PDA

View Full Version : New to E-Mag

Bamakx
07-16-2003, 03:32 PM
I have a new E-Mag and have a question. (With the marker not aired up) Should the LED display cutoff and the solenoid not cycle after the first trigger pull.

Wynken
07-16-2003, 05:59 PM
I believe so yes...

The LED display should have one blinking light in the bottom left corner.

I think that since there no air to push the solenoid back down, it stays where it is once it's been activated once.

-Wynken

Bamakx
07-16-2003, 09:42 PM
It has the blinking light when you allow the LED to time out and go off (approx 6 sec.). The blinking pixel is not there if I pull the trigger before or after the 6 seconds. The program version is 1.37.

athomas
07-17-2003, 08:28 AM
Once the solenoid is pulled in and there is no air to return the sear, you won't be able to experience any noticable solenoid or trigger movement on each subsequent electronic trigger activation. If you put your ear next to the solenoid you will be able to hear a faint click each time to electronically fire the marker.

The blinking pixel isn't readily noticable as it is only on for a brief moment between longer off periods. You have to consentrate and look at the LED display for a moment to notice the blinking pixel.

Brett23
07-18-2003, 07:55 AM
put your safety on then pull teh trigger with the gun on. you will get a much loader click. Only way I know of for setting the 1.37 board trigger, to see if it will work where youve set it at.

ignatz
07-18-2003, 02:21 PM
Did you adjust your trigger at all?
If you pull the trigger and the display is blanked, what happens if you try to cycle through the menu (top button)?
Once your hear the click, does the board reboot (display the AGD 1.37 again) or does it just go blank and stay that way?
Are you pulling the trigger stright back or are you pushing it to one side and then pulling it back?

To fix your problem I would the following in order testing after each step:

1. Make sure the positive battery contact inside the grip frame is tight.
2. Make sure the EMag ground screw is tight. DO NOT overtighten this crew but make sure it is snug.
3. Back the trigger magnent out about 1/4 turn.

I think those steps should strighten you out.

Also, look for a thread started by BlackVCG on Emag trigger adjustments in this forum.

Bamakx
07-18-2003, 08:10 PM
Question: Did you adjust your trigger at all?
Answer: The marker is used and I have not done anything to it. I was told that it worked the weekend before I bought it.

Question: If you pull the trigger and the display is blanked, what happens if you try to cycle through the menu (top button)?
Answer: When I cycle through the menu different pixels light up but do not make any numbers or words and they are only displayed as long and I hold the top button down.

Question: Once your hear the click, does the board reboot (display the AGD 1.37 again) or does it just go blank and stay that way?
Answer: It will not reboot unless I interrupt the battery power.

Question: Are you pulling the trigger straight back or are you pushing it to one side and then pulling it back?
Answer: straight back.

ignatz
07-19-2003, 09:16 AM
Your trigger magnet is definently too close to the trigger frame. I can make my EMag do the same thing if I move the trigger magnet closer to the frame. Try backing the magnet out just a little bit with the power to the marker off. Let us know if this helps.

Bamakx
07-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Thanks all. You are right ignatz it was the trigger being to close. There is a new problem though. I fire about 6 or seven shots and the mag will not fire in any mode until I unscrew the air and screw it back in. Have a guess on what this is? I do have a level 10 if that helps.

ignatz
07-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Are you dry firing?
Is the Level X kicking in?
How many shims are in the power tube?
Did you re-oil the marker completely?
Is the trigger resetting? Please describe what it feels like when you pull the trigger in manual mode.
Does the marker leak?

Try this, recreate the problem and this time instead of taking the air source off, use a squeegee to push the bolt from the front of the marker towards the back. Will the marker fire now?

Bamakx
07-19-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ignatz
Are you dry firing?
Is the Level X kicking in?
How many shims are in the power tube?
Did you re-oil the marker completely?
Is the trigger resetting? Please describe what it feels like when you pull the trigger in manual mode.
Does the marker leak?

Try this, recreate the problem and this time instead of taking the air source off, use a squeegee to push the bolt from the front of the marker towards the back. Will the marker fire now?

YOU THE MAN IGNATZ. I am ripping now:D :D :D . I re-oiled after taking it apart and it work great.

Thanks