PDA

View Full Version : need a picture from someone

jdev
07-17-2003, 06:53 AM
i got an idea.. crazy as it may be..

im at work, and dont have my mag infront of me (im not allowed to bring it to work.. co-workers find it indimidating ;) ) otherwise I would not need help. :D

what I need is a picture of someones intelliframe, without the grips on it.

pics of both sides would be great, just one will do though.

thanks!!

.joe.

shartley
07-17-2003, 07:11 AM
Hope this helps... I just snapped off a quick shot for you...

jdev
07-17-2003, 07:14 AM
sam, you da man!

thanks! :D

TransMan
07-17-2003, 07:20 AM
you gonna let us in on what your doin?

jdev
07-17-2003, 07:23 AM
something I proably shouldnt be doing to my mag :D

as soon as I have a better idea to explain it and a crude drawing of what I want to do, ill let you guys in on it.

its more or less a crazy idea to try and change the way and function of the trigger pull..

idea is kinda fuzzy in my head.. but when an idea gets in there... i usually find a way to work it out.. :)

once I get a better idea of things, ill post it in the workshop.

jdev
07-17-2003, 09:25 AM
bah, this is driving me insane...

sam, thanks for the pics. i just cant see what I need from them though.. but they did give me a general idea.

im going to have to pull my mag apart and check things out when i get home. possible update to my mayhem after 3pm EST. :D

shartley
07-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by joey d
bah, this is driving me insane...

sam, thanks for the pics. i just cant see what I need from them though.. but they did give me a general idea.

im going to have to pull my mag apart and check things out when i get home. possible update to my mayhem after 3pm EST. :D
No problem.... what exactly are you trying to see? If I knew, I could make sure it IS seen. ;)

jdev
07-17-2003, 02:47 PM
sam, i needed to see an above view of the frame. involving taking the frame off alltogether.. if you were going to do that I appreciate it, otherwise, I just disassebled my mag ;)

i have determined that what I was trying to do, I must have been on crack to think up. (hey, it was around 7am after i just got into work.. ;) )

my idea was to create another set of pressure activated pin system that may reduce the trigger pull. similar to what the sear does now, working on all pins and rods though. it *thought* like a good at the time :)

I drew up a little schematic for this, then realized the sear is angled into the rail to hit the on/off.. then quickly dismissed the first idea as it was, would need to modify it.

second idea I came up with was a small pulley-like pull system, whereas there would be 2 more additional rods that would be depressed after the trigger pull, affixed to a small wire (metal wire.. something like that) that would be wrapped around "pulley" devices that would put a downforce pull on the "wire" causing the final piece that it is attached to, to have an upward force that would activate the on/off..

so, after i pulled my mag apart to see how i could finagle this bad larry.. i came to the sad realization that I was a retard.. and quickly dismissed any hope of getting this together, because there does not seem to be enough room to fit all of this within the intelliframe.

anyways..

thats my story of failure for the day. i suppose pictures of my contraption are available at request.. i suppose i can humble myself to be a butt of a few peoples jokes.

.joe.

shartley
07-17-2003, 02:59 PM
LOL Nope, sorry. Not going to do that... if everything is working fine, I leave it alone. :D

jdev
07-17-2003, 03:06 PM
heh, maybe I should follow that motto..

I usually disassemble my mag for no reason whatsoever.. :)