PDA

View Full Version : Mags high end?

Pballwizz
07-16-2003, 08:46 PM
Do u guys think mags are high end? Like, Mini and Classics, not RT's or E mags. iT jsut I know a kid who says there not high end. what do u think? Peace!

FooTemps
07-16-2003, 09:00 PM
mag? they're medium... maybe even low end... They compete with anything from cheap spyders, stock cockers, and other stuff like that... (i couldn't think of anything else, i'm tired... lol)

bryceeden
07-16-2003, 09:02 PM
I would call them mid grade, but I use a classic to beat Angels and timmies in speed ball on a regular basis so for competitivity they are very high end

rehme
07-16-2003, 09:05 PM
i would say they are in the mid range

nt2004
07-16-2003, 09:13 PM
kind of depends on whats on them and who uses them but I'd call them mid-high range seeing how they are simple enough for a newb to use but accurate and good enough for a tourney player to use

ICOM
07-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Well if yu have a ule mag i say more to mediumish. And if it had a rtvalve/xvalve more toward high end.

Nomad
07-16-2003, 10:44 PM
The classics are mid to high.

fire1811
07-16-2003, 10:57 PM
umm heres a though maybe its the player and not the gun

:rolleyes:

but in the big picture i will play along
they would be mid

e mag
07-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Nomad
The classics are mid to high.
yep. completely stock its mid, but if you put on an iframe, rt valve, ule body, ule trigger (once its out) then it would be high level.

i_baked_cookies
07-16-2003, 11:07 PM
i used to have a spyder amg and it was faster than my mag (my mag has intelliframe), and although the amg was electric, it came no where near the accuracy or reilabilty (sp) of my mag. id say mags (classics) r mid-high end guns even though the lack of speed.

Barjack420
07-17-2003, 12:23 AM
You could ask the same question about cockers. Is a stock cocker a high end gun? Id say no, but a freeflow cocker, yes. In the same way that some pro players still shoot cockers I know some of the guys on aftershock do, i think even strange sometimes uses evo's, some still shoot mags like Mani from Aftershock. Anyways when it comes down to it mags CAN be high end but they can also be mid range markers. it all depends on the individual players preferences, or the latest gun fad.

Mav D MagMan
07-17-2003, 01:13 AM
I'd have to say mid range - higher end mechanical marker (depending on the equip).

By no means are they high end supermarkers, but in their category they are NO low end, that's reserved for poor quality blowbacks (there are nice blowbacks that can reach mid range).

Mav

breg
07-17-2003, 01:26 AM
Performance wise, I'd have to say the a stock Mini or Classic is a high mid range marker.

But, like Fire1811 says, it's the player not the gun.

The highest range marker is the one your happiest with

Angry Man
07-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Mags are definitely medium/low end...no higher. Even RTs don't approach "high end" when you compare them with nyx's, speed's, was boarded timmies, etc. With all the new stuff coming out, I wouldn't even consider an e-mag super high end...only the x-mags.

fire1811
07-17-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Angry Man
I wouldn't even consider an e-mag super high end...only the x-mags.

why the xmag??
an xmag is just an aluminum emag with ace
everything operates the same.

Gadget
07-17-2003, 11:49 AM
I was about the say the same thing - sure the X-mag is pretty, but bar the ACE, which has been made a bit redundant by L10, it's functionally identical to an Emag.

I'd class stock classics and minis as low end, RT Pro as mid and E/X-Mags as high.

Angry Man
07-17-2003, 01:42 PM
I say that because standard emags are extremely heavy, especially the valve, which makes the gun ridiculously back heavy and unbalanced. Also, I've seen level ten mags chop plenty....maybe only once or twice per case, but that's something and those weren't barrel breaks. They were high end in their day, now, a vision eye and lightweight construction are necessary to make a "high end" gun. The 16bps cap doesn't help, and it's that same cap that makes me consider my gz timmy not super high end.

Pballwizz
07-17-2003, 01:51 PM
So its mid range? Ok taht explains alot.

jdev
07-17-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by fire1811
umm heres a though maybe its the player and not the gun

:rolleyes:

but in the big picture i will play along
they would be mid

i can relate to a degree..

but when is the last time you saw (recently) someone enter a tourney using a talon.. and win?

i think the marker plays an equal role to the players ability, hence, the marker is only as good as the man/woman behind it.

personally, i think mags are mid to higher end, depending on what you have for upgrades on them.

SIGSays
07-17-2003, 02:12 PM
damn right... gotta hold it down...

_Spork_1
07-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by bryceeden
I would call them mid grade, but I use a classic to beat Angels and timmies in speed ball on a regular basis so for competitivity they are very high end

lol, dude, you can get anyone with an angel out with any gun, ,i used to do it with my tippy 98 all the time, and i still thought it was low end.....

classics and minis are low end and with upgrades like intelli and lvl 10 and ULE i would call them mid end.

FatMan
07-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Can someone define what "high end" actually means? Without knowing that I could not begin to answer.

I think you could just compare the retail price tag and that would tell you. I think in the end "high end" corelates to retail price, but since I'm not really sure what you guys mean, I'm not sure.

FatMan

cphilip
07-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Lately it seems like they mean high priced.

I used to think it ment "Well made"... still kinda do...

fire1811
07-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Lately it seems like they mean high priced.

I used to think it ment "Well made"... still kinda do...

no no no you have it all wrong if it cost a lot of money then it has to be better :rolleyes:

MaChu
07-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Gold plated talon, cost $2000, must mean it is better and high end!

Clockwork_Orange
07-17-2003, 03:44 PM
A couple of years ago mags were considered high end, because of there advanced performance amongst other markers. The classic mag is now considered low end, because of the evolution of electronic markers. In the mech world a classic could still hold it's own against most markers.

The Rt IMO, is high end...despite the fact that it's mechanical it can hold it's own against any electronic marker. Most electros can't even shoot over 12 - 15 bps, let alone the RT is capable of shooting up to 26 bps with no shoot down or drop off...now that's impressive for a mechanical marker, so why not consider it high end...especially in the mech category?!?

Not one of you people who own a retro/x valve equipped mag could say that you had a bad game, because someone else was using an Angel or Timmy against you...if that was the case then you wouldn't have the confidence in using or owning a mechanical marker like the mag! Any store/online or magazine that sells RT's always has them in the super semi and high end category with electros and high end Cockers. Most fields that I have played on considered my mag high end...not because it's a mag, but because they recognize the retro valve system and know it's capabilities.

There is no doubt that the emag and xmag are high end - super high end markers. They are some of the most advanced electros on the market now! Would you consider a $1000.00 - $2000.00 mech Autococker high end, because of it's price or performance?