PDA

View Full Version : Hunting For Bambi: Some Positive Updates

Automaggin2
07-16-2003, 05:44 PM
yep yep, right now, turn it on

Ov3rmind
07-16-2003, 06:25 PM
Link (http://www.msnbc.com/news/939777.asp)

Brass Eagle spoke out against this, and it was enough to get noted in the news. So now atleast the public will be able to get an idea of where we as paintballers stand on this subject.

Note that women are also given the option of wearing masks and helmets now. Personally, I'd like to see this whole thing shut down, but while it's still around atleast this is an "improvement".

nt2004
07-16-2003, 06:31 PM
its on the news tonight here in chicago. The whole thing pisses me off, especially how they refer to it as a paintball game. Thats not even close to paintball

cphilip
07-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Jay Leno did a piece on it last night and more focused on the fact that Men would pay to do something like this and women would do it as well. He mentioned "Paintball Guns" twice but the thrust was not on paintball itself realy but the whole idea of Men paying to hunt women.

cphilip
07-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Let keep this on one thread huh? Merging...

Automaggin2
07-16-2003, 07:14 PM
tonight at 10 PM, it will be on MSNBC again.

ASDadam
07-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Heh..Heh...Heh...he said Thrust...heh..heh..heh

sorry had to be stupid.

Pballwizz
07-16-2003, 07:49 PM
WAY TO GO BE!!! See, there not so bad;) I to would like to see this thing shut down though.

sniper1rfa
07-16-2003, 09:28 PM
It truly is surprising that nobody realizes a very humorous fact...

... Bambi was male.

:eek:

Major Ho
07-16-2003, 09:29 PM
The brainchild of this operation claims Las Vegas is the paintball capital of the world. Just a funny quirk i heard.
Apparently the creator of the sick "game" sees nothing wrong with the women getting bruises, welts and dragged by their hair like a buck.
What happens when the hunters become the hunted?
I somewhat agree with the fact that those people willing to pay upwards of $10,000 may be desensitized and potentially blur reality with a "game". One psychologist stated that these people may even go and hunt women with real guns because of their distorted view.
Yeah i noticed that too, Bambi is a male deer. WTF!?

jayel579
07-16-2003, 09:34 PM
id like to see the bambis' as the femme fatales, see how much fun these geeks have.

to each there own, no one is forced to participate in this. i just dont like how they dont have masks on. no protection whats so ever.

breg
07-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by sniper1rfa
It truly is surprising that nobody realizes a very humorous fact...

... Bambi was male.

:eek:
HA HA HA HA!!!
People are stupid.

logamus
07-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by jayel579
id like to see the bambis' as the femme fatales, see how much fun these geeks have.

to each there own, no one is forced to participate in this. i just dont like how they dont have masks on. no protection whats so ever.

you know, i bet your not the first person that wanted to see the femme fatales running around naked. ;)

Major Ho
07-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by logamus

you know, i bet your not the first person that wanted to see the femme fatales running around naked. ;)
SEE! What happens when the hunters become the hunted?

logamus
07-16-2003, 09:57 PM
i bet there are fewer guys that want to pony up 10g to be shot AT.

Automaggin2
07-16-2003, 10:00 PM
lets see......

if i get a sex change, that would cost like 15-20 g's, then i go out there, get hunted about 100 times, then get a sex change BACK, minus all the medical expenses and all that crap, i could make....220,000 dollars to get shot at. Sounds like a plane to me.

jayel579
07-16-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by logamus

not necessarily naked, but to prove a point that girls can play this game too.;) and to shot the crap out of these guys to see how dumb they are. but them naked, i dont think id mind:p

Wc Keep
07-17-2003, 12:26 AM
how bout a bunch of paintballers from the "paintball mecca" (vegas) decide to play one day at this location and just light the suckers up. its just wrong of them. it truly disgusts me that they do this.

cockermongol
07-17-2003, 01:17 AM
Just played on my local news today - it's all over the local news in many cities in the US.

Great...

shartley
07-17-2003, 05:51 AM
As I thought would happen… the attention seems to be focused on the act of hunting naked women… not the sport of paintball. It is being reported just like when someone uses a ball bat to commit a crime…. They mention the equipment used, but focus on the action, not the sport or baseball.

This is a GOOD thing for the sport. It shows that we have reached a level of participation that the general public and the media can tell the difference between random stupidness and the sport itself.

Albinonewt
07-17-2003, 06:10 AM
What were the debaters saying? Who were the groups represented during the debate?

And I'm a little suprised how much attention it's getting. Yesterday morning it sounded like it might just fade away.

If they're wearing masks now that a good thing. The only other real safety issue is if one of the women takes a round in the "area" (if you don't know what I'm talking about you need a subscription to playboy, and now).

I'm glad to see a manufacturer or two come out against the use, that's a real smart move and should go a long way toward stemming off any future litagation. They're going to have a hard time blaming the manufactuer for the misuse of the marker when he can show himself on FoxNews 8 months prior explaining to the whole world why the markers shouldn't be used that way.

