PDA

View Full Version : Check out this Scooter helmet I am trying to buy

cphilip
07-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Is this the shiznits or what?

Its and Everoak which is I think long gone in business but this one is mint condition. Funky European period 60's cool it is....

cris8762
07-17-2003, 01:21 PM
errrr....ok....cool!

actually that's pretty neat lookin! you have a scooter to wear it with?

i dont think it would work with u driving the CPhil-megalodon-monster-AGD-truck

MiniMag84
07-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Hahaha, that's great. Take some pics of you wearing it if you get it.

1stdeadeye
07-17-2003, 01:25 PM
You can't wear that on the scooter! Why cover the mullet?;)

Are helmets required where you are on scooters?

-Carnifex-
07-17-2003, 01:30 PM
Haha, that is the coolest thing ever.

cphilip
07-17-2003, 01:48 PM
Sure I got a Scooter. You not seen it? I repost a picture of it...

Yea well no they are not required and I betcha this one does not meet DOT standards of today so its kind of a moot point. One could argue that I was not wearing one by wearing this. But I think some sort of "brain bucket" is advisable. There is no law that says you CAN'T wear one. And I need one that would fit the period scooter model I have which is retro. Its basicaly an old Vespa style scooter. And currently I have a black half helmet. But if I get this one I will indeed post a picture. I am negotiating for it. Its in England right now.

cphilip
07-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Oh that pictures is early on before I removed the side stickers and all....

let me see if I can find one more recent....

1stdeadeye
07-17-2003, 01:54 PM
If it is what you want, then good luck! I hope you can work something out to get it!
:D

cphilip
07-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Here is one...

shartley
07-17-2003, 01:59 PM
You need a 12 FT whip flag!!!!!!! ;)

cphilip
07-17-2003, 02:03 PM
Since Scooters are dorkiness anyway you gotta follow all the way through with the Dork look. This one I think will do it. I mean I see Scooter riders in black leather and full wrap arounds and it looks just odd realy. Safer but still out of place. The half helmet is close to the right look but this one goes over the top! Sure I will get some picts of me in it if I get it. No problem.

However there is a new trend amongst theives and dope dealers lately in cities to use "Moped class" bikes to get away from cops. These are little non licensed 49cc things that are realy not what we Scooterers think of as Scooters. But people call them that anyway. So now the nerdy Scooter rider is a bit more suspect. It's changing the image. Not for the better either. People are attempting to outlaw scooters without regard to the many people that use them for city transportation and have "real" scooters.

cphilip
07-17-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by shartley
You need a 12 FT whip flag!!!!!!! ;)

I do have white wall tires coming! REALY!

No curb feelers but Peace Frog decals and Flowers are going on... :D

And I am seriously thinking side car!!!

shartley
07-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

I do have white wall tires coming! REALY!

No curb feelers but Peace Frog decals and Flowers are going on... :D

And I am seriously thinking side car!!!
LOL If you push it as far as you can go, there is NO way anyone could say a word about it. There is a point where things just become “cool” because they cross all lines. :D

Keep it up!

cphilip
07-17-2003, 02:10 PM
that is exactly the wacko point. It has to look 60's 70's cool which on hind site never realy was! :D

Kai
07-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Do you have any sweet goggles to wear?

Goggles are a neccesity for the high speeds one attains on a scooter.

rhetor22
07-17-2003, 06:31 PM
looks more like 1940's to me. maybe late 1930's. in Germany. for some reason it looks like a nazi helmet to me.

Cphil, for the love of god, you have to take a picture of yourself on your retro scooter with that helmet! :D :cool:

cphilip
07-17-2003, 09:41 PM
hehe... well for certain you all are going to see the whole thing. And no its 60's I think. Well so does the current owner. .. Its more like a fox hunters helmet I think. Sort of. but it would be at least 1946 style or later. cause thats when Scooters came into thier own. Right after WWII.

-=Squid=-
07-17-2003, 09:53 PM
I can see it now...Ole philly flying down the road on his scooter like a bat out of hell, mullet flapping in the breaze...ahh..

gimp
07-17-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by rhetor22
......for some reason it looks like a nazi helmet to me.

Thats exactly what I first thought

cphilip
07-17-2003, 10:24 PM
Well... it matters not.

Oh and...I will be doing the goggles now since you mentioned it. Just wait. I will now work on the goggles to make you all happy. I was wearing my safety glasses which are perscription. But now I going all the way to the goggles for you! :D

This will be Super Cool! ;)

chizle97
07-17-2003, 10:50 PM
dude you should just get a GI wwII helmet. or a doughboy WWI helmet. those things are sweet.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
07-18-2003, 12:18 AM
but can u paintball with it, i mean if not whats the poin in buying it

cphilip
07-18-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
but can u paintball with it, i mean if not whats the poin in buying it

I don't see why not...in fact.. I think you just gave me an idea for a Scooter tank assault vehicle!!! :D

ReTro Boy
07-18-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Scooter tank assault vehicle!!! :D That's classic...

Why not just take all of the face protection off of a JT mask and wear those goggles. Very cool...

mag-hatter
07-19-2003, 02:26 AM
thats no scooter helmet...thats a german tank commander helmet! LAUF!!!!!! LAUUUUUUF!

MiniMag84
07-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Hey Phil, what kind of scooter is that and how fast does it go?

punkncat
07-19-2003, 09:00 AM
I would not be caught dead riding a scooter.
It has nothing to do with cool points or anything like that.
It all has to do with wheel diameter.The wheels on that thing are so small , they are just waiting to get stuck down in a pothole , or drain.Not to mention the simple lack of control through sand or other debris in the roadway.Heaven forbid you should ever run over a squirrel or something, it would lauch you like Evil Kenevil(sp)....

cphilip
07-19-2003, 09:22 AM
Well those are good points. They are not HIGHWAY cruisers but they have their place in inner city 40 MPH or less situations. Where a large diameter wheel motorcycle starts becoming unmanuverable. You do indeed have to pay attention to road hazards. But do so at lower speeds and can manuver away from them easier and faster. I have seen lots of LARGE wheel scooters lately. It streatches the definition. All they retain is the step through front for upright riding but they have 14 and even 16 inch wheels. Ussualy large motors of 400 - 650 cc. But its a matter of application. A small wheel scooter can be safer at lower speeds because of its manuverability. So you just have to keep all that in mind as to what you are needing to use something for. I myself would not take a small wheeled vehicle over about 40 -45 (I prefer 35) mph nor would I take it on the Interstate. They are just not made for that application. However if you apply them to the right situations they excel in those.

bornl33t
07-19-2003, 09:27 AM
why does you're mullet in that helmet make me chuckle?:D

MiniMag84
07-19-2003, 09:30 AM
I agree with you there but really all you have to do is drive very carefully. Don't do anything stupid.

FalconGuy016
07-19-2003, 10:55 AM
Cant you see a desperate situation, where the last few guys are being surrounded and overwhelmed, paintballs everywhere, hopeless... people just waiting to get shot out, an injured guy on the ground yelling out for his mom...

Then the heroic music starts and you see cphil riding into battle on his scooter, speeding over dirt mounds and bunkering everyone :)