PDA

View Full Version : They key to having a more succesful marker

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-17-2003, 12:36 PM
I was thinking, Mags aren't very popular because there hasn't been enough upgrades. I know AGD is workin on that right now, but say and Emag. Get some other brand to make a cool-lookin gripframe for it, everyone would be like man look at that upgrade. Most people buy stuff for looks rather than proformance, hence all the cockers being sold :p . Kids go for colorful milled products. Now that there is the Omega rail, maybe some othe rbrands might join in, in making Mags more colorful/customizeable(is that a word?)

jayel579
07-17-2003, 12:52 PM
i think that was some of AGD intentions with the X-mags, to have a better looking body with different ano'd jobs or looks. as far as upgrades, the only upgrades to get are AGD's upgrades. that speaks for itself, a company improving its own product. every penny they make goes right back into R&D for improvment. i doubt AGD has the high production capabilities to offer many different milled jobs or color schemes.

BajaBoy
07-17-2003, 12:52 PM
i have to agree, alot of kids that play in my town will buy stuff for their cockers that are colorful and pretty. They spend Alot of money on looks and well since it looks good they think they have the best gun around.

but i really do think that mags are making their way back up the chart.. and Fast

maglover52
07-17-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by BajaBoy
i have to agree, alot of kids that play in my town will buy stuff for their cockers that are colorful and pretty. They spend Alot of money on looks and well since it looks good

same in my town. but guess what itisnt cockers. its tippmans! everyone is trying to make there tippman look like a real gun. like the m-16 kit things they have ect. ect. i think its stupid and a waste of money because by all that money they have spent they could have got something better like a mag or cocker or something else.

nt2004
07-17-2003, 01:40 PM
I agree about how people keep buying things for looks not performance. When I first got my mag it was missing a foregrip and didnt look too appelaing because I didn't modify it yet. My friend had a TKO mag he bought From action village witha nice drop on it. After testing in our yards, my gun was more accurate because of my barrel so mine in reality worked better. When we went, all our newb friends were gauking at my friends mag and everyone of them jumped to the conclusion that his was way better. Ha newbs only care about the looks, not the performance

maglover52
07-17-2003, 01:58 PM
yeah i hate that. guys will come up to me cause i have my emag and say woah thats a sweet gun and we talk for a little bit then a guy comes with a timmy or angel that has nice milling and they just leave and talk to them just because of the styling when they dont know nothing about the gun just that they ike the looks of it.

SIGSays
07-17-2003, 02:03 PM
well... even if you had a xmag some people still still say .. it's still a ****ty mag... when i hear that i get so pissed...

shartley
07-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Yes, selling performance to someone who just spent $160 on their entire paintball setup and tagged you out is a hard thing to do.

There are various levels of customers and needs for those customers. My idea of “success” for a marker is that it be the top in its target group. And that can mean different things depending on what the target group is. Obviously AGD’s target audience is not the same overall as that of Spyder, or even Cockers.

Success is also paying the bills. ;) Even if you have the lowest selling product on the market (by numbers, not price), but you still feed your family and pay your bills, I would call that a success. :D

Danny77
07-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by maglover52

same in my town. but guess what itisnt cockers. its tippmans! everyone is trying to make there tippman look like a real gun. like the m-16 kit things they have ect. ect. i think its stupid and a waste of money because by all that money they have spent they could have got something better like a mag or cocker or something else.

Let them do what they want...its not all about performance, have fun, do what you like, but dont bash em for it.

maglover52
07-17-2003, 02:09 PM
i know. i have been to my local pro shop so many time just hanging out (because i know the owner really well and he sponsors me for motocross) and i hear kids talking and there will be like a 68 classic in there with a barrel and a forgrip and its pretty much stock though other than the barrel and forgrip. and kids will be lookin at spyders and be like whoah i wanna see that spyder (and ill be behind the counter helpin out so i hand i to them) and they look at it then they will be like can i see that ugly grey gun. and ill hand it to them(its the automag) and they will belike what is this and im like its an automag 68 classic they are made by agd. and theyll say this is so junky and ugly i would take this spyder anyday and ill say o yeah well if its so junky and ugly why was it and the autococker basicly the only guns they used in tourny play before everbody started making electros? and theyll be like o well then i guess its pretty cool. i just wanna slap em and tell them to leave.

Catch22
07-17-2003, 02:14 PM
i just wanna slap em and tell them to leave.

Now now.. That wouldn't be very businessman like now would it?? Besides. We were All slightly stoopid when we first started playing paintball. O Except me because I've never touched a spyder:D

SG Avenger
07-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Well also looking at it this way. There have not been a lot of upgrades to the Mags because of the overall total quality. Really the only add-ons have been bells and whistles until lately.

It's just our desire to tinker with everything that drives us on to shiny things.

Jeffy-CanCon
07-17-2003, 02:36 PM
I seem to recall that in the mid-90's, there were a lot of peopel selling stuff for the 'Mag. Foregrip expension chambers, tourney caps, sight rails, grips. Not much technical stuff, as it is hard to beat the AGD parts.

The Cockers had a wider array of choices for both flash & working parts. And their chunky aluminum body gave fancy milling & anodising options, which the electro-guns have adopted as stock-in-trade. The streamlined Automag design doesn't allow for that sort of pimping-up, which is fine by me.

I have to agree that it is a big part of marketing for the competition. A few more flashy aftermarket options would probably help sales.

Kellen_p8nt
07-17-2003, 08:53 PM
Part of the reason I bought(sp?) my mag is because I wanted it to be that..MY MAG. I can do any number of things to this gun from cosmetics to internals. Allbeit messing with internals is hard to do because of a bt more knowledge than I have being require. But i hear of people lengthining their sears and other easy ideas all the time. Hell we have small start up companies making custom milled bodies for us.

This is a gun for an eantrpenuer(sp agian) I mean look at all the one person dealers we have. Doc, Tunaman, SHartley(not parts but cool stuff)and Xtreeme paintball all have made stuff for our guns or guns.

Dont be surprised if and when AGd and the Mag come roaring back out of the closet like we all feel they will, that some company starts producing numerous parts for our guns, cus lets face it its not hard to make a frame or a rail or a custom milled body for this gun.

Give it some time itll be fine

Danny77
07-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by maglover52
i just wanna slap em and tell them to leave.

haha, Id have to agree with ya on that one:)

maglover52
07-17-2003, 09:48 PM
yeah yeah. i know but i wish everyone INCLUDING me could just read a little about the stuff and find out more about it before we just go out and say yeah that ones best because it looks the best and cost the most. you know what i mean? i know i did it to when i first started playing pb thats why i said including me. but it just gets so old after a while of hearing that. now when ever i hear someone do that im gonna correct them and tell them which is better and why and just kinda help em out so they dont sound like total idiots.