PDA

View Full Version : PTI on ESPN

jayel579
07-16-2003, 05:01 PM
my brother and i where just watching ESPN and PTI was on, they did a segmant on paitball. gave it its 50 seconds and they commented on it. with out elaborating the one guy said, it for over testosteroned middle aged men running around in the woods playing war games. they should just re-new there subscriptions to soilder of fortune magezine. but the other idiot said something to the effect of wouldnt mind watching the hunt naked for naked woman events.

it was obvious they knew absolutly nothing about the sport. i always say to people new to the speed ball feild, this is why they call paintball a sport. maybe ESPN should of attented a NPPL event before they aired the show.

Vash02
07-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Meh, dont worry about it to much. Those guys are payed to have extreme thoughts about one side or the other. They say some pretty stupid stuff on that show... thats what makes it what it is.

jayel579
07-16-2003, 05:22 PM
oh yeah, i will be the first one to say they are idiots on that show. i said more knowlegdable stuff on the night of my 21st birthday.

just me venting on the stereo-type thats given to paintball

Ov3rmind
07-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Lets just say ESPN and Paintball have had a rough past. I wouldn't doubt that they were encouraged to say derogatory statements towards us.

TigerMan
07-16-2003, 07:38 PM
Don't worry about what they say on PTI, half the time they are kidding around, which in this case they were. They were not serious about the whole hunting women part at all, as they did a segment on that issue on Monday's show and they made fun of it and then at the end of the show said that the whole hunting for women thing was a despicable thing to do and that there comments were in entertainment.

I watch PTI all the time and they make fun of everything, even all the major sports they cover. And one of the guys that is on the show this week isn't one of the regular guys as well.

logamus
07-16-2003, 09:50 PM
pti is the worst show on television today, and quite possibly a top 5 worst show in the history of television.

TigerMan
07-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by logamus
pti is the worst show on television today, and quite possibly a top 5 worst show in the history of television.

You obviously don't like sports then. PTI is hilarious to watch as they argue, fight, and make fun of everything. And they talk about sports. And it isn't one of the worst shows in history. :rolleyes: It's one of the highest rated sports shows on cable.

rx2
07-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Besides everything else, how can you take sports celebrities seriously? They "ain't the brightest."

Vash02
07-17-2003, 12:54 AM
It's a pretty good show. Its nearly impossible to take those guys seriously but its a good way to spend 30 minutes. I very rarely agree with them but its interesting to hear them argue there points. Come on people, you know they arent serious when they say things like "tiger woods is over-rated" and "michael jordan wasnt the best thing to happen to basketball".

TigerMan
07-17-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by rx2
Besides everything else, how can you take sports celebrities seriously? They "ain't the brightest."

The two on PTI aren't atheletes, they're sports journalists.

rx2
07-17-2003, 06:09 PM
I didn't mean athletes, just television personalities known for their involvement with sports. Of course, I am biased against these types of people, having dealt with them in college (I took some journalism in order to fill my electives).

Although, aren't most of those guys former athletes?