And Shart's right, for the moment, that it's good that they're just focusing on the morons that do this. What'll be bad is if the spin changes when (if) someone gets seriously hurt. But, only time will tell on that one.

cphilip
07-17-2003, 07:51 AM
I think the Bambi they are refering to is not the Deer. Its the Banachek (Sp?) "Bambi" woman. She was a female figure who eluded the FBI and Police for some time. And was kind of a folk legend at one point and rather pretty girl for a fugitive. I forget the details of the whole thing.

sniper1rfa
07-17-2003, 08:32 AM
sure, but is is a couple hundred times more amusing when thinking of the deer... :P

cphilip
07-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Heh... true dat! :D

GT
07-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

Brass Eagle spoke out against this, and it was enough to get noted in the news. So now atleast the public will be able to get an idea of where we as paintballers stand on this subject.

SO I guess some of you morons will stop bashing BE?

mrhooie
07-17-2003, 11:42 AM
from my APG industry newsletter

APG has received dozens of emails just today about the activity called "Hunting for Bambi" being conducted in Las Vegas, Nevada. Here is one company's official press release, received today.

Brass Eagle Inc. Responds to "Hunting for Bambi"

Bentonville, AR, July 15, 2003 – Brass Eagle Inc. (Nasdaq: XTRM) the worldwide leader in the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of paintball products issued this press release today in response to the "Hunting for Bambi" game concept taking place in Las Vegas, NV as outlined in a recent KLAS TV, Channel 8 Eyewitness News feature. This concept, which has just now come to the Company’s attention and is isolated to the Las Vegas area, involves shooting paintballs at women who are wearing only tennis shoes without proper protective gear and clothing.

"We condemn this irresponsible activity and do not endorse or condone the use of paintball products for such activities," said Company President & CEO, Lynn Scott.

Brass Eagle Inc. will ask local city and county officials in Las Vegas to look into this matter, as the health and welfare of the women participants could be damaged or threatened by this undertaking. The company and its distributors are especially concerned about:

1) Purposely shooting at persons who are not wearing a paintball mask, which could result in serious eye injury, including blindness.

2) Purposely shooting at persons not wearing clothing, which provides some protection from the impact of a paintball. Playing paintball nude may result in significant bodily injury.

Brass Eagle Inc. promotes the recreational sport of paintball, which is a safe and fun activity when the proper safety rules and regulations are followed.

ALWAYS WEAR A PAINTBALL MASK WHILE PLAYING PAINTBALL OR BEING SHOT AT WITH PAINTBALLS.

Brass Eagle is unique in providing a full line of paintball markers and accessory products from beginner through competition level. The Company is the dominant supplier of products for this rapidly growing sport. Brass Eagle Inc.was named one of the "Top 100" Hot Growth Companies by Business Week magazine in 1998, 1999 and 2001, and one of the IW Growing Companies 25, America’s Most Successful Small Manufacturers by Industry Week magazine.

cphilip
07-17-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by mrhooie
from my APG industry newsletter

2) Purposely shooting at persons not wearing clothing, which provides some protection from the impact of a paintball. Playing paintball nude may result in significant bodily injury.

Welp...there goes my whole idea for SC AO meet... :(

:D

Albinonewt
07-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Welp...there goes my whole idea for SC AO meet... :(

:D

Wait Wait, the idea shows merit and is salvagable.

I know!

See through wrap! Might be a little warm, and there are none of the benefits of wearing clothes, but at least the wearer won't be "nude"

QUINCYMASSGUY
07-26-2003, 12:35 AM
hahahaha... check this article out on CNN.COM regarding the Hunting For Bambi being fake (proven) and that the jerk who planned it as a hoax and made paintball look bad now faces misdemeanor charges. Serves the punk right.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/07/25/bambi.reut/index.html

elpimpo
07-26-2003, 01:07 AM
oh man some of the stuff u guys come up with to make fun of these guys is priceless. im kinda wondering how this got so huge i mean i think its gay. but people are throwing out 10 gs to do this, it cant last for very long. i mean come on go shoot your friends at a local field then go to the strip joint. u get to shoot people and c naked chix without spending 10 grand best of both worlds

Konigballer
07-26-2003, 03:22 AM
Who cares? Theres nothing people won't do for money, and nothing people won't pay to do. Its just that simple, I dont care if one of those naked stripper chicks catches one in the face just as I dont care if one of those rich shooters gets bit by a rattler crawlin through the vegas desert. Either way, its not like the human race loses any nobel prize winners or anything. Its just going to be a bunch of rich krauts and japenese buisnessmen doing it anyways. The biggest wierdos are always from their respective nations.You drop a few thousand tons of bombs on a couple countries and its bound to nock 'em a little off center. Paintball will be ok. They dont ban baseball everytime someone gets their head cracked open with a louisville slugger on the street. All sports use equipment but you cant control what individuals do with it.

elpimpo
07-26-2003, 04:25 PM
now see the biggest thing wrong with what you said is that its like when some one hits someone with a bat. people know what baseball is there are a lot of people that dont know what paintball is and how its supposed to be played. so when people hear that people r doing this with paintball guns and uninlightened person probly woulnt know the diffrence