrix for $845, it comes with an LPR, Gen E Bolt Kit (can throw a FF Bolt Kit in there later for super efficiency), and a Gun 20 Chip (prevents bolt stick).

No sKiLLz
07-16-2003, 04:48 PM
If you DO have the $$$ check out Ironmens new Trix or NYX. Or Free Flow Trauma Matrix (just 4 u, Overmind/Minimag)

WarBUCKs
07-16-2003, 07:02 PM
If you want LCD and Eye, go for the Ironman Matrix. You will be paying 1395, but I bet you will dump alot of paint.

I am actually thinking of getting it for my backup gun, unless something else better comes out in 2 months or so.

darklord
07-16-2003, 07:52 PM
[shameless plug]You can buy my LED for a fair enough price, just make an offer. Has a sidewinder, trinity, red bolt kit, and a ccm no rise. I also have a scepter and halo b (TE software) for it. PM me if you're interested. [/shameless plug]

You really can't go wrong with a matrix.

$tevo
07-16-2003, 08:09 PM
how much does the truama cost? and what site is it at so i can take a look at it? if i wanna put the igc vert frame on the trix, should i just get the led? or get the LCD or the TMC? Is the trauma the same price as NYX? the trauma is the FF Trix right?

darklord
07-16-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by $tevo
how much does the truama cost? and what site is it at so i can take a look at it? if i wanna put the igc vert frame on the trix, should i just get the led? or get the LCD or the TMC? Is the trauma the same price as NYX? the trauma is the FF Trix right? Trauma=FreeFlow. ( http://www.4freeflow.com ). You can put a vert frame on any of the 'trixes, it just depends on your budget. Personally I would go with a NYX or a FF. With a NYX though be sure to get an oracle and a leethal, or something equivalent. You really can't go wrong with a high end matrix IMO, except maybe a toxic, in which case you're just paying for the custom milling. :p

$tevo
07-16-2003, 09:22 PM
damn the trauma is nice.. IF i get the trauma, then what else would i NEED to get to be able to shoot it. not upgrades, but a barrel, and what else? on 4freeflow.com it shows just the body. what else would i need to get to be able to use it?

minimag187
07-16-2003, 09:45 PM
Click in my sig to see mine =). All you need is a good hopper (evo2 or halo b), I use a barrel kit. Matrixowner.com is a good place for info and help on matrixes.

darklord
07-16-2003, 09:49 PM
damn the trauma is nice.. IF i get the trauma, then what else would i NEED to get to be able to shoot it. not upgrades, but a barrel, and what else? on 4freeflow.com it shows just the body. what else would i need to get to be able to use it? It works fine out of the box. Better have a good air system and hopper to back it up though! The latest Trauma comes with the bolt, magnetic frame, etc. etc. and all the standard FF stuff as I recall. I doubt it comes with their version of the Leethal mod or the Oracle, but I'd recommend you get both. When/if you buy your Trauma I think they give you options as to what to put on it. I'd definitely recommend pitching in for a matching sidewinder. By far it is the best inline reg currently available for the matrix!

$tevo
07-16-2003, 10:15 PM
does it come with a barrel? and you have a choice for matrix regs. crossfire or centerflag, what one did u get? thx..

-$tevo

Ov3rmind
07-17-2003, 02:19 AM
does it come with a barrel? and you have a choice for matrix regs. crossfire or centerflag, what one did u get? thx..

-$tevo
Yeah, it does come with a barrel. A decent barrel kit that is made to your prefered length would be beneficial though.

Neither reg is excellent, but both will provide acceptable performance. I dunno if Freeflow is still offering a Sidewinder option (you'd have to ask over the phone), but if they are just pay a little extra and get it. The Sidewinder is the best performing reg I've ever seen, and on top of that it's reliability is the equivalent of a tank.

$tevo
07-17-2003, 10:18 AM
ok..im def gettin a trauma. but its gonna be a little while till i get the money cause of truck payments and im goin on vacation tomorrow. so after vacation i can start workin again and make some $$. does the trauma rip? does it shoot as fast as the nyx?

minimag187
07-17-2003, 10:43 AM
No it shoots 15 bps slower. Im not really sure of the speed differences, but I thought they were about the same. BTW yes mine is easy to rip on.

The forbidden fruit is about to be tasted....

$tevo
07-17-2003, 11:17 AM
minimag, did u call and order or did u do it over the internet? cause that color isnt available for over the internet. and did u put a sidewinder on? if so how much more it cost

No sKiLLz
07-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Shop them first. I have NYX #16, so I will always think it's the best :rolleyes: but the new Ironmen one is a kick azz marker too.

Ironmen: www.paintcheck.com (http://www.paintcheck.com)
It features a beam break eye, custom lightweight milling (they shaved off the whole left air chamber), LCD display, CP inline and what looks like a pbc LPR. Don't know how it shoots yet and no one that I've seen yet is talking about the internals. Cost $1395

NYXtreme: www.nyxtremematrix.com (http://www.nyxtremematrix.com) and http://homepage.mac.com/alle/

Probably the fastest and easiest to rip with, comes with custom X-board and beam break eye developed by that Eggi guy from Finland who has been making custom eyes for Angels and crap. DOES NOT BREAK PAINT EVER!!! In Chicago (Super 7) they put the NYX up against a Timmy with a WAS board (same board in Dark Viking) and I wish I could remember the link to the thread so I could have the real numbers, but Eggi made a faster board. It's LED with dipswitches, and has some really nice milling. $1295 for silver and $1395 for black-blue-silver fade. No options, so you're going to have to replace the Centerflag inline, but it has the Trinity LPR and decent CP barrel. The Gen-e bolt is good enough for now, but Leethal (Lee) is almost done developing a new bolt for all matrix markers. It should come out before the X-mag arrives at WarBucks house.

Free Flow: See above

There's also an Demon Matrix available soon, but WarBucks knows more about it than I do. It seems like a nice marker.:D

I think Warbucks said this, and I think he's right; the Matrix looks like the autococker did four years ago, when EVERYone needed to make their own version of it. If it says Matrix, it's hard to go wrong.