PDA

View Full Version : Slide shorts?

muirtach
07-16-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm looking into getting a pair of slide shorts. Just wondering which brand people prefer. Better padding, more durable, comfort.

The need to be pretty durable because I'm sick of tearing up my upper legs when I play in the kilt.

Skreemer
07-16-2003, 07:44 PM
I liked the DYE sliders alot for comfort and the fact it stayed in place. The major problem I had though was that the pad up front is really too small... the pad covered the "twig" but left the "berries" exposed...

I have since switched to the new JT Skinz sliders. While the cup has a tendency to wander as it's only attached at the top, it's much bigger and covers the entire "unit" and not leaving anything exposed.

oh yeah and as for durability even though I don't play in a kilt I play in nylon soccer/running shorts. I've been out in them 4 times already (once reffing and 2 times indoor fields and one outdoor field) and have yet to even have a string pull loose.

Torbo
07-16-2003, 10:30 PM
how about underarmout baseball sliding shorts? Amazing. Durable, comfortble, more than enough padding on the back. I wouldnt trade mine for anything.

Gunga
07-17-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Skreemer
I liked the DYE sliders alot for comfort and the fact it stayed in place. The major problem I had though was that the pad up front is really too small... the pad covered the "twig" but left the "berries" exposed...

Glad to see I'm not the only one with that problem. The first time I wore the Dyes I caught one right between the 'berries'. Doh.