PDA

View Full Version : Why are there no STOCK emag blades?

Koosh
07-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Ok, I understand the emag trigger... I know that you adjust the magnet through the hump on the trigger, and I also know that Timmy63 USED to make blade triggers for emags at the cost of manual mode...

But WHY can't AGD engineer a STOCK blade trigger and preserve manual mode? Are you telling me the inventors of the LX, ULT, and X-mag can't get around this one minor detail? ;)

I'm not really complaining, and it isn't a non-blade trigger preventing me from buying an emag (heck I've bought and sold two already!), I just prefer blade triggers to double triggers. Look at it this way, EVERY other $800+ marker I've seen at least has an OPTION for a blade trigger, or a readily available aftermarket one... why not the emag?

I'll probably get a replay like "its in the works" which will make me look like a rambeling idiot...:D ;) :D

gibby
07-17-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh
...I also know that Timmy63 USED to make blade triggers for emags at the cost of manual mode...
That's odd, mine works in manual mode.

Remington
07-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by gibby

Yea, same here. The only gripe I have about the Timmy trigger is that I can adjust the trigger magnet. :(

gibby
07-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Remington

Yea, same here. The only gripe I have about the Timmy trigger is that I can adjust the trigger magnet. :(
Don't you have a little allen screw at the top of the trigger? I believe that is used to adjust the trigger and works almost the same way as the adjustable trigger magnet. Of course, I got mine last may so maybe the design has changed some?

drboo
07-17-2003, 11:59 AM
I believe Mr. Laach did change the design (i've got one of the prototypes), however, in doing so he did not get rid of any features that would hinder adjustment.

My guess is that he's at IAO right now, I'd suggest PM'ing him when Pride gets back...

Skoad
07-17-2003, 12:03 PM
i want a blade trigger ;(

Mr Pink
07-17-2003, 12:04 PM
I got my blade trigger only about 2 months ago - it has a small grub screw at the top of the trigger for magnet settings.

It really rips too:D

MoBiLe
07-17-2003, 02:24 PM
i want a blade trgger for my emag as well
i also find it wierd that agd doesnt have the option for an emag blade trigger

Tunaman
07-17-2003, 03:48 PM
Look closely fellas...your Emag double trigger IS a Blade trigger. Little cutting here...little grinding there...WALA!:D

AGD
07-17-2003, 05:10 PM
We dont offer it because:

1. it doesnt work in manual mode and there is no easy way around it.

2. Timmy was offering them and he could tell you to go to hell if you wanted it to work in manual mode.

AGD

Animal Mother
07-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Umm... ::scratches head::

How does taking off an extra bump on the trigger make it not work in manual mode?

maglover52
07-17-2003, 06:37 PM
i have a tl63 blade trigger on mine. it came with it when i bought it. i love it. and it has the screw at the top. and yes it works great in manual mode.

ah137
07-17-2003, 07:23 PM
I believe tom made this one,

with the TL63 it can be adjusted to work in maunal, just adjust the trigger rod out a touch.

~Hills

Remington
07-17-2003, 07:35 PM

Don't you have a little allen screw at the top of the trigger? I believe that is used to adjust the trigger and works almost the same way as the adjustable trigger magnet. Of course, I got mine last may so maybe the design has changed some?

No I have that screw too. I'm missing the hole for the actual trigger magnet that's behind and inside the trigger itself(the hole can be found in stock Emag double triggers). I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that being able to adjust the trigger magnet itself allows you to adjust when the HES is activated. :confused: Maybe I'm wrong. ;)

Koosh
07-17-2003, 07:41 PM

Ooops...

I didn't have any experience with the TL63 trigger, I just thought I had heard that.

And like I said, I have no emag, and I can't afford an emag anytime soon. I was just curious as to why it isn't offered.

Jonesie
07-17-2003, 07:46 PM
I turned my Trigger Rod out 1/2 a turn on my X-Mag, and man that blade trigger rips! :D

I agree, how does removing the bump on the front affect manual mode?

Either way, I wish AGD would produce some with the disclaimer that they may or may not work in manual mode. I know this is not good business practice, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I need a blade for my ULE E-Mag.

gibby
07-17-2003, 07:53 PM
I know I had sent BlackVCG my emag with the TL63 trigger to tune up. When I got it back, everything worked perfectly. I was able to chrono in manual mode, and it ripped in E mode.

Tom, come to the SoCal AO meet and I can show ya! :p

SIGSays
07-17-2003, 07:56 PM
i saw a xmag with one... the guy said he got it when he bought the xmag brand new.. it was annoed to match

Skoad
07-17-2003, 08:54 PM
seriously....why wouldnt a blade trigger work in manual...like the guy said..isn't it the same without the "hump"???

someone please tell me why? Army i think it was ground his double down to a blade and it works...

GatoLoco
07-25-2003, 04:45 PM
yes, how can hump removal take out manual. Isnt a double trigger a blade with a hump?

GatoLoco
07-28-2003, 10:54 PM
?

Da1spaz247
07-28-2003, 11:19 PM
2. Timmy was offering them and he could tell you to go to hell if you wanted it to work in manual mode.

Whoa!!! What's with that. Am I missing something here? Why would Timmy tell someone to go to hell for wanting it to work in manual mode? Either I took that statement the wrong way or Tom was really cranky when he posted it.

I belive my friend is planning on making and selling these blade triggers real soon. He has the resources, so I know that isn't won't be a problem.

I also don't understand how a blade could affect manual mode.

GatoLoco
07-29-2003, 03:22 PM
hmm does anybody know?

Animal Mother
07-29-2003, 03:55 PM
One thing I heard was something about the magnet and if you take out the bump it will mess up the magnet on the trigger. But I still don't get how a blade trigger effects manual mode.. I'm sure there is an answer, I'm just puzzled to as what the cause is. Maybe I need to see one up close.

Top Secret
07-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Here is an idea... move the position of the front of the trigger forward a bit so that there is enough room behind the trigger to house the magnet/set screw without need for the hump. Ta-da! I'll make some pics of this later tonight.

manike
07-29-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ah137
I believe tom made this one,

No, I made that one. and it's on John Sosta's gun. I don't know if AGDE ending up making any more or not.

Jonesie
07-29-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by manike
No, I made that one.

Then make some more! :D My X-Mag has a Timmy on it, but my E-Mag has Trigger Envy... :p

athomas
07-29-2003, 08:36 PM
The problem with the blade triggers in manual mode are due to the positioning of the triggers with respect to the trigger rod and the frame body. Without proper trigger rod adjustment, some triggers stopped against the back of the frame before the sear was able to release the bolt. If the trigger rods and trigger position were adjusted properly then any blade trigger should work if its designed correctly.

Army
07-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Timmy-Trigger have a locked trigger magnet. On top of the trigger, is a new set screw that adjusts the distance the magnet is to the HES by moving the trigger backward, but this sacrifices the forward freeplay needed for manual mode. The trigger adjuster in the frame is still there.

My trigger is stock, with the hump shaved off, and the magnet locked in. I have NO HES adjustments, other than the distance out where I locked the magnet at, and the travel set screw in the frame.